You're over-encumbered (oh really?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Remnantique

Soft Seeker
lol flashback much? In skyrim i've noticed a trend i've been doing, i use a potion of increase capacity, then i quickly fast travel to a town and then i slowly walk to the inn since the effects of the potion have worn off XD

I can't help but laugh at this, anyone else do it? I discovered you can't ride on carts whilst you're carrying too much stuff! Have terrible is that!!! I paid the carriage guy and he said get on, so i did...NOTHING ROBBED lol I was transferring all my stuff from one house to another, i had to do it in trips lol

11727542.jpg

Remnantique

Soft Seeker
I've also noticed the more i get into the game, the more "2 day waits" i do in shops to sell everything. I'm up to average of doing this 4 times so thats somewhat 8 full day waits.

Jaeger

I usually have more pounds that the piddly amount of buff from the potions.

Since, I don't power game, my conjurors will transfer objects to dead'uns, raise zombie, fast travel to cities. If a dead'un isn't around the location, just slow walk until you see a bunny rabbit and zap him to become your baggage handler. Or you might come across a dead elk. Weeeee! See a body of water - mud crab ready to die and be useful. On a related note, Dead Thralls are like walking containers. Though, be warned, if you want to carry everything you own on your zombie Thrall, sometimes they disappear (a glitch).

Jaeger

Oh, you can also come out of a dungeon, slow walking. Change to werewolf - gain 1900 lbs carry capacity. Fast travel. Though, don't to a place with people. You change back.

brandon

yeah i know how you feel. i wish there was a talking mudcrab in morrowind who had 10000 gold to buy loot with. and it sold all kinds of cool gear. its how i learned about glass armor. but i hate waiting so long it drives me crazy. or fast traveling to the different cities to sell my gear. thats one reason i started doing the weight restrictions for my character it also means i only bring back the most expesive and light weight stuff.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Just be glad it's an upgrade from oblivion. Not being able to move at all sucked big time!

brandon

yeah oblivian took over encumbered to a much more realistic point.but doing pt in the army ive noticed i can almost jog carrying a wounded buddy that weighs almost 150 lbs more then i do. not very far maybe 50 meters. but i can walk 12 miles carrying almost my body weight on my back and still feel good. im not completely dead after. now if i tried to run that 12 miles i probably wouldnt make past the halfway point. so theyve done better this time. but yeah before i started using weight restrictions i would enchant my boots with much more carrying cap. and i would use the steed stone and pickpocket perk and still have to pop a few potions to get all the loot back to town.

Hoyt

I just walk everywhere sneaking with arrow drawn. I sell when I can what they can afford. I have weapons worth more than 12,000 gold and not anyone has been able to purchase any of that yet. I pick up everything that isn't nailed down. I mine every deposit until empty, even clay. I am over 20,000 weight now, still kill everything that gets in my face. When I go home I put everything I don't need to leave in the house. I carry a variety of armor that's enchanted so I can switch when I need to and an arsenal that gives me a lot of fun ways to do sneak attacks. I am sure if a real life thing that weight more that a brontosaurus was trying to sneak up on me I would not being taken by surprise. I only started one sentence with something other than I. I must be self-centered.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
The only time I'm ever encumbered is on the the short walk from the Dawnstar chest to the White Hall enchanting table. And that's only if their weren't any Boots of Hauling in there. Sometimes I'm still encumbered as I come out and drop off the rock to sell the chaff to the blacksmith. :)

This is an old one. Over 5,000 views and only 7 replies till now.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts