• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nameless1

How many of you all see more than a nice shiny piece of loot when it comes to the Deadric Princes?
In my Skyrim lives I tend to study on the Princes and decide which one to Worship based on RP.
Whether I find books on them or transcend my knowledge to my characters through RL to Skyrim telepathy, my characters will decide which one appeals to them most, and quest to become their champions. Aside from the questing that actually exists in-game my devoted characters will strive to serve their lord(s) regularly. Usually weekly or whenever I see a direct sign from the lord to do his bidding.

Sometimes distracting but makes RP deeper and when you really pay attention to smaller things like this outside of the actual quests you will find some things you never would and see things in a whole new perspective.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
This seems interesting... I think I'm gonna try it out! I've been trying to rp more in Skyrim and this may be good way to help me with it. Thanks!

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
I don't follow
I think what Nameless01 means is that if a character they use "worships" a certain lord, if they recieve a "sign" from said lord, then they will do something along the lines of that lord's personality. For example, if they worship Sheogorath, and get a sign, they will do something crazy (Wabbajack?).

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
But what kind of sign? Are we talking gameplay or roleplay?

Nameless1

But what kind of sign? Are we talking gameplay or roleplay?

Whatever my mind's eye deems fit. and yes GP or RP. another example, if They worship Meridia, they would no doubt race to any mentioned place filled with undead. Or on a roleplay aspect if you decide that theres some undeath creeping around you destroy it. Or if you worship Peryite you might concoct a "disease" in form of a poison and go spread it thru tha lands. things like that.

Stereofanic

Whatever my mind's eye deems fit. and yes GP or RP. another example, if They worship Meridia, they would no doubt race to any mentioned place filled with undead. Or on a roleplay aspect if you decide that theres some undeath creeping around you destroy it. Or if you worship Peryite you might concoct a "disease" in form of a poison and go spread it thru tha lands. things like that.

Doesn't Peyrite want to cure the disease?

Nameless233

*** peryite "clenses" ( or gets rid of ) those who are "unclean" ( such as the weak or the diseased) through spreading more disease

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
It's just loot to me. I just toss em in storage.

I tend to not stray towards evil-based characters, just do the quests because they're there. If I had the ability to somehow destroy the artifacts (through actual gameplay, not just roleplay), I would.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
I like to do that, too. I'm glad I'm not alone. :D

For example, any wild animal my Nord sees, she kills because of the glory of the hunt. (Referring to the fact she wears the Savior's hide and is a Werewolf under her lord Hircine.)

Nameless1

It's just loot to me. I just toss em in storage.

I tend to not stray towards evil-based characters, just do the quests because they're there. If I had the ability to somehow destroy the artifacts (through actual gameplay, not just roleplay), I would.
I see, but not all the princes are evil

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
I actually think none of them are evil by nature, we just view them as evil because what they do is frowned upon by most people. The world wouldn't be what it is without their influence.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'm currently playing a character who I pretend worships all Daedra and wants to resurrect the Mythic Dawn and such; my main goal with him is to collect all of the Daedric artifacts. But perhaps I should choose one to be his true master... probably Mehrunes Dagon. I'm already leaving his razor for last to be the climax of my imaginary storyline, haha.

I do like that there are some "good" Daedra (though I cannot imagine how Boethiah, who demands a sacrifice of a trusted follower, is counted among them), so you can still roleplay the worship of one even with a good character.

Stereofanic

I'm currently playing a character who I pretend worships all Daedra and wants to resurrect the Mythic Dawn and such; my main goal with him is to collect all of the Daedric artifacts. But perhaps I should choose one to be his true master... probably Mehrunes Dagon. I'm already leaving his razor for last to be the climax of my imaginary storyline, haha.

I do like that there are some "good" Daedra (though I cannot imagine how Boethiah, who demands a sacrifice of a trusted follower, is counted among them), so you can still roleplay the worship of one even with a good character.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the most benevolent deadra Azura speaks to the Nerevarine at the start of Morrowind. She should be a divine as she never does anything evil. The others all possess some evil traits.