• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I believe so, but it was referred to as female in Oblivion, and the Spectral Assasin confirms that they are the same horse. So overall I'd wager that Shadowmere has no discernable gender, rather than assuming that one or both owners were incorrect when assigning the horse a gender.

On a related subject, I have just done Breylna's project quest again- turning into a horse never gets old.

This is exactly why I can never remember Shadowmere's gender. That is actually a much better way to think of it; neither male nor female. Thank you. :)
Also that quest was hilarious. I thought it was much funnier that she turned the Dovahkiin - slayer of dragons and depending where your character is at, Alduin, the World Eater - into a cow, though, personally. lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hershangames

Well as you all probably know, the dragons you kill tend to randomly spawn throughout the whole map, but usually one at a time. The other day, while I was quietly walking through the streets of Danwstar(also known as dragon nest), all the dragons I had killed appeared in front of me. If that wasn't enough, Lydias's catch phrase:"I've never seen anything quite like that" did.

There was this time when, because of a really hateful glitch, all the NPCs of Whiterun(the hold, not the city) attacked me. Including the Jarl and even a dog. As I was lowleved I ran for it, all those people chasing me through the... I think it's the best image I've ever seen.

uploadfromtaptalk1435011690983.jpeg
It was something like this but with Mich more people

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chadonraz

He actually did the Trololo song, in a rather... amusing voice. He's added by a mod that I've only recently started using, so I keep finding new stuff. :D

I also started the Dawnguard questline... Dimhollow turned out to be a lot higher level than my level 25 character...

Fortunately I had a Restoration spell that does constant fire damage to nearby enemies while reducing my magicka. This gate can only be opened from the side I'm on, so the Volkihar Master Vampire slowly - took about 20 minutes - died from my "Aura: Grand Blaze" (spell added by one my mods... could be SkyRe, but I honestly don't know). Did have to finish him off with a couple exploding arrows, thanks to the stupid emergency health regen (some) enemies have. :rolleyes:

Had another wtf/lol moment. This one was due to a glitch of sorts.
So I was taking a bit of time off before doing the next quest in the Dawnguard DLC. I had some stuff to sell, and my Conjuration was finally high enough to buy the Dread Zombie spell tome (my Conjuration is at like, 80 something now, and DZ requires atleast 75 I believe) so off to Winterhold I went. One stop shopping and all with the fence inside the college. :p
So once I was done with all that, and on my way out to close out a disturbance left over by the Eye of Magnus (it was close by so I thought I may as well do it since I was there) - a Traveler passes by me while I'm riding Shadowmere. I notice he's wearing a hooded black mage robe though and I look at him for a second then start to move on. Only to hear behind me something along the lines of, "You're dead now!" and the crackle of spells being cast.
I hop off Shadowmere and turn around.. Guess who? Mr. I-Travel-In-A-Hooded-Black-Mage Cloak-Like-It's-Perfectly-Inconspicous. lmao
So between the Winterhold guards, Shadowmere, Serana and I, he's done in pretty quickly.
Apparently he was a vampire of some sort because he summoned a Gargoyle - or maybe that was Serana? I'm not sure. Glitch número uno here - I go back to loot him and he seems to have disappeared. Fell through the ground I'm guessing?
Then when I go back to loot Mr. Traveler, I hear: "Stop in the name of the Jarl!"
Worried I hit a guard by mistake, I go up to the guardsman saying this but no bounty dialogue comes up, just normal guard dialogue. So I move back and then I notice - the guard is staring down at the dead Traveler. He has his weapons drawn and everything. He continues to try and get this dead dude to submit with all the typical dialogue. On top of that, I'd looted the Traveler anyway - so the corpse was obviously, in a loincloth and boots. lol
So imagine a Winterhold guard trying to get a stripped, dead vampire to submit with weapons drawn and everything, and you'll get the mental picture. I waited for him to snap out of it until I ran out of patience - he wasn't stopping, though.
This totally had me cracking me up. I figure maybe this was the guys first vampire attack and he just got so excited he wants to fight him all over again or something. lol
Even stranger still, I went back a bit later to buy back the Dragon Elder Scroll (due to yet another glitch because I had it already but no one at the Fort would take it lmfao), and I found the guardsman - who had apparently had a heart attack after I left from all the excitement, because he had died while I was gone.
Still giggling just thinking about it. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Meandered into Arcwind point at level 68. Fired up Spectral Drum (Dragonborn black book "Untold Legends") which is SO FUN. I have immersive creatures so anything goes. Draman, draugrs, skeleton mages all over the place! Meeko, Stenvar with "Staff of lesser Daedra" firing, and I are in total melee attack with whatever daedra comes out of the staff. Enter Revered Dragon. I took a swing at him with my mace, and to my surprise, instantly went into a kill cam. The kind I don't like, which shows the dragon's back end. I could barely see myself on his head.

During the kill cam, a Draugr Death Overlord JUMPS UP ON THE DRAGON'S TAIL and makes his way up the dragon's back the toward me! The dragon is bucking and writhing so it's hard for him to keep his balance, and all I can do is wait to see if he gets to me before the end of the kill cam. He got close, but I jumped off and regained control right at the last moment, as he was raising his weapon.

Wildroses

I hit level 30 and the Boethiah Cultist decided to run right past me on the road to Windhelm so he could stand on the road bend flexing his muscles and waving his sword around. Considering he normally attacks you yelling: "Finally! A worthy opponent!" I have decided I am insulted by this behaviour.

ciphoenix

There's this one time I got Lydia in trouble with the guards and I think she got arrested because she just stood there not moving till I approached the guard and there was a dialogue to pay her fine. Weirdest part is she did blame me (I forget get exact words) [emoji15].

Now I'm pretty certain this wasn't in a dream and I doubt it was a mod but has anyone experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hershangames

There's this one time I got Lydia in trouble with the guards and I think she got arrested because she just stood there not moving till I approached the guard and there was a dialogue to pay her fine. Weirdest part is she did blame me (I forget get exact words) [emoji15].

Now I'm pretty certain this wasn't in a dream and I doubt it was a mod but has anyone experienced this?

That's highly.......unique. I've never experienced anything remotely similar to what you just described.
Had you had some skooma?

ciphoenix

That's highly.......unique. I've never experienced anything remotely similar to what you just described.
Had you had some skooma?

[emoji16] [emoji16] I have only experienced it that once. I can vaguely remember how it happened but I know she attacked someone I attacked but somehow after I ran and sheathed my weapon, she did the same but just stood there with a guard next to her. There was actually a guard dialogue to pay her fine.

Could it have been the skooma? [emoji33]

Faithless Imperial

Atheist Arch Mage
I know this is a known glitch but, in one of my games a dragon corpse follows me around and it's always really strange. I know it's because I killed a dragon somewhere and didn't capture it's soul but it's still weird every time I fast travel there it is seizuring (seizing?) next to me.

My WTF moment was when i had around 30 guards chasing me because i kept running around in circles for ages, i sheathed my weapon and they all stop, sheath their swords too in /unison/ (The sound of like 30 weapons being sheathed omg) and ALL OF THEM AT ONCE SAID "By the order of the Jarl, stop right there" it sounded as if an entire army was yelling at me i died laughing xD and the best part was, i just cancelled out of the conversation and they all sort of muttered their farewells and wandered off :eek:

Secunda_

The Dragon Knight
So last week after saving the bliss town of Whiterun from not one, not two, but THREE ancient dragons.. A guard walks by me a few moments later and says

"No lollygagging."

BITCH I JUST SAVED YOUR ASS FROM 3 DAMNED DRAGONS

Another funny moment I had was when I decided to finally rid Nirn of the infamous Nazeem. I swear, every time my character had visited Whiterun I'd get an earful from this pompous scrotum of how I am "incapable of visiting the Cloud District," etc. So for 3 days I had my character plot as to how I'd dispose of him. Finally, in broad daylight, I decided to kill him slowly with my drain health dagger until he ceased to be. I then stripped him of everything he had (including his clothing), and dragged his murdered ass to the Cloud District. I then proceeded to revive him as a thrall only to kill him again. The guards approached me and I told them I had a sensual relationship with Mr. Bulgruuf Swag, and was the Thane.. And boom they let me go. Just like that.

Last edited:

DovahRaccoon

Something that I found hilarious was that every time a guard shot at me, he almost always shot me in the knee.
It was almost like they were zombies trying to turn me into one of them because of course the way to turn an adventurer into a guard is by shooting them in the knee.
Fortunately, it never worked, so I have concluded that the guards are all pussies, who can't take an arrow to the knee.

An arrow in the knee means a person getting married. So the guard got married and couldnt go on adventures anymore

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
What is with the God-damned ADHD dragon of Mount Anthor? I swear, every time I go to battle the stupid thing it flies off to attack other things. I end up having to parkour over the entire mountain to chase it down. The latest one, I ended down in the valley over the other side of the mountain. After all that, it glitches on me and I don't get it's soul. :mad::ashstab:

xsneakyxsimx

Something that I found hilarious was that every time a guard shot at me, he almost always shot me in the knee.
It was almost like they were zombies trying to turn me into one of them because of course the way to turn an adventurer into a guard is by shooting them in the knee.
Fortunately, it never worked, so I have concluded that the guards are all pussies, who can't take an arrow to the knee.

An arrow in the knee means a person getting married. So the guard got married and couldnt go on adventures anymore

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It has been said by Bethesda that that is just a myth.

What is with the God-damned ADHD dragon of Mount Anthor? I swear, every time I go to battle the stupid thing it flies off to attack other things. I end up having to parkour over the entire mountain to chase it down. The latest one, I ended down in the valley over the other side of the mountain. After all that, it glitches on me and I don't get it's soul. :mad::ashstab:

If that is where I think it is, there's a path with wolves behind the roost that leads up to another location.

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
With my new character Hot Chick, and having purchased the Hjerim house in Windhelm, I ran into a crazy thing (probably already been talked about).

I moved all of my crap from Whiterun to Hjerim and discovered that about half of my stuff is now listed as Stolen.... even all my Dragon Bones and Scales.

Well, i got my smithing up to 100 so I could make me some cool ass armor, and of course Kharjo would have nothing to do with my stolen stuff. So i pretty much stripped down to my skivvies and threw all my stuff in the barrel by the door so I could carry all my Bones and Scales down to the forge.

Goofy house.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts