• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Last night I met a NPC who said he was off to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks because Ulrik has the right of it. Well that's fine, but he was walking towards Solitude ...... I really should have followed him.

After that I went to reforge the Gauldur amulet and one of the Gauldersons Fus Ro Dah'd me up onto the ledge where the spirits stand behind a force field. No, I couldn't get back through it, nor could I fire anything through it, though the Fire Breath shout worked when they came close enough.

I arrived in Makarth and the usual occurred with Eltris leaving his note. I read it, did some other stuff until night and then went to meet him. When I got there he was dead already and the guards arrested me immediately. Took me until after I'd escaped by killing everyone in the mine with a pickpocketed shiv, got the silverblood ring and then murdered Thonar to remember there was supposed to be more to that storyline...

Ivory

Let's Player
Last night I met a NPC who said he was off to Windhelm to join the Stormcloaks because Ulrik has the right of it. Well that's fine, but he was walking towards Solitude ...... I really should have followed him.

After that I went to reforge the Gauldur amulet and one of the Gauldersons Fus Ro Dah'd me up onto the ledge where the spirits stand behind a force field. No, I couldn't get back through it, nor could I fire anything through it, though the Fire Breath shout worked when they came close enough.

Happened to me once, but I got Fus'd through the gate. I'm just glad it was my arcane archery character.

Chadonraz

Time to dig this up. :D

I saw something rather odd when going through Helgen yet again:

wx3Buzv.jpg

Hadvar the sled. Wonder what happened to him... o_O

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Came home to lakeview manor: hostile bandits on radar.
While Beirand (steward) shouts nordic curses & circles the building, I follow him, but they always seem to be on the other side of the house. Even my storm atronach was confused.
I put it down to a glitch, & head inside for reunion (spent a while on solstheim) to find two marauders in the entrance hall! I kill them, but being stuck in Cqc means I get hurt a lot.
I desperatly run upstairs to find senna (wife) & see Nordic carved armour bandit chief chasing her. But she seems oblivious, so i rush to her aid.
BC see's me & changes target, running forward with a NC greatsword in hand. I'm weak from other bandits so im wetting myself as it is, but then blasted daughter (name escapes me, im a terrible virtual father) asks me mid-charge if i want to play a game.
Quickly back out but still get hit; about 20% health remaining. Yikes!
In blind panic a unrelenting force him into the enchanting tower, then a yelp tells me my wife is in there.
I quickly cast some healing spells & rush in to the enchanting tower to fight my wifes attacker; on opening the door I find him dead at her feet.
Guess what weapon my devout Dibellian priestess of a wife used?
Miraak's staff.
I conclude she took the staff from the nearby weapon rack, so i wait patiently for her to put it back, but she dosent.
Had to buy it back off her for around 2900 septims.
Resolved to lock all daedric artifacts in the basement, away from my 'lovely' family.

Annageckos

I haven't played much in the last few weeks, just taking a break. Yesterday I picked Skyrim back up. I'm working on the main quest line heading towards Kynesgrove. I have Serana with me because I'm also working on Dawnguard. We take a 'shortcut' through the wilderness behind Bonestrewn Crest when we get attacked by a fox. It had the green glow from a spriggan, but there was none to be found. Two more enemies so up on my compass, Serana brings the fox back to 'help' when the other enemies come into view... A goat and a fox, yup. Kill them, well Serana flings them to Windhelm with her ice spell, and continue on to find a dead spriggan. I turned back around to see a troll standing over me, doing nothing. Not aggressive, nothing. But out of habit, and maybe a little fear, I use my shout which happen to be unrelenting force. Opps. Sorry friendly troll. We make it to Kynesgrove when out of thin air two Stormcloak soilders appear, and die... Oh how I've missed Skyrim.

Wildroses

Guess what weapon my devout Dibellian priestess of a wife used?
Miraak's staff.
I conclude she took the staff from the nearby weapon rack, so i wait patiently for her to put it back, but she dosent.
Had to buy it back off her for around 2900 septims.
Resolved to lock all daedric artifacts in the basement, away from my 'lovely' family.

Bandits invading your house can be fun. I once walked inside right as a bandit chief was talking to me, so he ended up inside with me and started chasing Blaise. The character in question was an illusion mage, so one fear spell later he was cowering in the corner while the family dog, my husband, the housecarl and the steward tore him to pieces. NOBODY messes with Blaise and lives. I just let them do it as I felt any attempts to help would just hit someone else.

And about the daedric artifacts in the basement, make sure you never summon a dremora via the spell or the staff in the basement because they will do that too. The first episode of the Hearthfire walkthrough the Skyrim for Pimps guys did had a dremora run over to the weapon plaque, take the Skull of Corruption off to fight the skeever infestation, then vanish back into Oblivion with it.

Annageckos

Had another moment. A non hostel vampire, at 10am. I was just coming into Darkwater Crossing when someone runs past me, I turn to see who it is and and guard says "Is everything alright?". I run after the person and when I get close enough I see she's a vampire. She doesn't attack, just keeps running. I had other things to do or I would have followed her and see what she was up to.

gakerty

On my balcony in Breezehome (mod: Elianora's Flavour on Nexus) there was a cow on my balcony, just chilling there. Eola even has a WTF look on her face:
2014-04-02_00001.jpg

I'm doing "a night to remember" - I'm sure I've completed it before, but, as a quest, it's not the most enjoyable. Made even more bizarre when I'm sent to speak to Ysolda in Whiterun. Except, Ysolda is not in Whiterun, she's at Lakeview Manor.

Then she starts going on about a wedding ring and a fiancee, seemingly not bothered that I'm already married to her. She's apparently the most forgiving wife ever.

Tyer032392

Yeah, I would like to know how the guards seem to know about something going on when I am the only one in that particular area at the time. For example, Under Saarthal, the guards always know I've been there even though there is literally no guards in the area.

I also want to know why all the guards I talk to think they are better than me, or equal to skill and could of "Gone into that sanctuary and killed all the Dark Brotherhood members myself, but was to tired that day".

I also want to know why Bethesda made a load screen info about bears being peaceful, but every time I come across a bear, they go ape and try and attack me the moment they get.

Chadonraz

I loaded a save game outside Left Hand Mine, and THREE dragon corpses (Vuljotnaak, a Frost Dragon and a Blackwing Dragon) fell from the sky. They're my personal stalker dragons, but that was the first time more than one of them showed up at a time. o_O

I have pics, so it did happen. :p

Hideous, texture-lacking dragons:

qahCd4S.jpg

All is well:

CbFOIzw.jpg

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Yikes!

There's a mod that will forever banish that hideous LoD dragon model from the game. Also, I'm pretty sure there's one that puts an end to dragon-corpse stalkers. Funny as they are, having them fall out of the sky and land belly up like a great dead parakeet breaks all kinds of immersion.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Yikes!

There's a mod that will forever banish that hideous LoD dragon model from the game. Also, I'm pretty sure there's one that puts an end to dragon-corpse stalkers. Funny as they are, having them fall out of the sky and land belly up like a great dead parakeet breaks all kinds of immersion.
Unless, of course, it's part of your particular immersion.

Skyrimosity

This one is actually "normal", I would guess. It's more "strange thing that's not actually a bug". I went into Illinalta's deep to get Azura's Star. I see a dead fisherman. I search the knapsack right below him and read his journal. He says "If I can't find steady fish, I don't think we'll make it through winter."

Then I resume searching the knapsack, and there is a Gold Diamond Necklace. So, apparently, the fisherman was willing to go into waters that he had been told were haunted and had been told many stories about disappearances before he sold his Gold Diamond Necklace to keep his family alive. Yea, good priorities there dude.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
This one is actually "normal", I would guess. It's more "strange thing that's not actually a bug". I went into Illinalta's deep to get Azura's Star. I see a dead fisherman. I search the knapsack right below him and read his journal. He says "If I can't find steady fish, I don't think we'll make it through winter."

Then I resume searching the knapsack, and there is a Gold Diamond Necklace. So, apparently, the fisherman was willing to go into waters that he had been told were haunted and had been told many stories about disappearances before he sold his Gold Diamond Necklace to keep his family alive. Yea, good priorities there dude.

It had to be one heck of a family heirloom, or some cursed item that caused him to go insane.

Chadonraz

Yikes!

I know about the dragon stalking fix, but didn't bother installing it, as I actually find stalker dragons pretty amusing. :)
In addition to those Skyrim stalkers (there's a fourth one, a Wyvern, as well), Larry the Legendary Dragon started stalking me on Solstheim. :D

I also know that a fix will be included in version 11 of Dragon Combat Overhaul, so I'll get it eventually, anyway.

Tyer032392

What I had unfortuantly found walking into Whiterun. Two master Vamp's, their thralls and a warhound, with the two cultists all at the same time.

Attachments

• Skyrim pic.jpg
    Skyrim pic.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 34

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts