• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
PHcYBp4e1ny9fd_1_m.jpg

R.I.P. Spider-Man (1962-2013)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I always have to smirk when the dragon completely ignores me as I pump it full of arrows and goes on attacking some bystander, animal or, occassionally what I can only assume is a very bad rock (there's nothing else around), lands and then lets me bonk it dead from behind. Weird. Not as bad as being just outside of Markath and having a fire breather (red I think) and a frost (white) dragon fighting each other on the ground and ignoring me while I brain each in turn with my big ole sword.

Sometimes I wonder if being dragonborn just means the dragons can't see me.

Oh! And there was this dragon priest that completely ignored me (the one that's outside and not in his tomb up on the mountaintop). I had just dispatched a Thalmor group that had been sent to kill me when I noticed him and a dragon holding a conversation up ahead. Since I knew I could take the dragon, I headed for the priest. He just continued his conversation and didn't even defend himself until I was on my last blow to dispatch him.

Skyrim definately has some weird patches.

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
I dropped ragged robes that I got when I went to jail, and I dropped them on the ground in the Bee and Barb in Riften, two guys walk upstairs in rich clothing, and start arguing over whose that is, then they fought and killed each other over it! Then about five seconds later, the guy who won the fight walked by and said "Oh! What happened!?"

Tyer032392

My funny and WTF moment, I was watching two giants fight a dragon and the giants killed it. I went up and absorbed the dragon's soul and decided to piss off the giants, big mistake! WEll, as I was running with away I saw the skeleton of the dragon fly over the mountain I was running to; guess Serana made her stand and went airborn with the dragon as well.

Daelon DuLac

I know bandits are stupid, but I just met one who was a total idiot, even for a bandit.
I approached him with a readied arrow, ready to shoot... and approached, and approached. When the tip of my arrow was less than an inch away from his face, he still didn't react. So I shot him in the forehead. That finally got him moving. :p
(I was in full sight, not sneaking. He definitely saw me approaching.)
Yeah! Bandits are like that. Some of 'em you can walk right up to and punch before they'll even react to your prescence. I think its all the scooma.

Chadonraz

Today I accidentally taught a Sabre Cat to fly by using Ice Form on it. I hit the RB (Power button) in an attempt to calm the cat down, just as it was about to pounce. Then there was a moment of enormous lag, and I had no idea whether I'd hit my target. Once I could move again, I saw something fly over my head. Turning to look, I saw a Sabre Cat shaped ice cube spinning and flying around like crazy. It eventually landed in a nearby river -- on its paws and very much alive. I was on flat terrain, so I really have no idea what caused that glitch. It was hilarious, though. :D

Quite a long time I ago I saw three Stormcloaks passing through Rorikstead. Or trying to. It became very clear that, however neutral Balgruuf acts, Whiterun is definitely an Imperial Hold.
It's always fun to watch that kind of events. Imperial Courier in Riften, Imperials plus prisoner coming too close to Riften, Stormcloak Courier in Dragon Bridge... the "natives" always win.

Tyer032392

Today I accidentally taught a Sabre Cat to fly by using Ice Form on it. I hit the RB (Power button) in an attempt to calm the cat down, just as it was about to pounce. Then there was a moment of enormous lag, and I had no idea whether I'd hit my target. Once I could move again, I saw something fly over my head. Turning to look, I saw a Sabre Cat shaped ice cube spinning and flying around like crazy. It eventually landed in a nearby river -- on its paws and very much alive. I was on flat terrain, so I really have no idea what caused that glitch. It was hilarious, though. :D

There is a video on youtube of someone doing this to Ice Trolls. It is some very funny stuff to be honest.

Quite a long time I ago I saw three Stormcloaks passing through Rorikstead. Or trying to. It became very clear that, however neutral Balgruuf acts, Whiterun is definitely an Imperial Hold.
It's always fun to watch that kind of events. Imperial Courier in Riften, Imperials plus prisoner coming too close to Riften, Stormcloak Courier in Dragon Bridge... the "natives" always win.

I've never seen this myself; however, I have seen a giant appear in Whiterun a few times.

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
My follower is invincible. Serana can attack and deal damage but doesn't take any. This leads to spats between my other follower Teldryn Sero and her. If she accidentally hits him too many times while in combat he will proceed to attack her continuously without effect. Possibly the best follower glitch ever.

Dallas-Arbiter

I've seen Mammoths fall from the sky numerous times, out in the western parts of Whiterun Hold.

But my big WTF moment is when I realized that Cute little Ysolda is a lowly drug dealer. Or, even worse when looking through the CK, and realized Alfhild and Idolaf Battle-Born are the parents of Lars Battle-Born, and they are also brother and sister.

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
I had a ggod one last night while playing the Companions quest after you turn into a werewolf,
I went to Gallows Rock, to wipe out "The Skinner" with Aela and Skior (Talos Rest His Soul) as i entered the final area where Kev The Skinner is i sneaked around the side of everyone and took aim at him, I was about to fire when (I Dont know Who Cast The Spell) But Skiors body stood up and turned into a werewolf, wiped everyone in the room except me and Alea out and turned into a pile of dust, I dont have Serana with me at the moment and as far as i know Alea doesnt use magic....wtf????

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Biggest WTF moment has to be when I was starting a new game and the cart suddenly hit the curb and flipped over. We were all upside-down, getting scalped by the road, and good old Ralof and Lokir keep going with their conversation. The cart finally righted itself, but by then it was way off course and the horse kept walking into a wall and then flying up to do cartwheels in midair. The cart flipped over a few more times in Helgen. When it got to where it should have stopped, it just kept going, the horse trying to drive it into towers and houses, the cart jumping and shaking all the while. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in Skyrim.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Well I just saw something I never thought I'd see. I'm cruising along on my horse along the northern coast of Skyrim when I saw 2 giant frostbite spiders going at it. A third joined in the fight but I was too far away from the action to see if it was a giant one also. All I know is at the end of it there were 2 dead giant frostbite spiders and I was 4 bottles of frostbite venom heavier.

Alysa Roesch

Master Theif
I just walked into Rifton at about 10 at night. There were three guards that were sneeking and had their weapons drawn. Thinking they were going to kill a thief or something I drew my own and followed then all the way across the city to Mistviel Keep. Only to have them to in the court yard to attack the dummies...I was very disappointed.

Chadonraz

Yesterday I saw a new (to me) encounter where a Mammoth killed two Sabre Cats and then proceeded to run back and forth over their dead bodies. :D

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well I went to the water mill near Windhelm and felt a queer urge to slaughter everyone and leave them naked. In the process one of those couriers came with a 'Message from a friend'. Best part; he was naked except for a hat and boots.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
I was practicing my sneak with my assassin character. Decided to try out my sneak attack on a giant camp. I approach stealthily, not detected, slice the giant. It turns around, and is like "Think you can sneak up on me, you pesky cat lady?" and then promptly sent me into low orbit, while my sneak level went up to sixty three.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Just saw a video where the Mannequins were animated.......Hope it's console commands or I'm never living in Proudspire manor again

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Mine was yesterday.

I was trying to complete the Break of Dawn quest, and Malkoran one shots me, reload after reload, for about 30 minutes. So I leave that quest to level up some from 13. I go all over the southwestern plains, fighting whomever I come across, exploring caves & forts, and I even do a couple of side quests to level up. I get to level 21, clear out Fort Amol to get the Bound Bow, and head back to try to finish off Malkoran. I have my archery up to 60 at this point, so I am feeling momre confident than before. I sneak down to the bottom of the stairs, draw my bow, and one shot him! I have never done that to him before. I usually spend 5 or 6 major health potions, healing spells, and a lot of closing that door.

Daelon DuLac

Yesterday I saw a new (to me) encounter where a Mammoth killed two Sabre Cats and then proceeded to run back and forth over their dead bodies. :D
Oh, that had to be great! I just had my first mammoth rain! A whole herd fell out of the sky right in front of me. It started happening just after I killed 2 giants for my Jarl in Whiterun. Maybe it's their way of mourning?

coinop25

Speaking of mammoths: Today I saw a mammoth try to charge some bandits, but a tree got in the way, so it just ran up the tree. I took care of the bandits, but the mammoth didn't survive the return trip back to the ground.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts