• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lacewing

My wow moments are usually related to spectacular scenery. Entering Blackreach for the first time, Sovngarde, Shadowgreen Cavern...

But I recently had a negative wow moment. On one of my Legendary characters I was really struggling to take down a bandit chief, even with a follower and two atronachs who refused to aggro him off of me. All but one of my potions were gone, I didn't have enough magicka to heal myself, I couldn't sprint away (no stamina) and the chief just would not let up on his assault. We were both about 1-2 hits away from death when I chugged a potion to buy me a little more time, only to see him immediately after lift his axe in a killmove and bring it down on my poor character's noggin. The very instant the blow landed my game crashed to desktop. :oops:

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
Saw my first same sex couple in Skyrim. I had heard there was some, and that you can marry a woman as a woman but I had never tried. In Iverstead there is a little girl who has two mothers. One moms name starts with a T and the other mother is a Argonian. I hadn't seen this, others may have, I found it cool.

lucid-dreaming

my first wow, or rather, wtf moment was when out of nowhere while my dragonborn was strolling on the road to whiterun, 2 mammoths fell from the sky just a few feet away. gotta love those glitches.

lizardisok

My wow moments are usually related to spectacular scenery. Entering Blackreach for the first time, Sovngarde, Shadowgreen Cavern...

But I recently had a negative wow moment. On one of my Legendary characters I was really struggling to take down a bandit chief, even with a follower and two atronachs who refused to aggro him off of me. All but one of my potions were gone, I didn't have enough magicka to heal myself, I couldn't sprint away (no stamina) and the chief just would not let up on his assault. We were both about 1-2 hits away from death when I chugged a potion to buy me a little more time, only to see him immediately after lift his axe in a killmove and bring it down on my poor character's noggin. The very instant the blow landed my game crashed to desktop. :oops:

I like Blackreach too! I am finding either people like it or they don't! I never beat the A Return To Your Roots quest, so in a way, I don't like it as well. :rolleyes:

That totally sucks about your challenge with the bandit chief. I mean seriously, you had 4 on 1, and just couldn't catch a break! Just one question, what was the potion you chugged? Sad story &-|

Lacewing

That totally sucks about your challenge with the bandit chief. I mean seriously, you had 4 on 1, and just couldn't catch a break! Just one question, what was the potion you chugged? Sad story &-|
It was a potion of minor healing, a measly 25 points of health. xD I wasn't expecting it to do much for me but I was desperate D:

N1TR0US 0X1DE01

I've stolen your Sweetroll
I am the happiest Skyrim player ever. Was playing a black book retrieval quest and found a pile of the same books. Decided to mess around and useFUS RO DAH on the pile and it revealed a spell tome. Not your average run of the mill court wizard bog standard spell tome. It was telekinesis. This probably doesnt sound like much to you but I have been having a LOT of fun throwing cabbages at Alvor the Blacksmith in Riverwood

Samu Zadori

I remember entering Blackreach for the first time as well, it was truly spectacular. I was a little disappointed about not meeting a hidden colony of Dwarves though.

Another incredible moment was when I was walking down the streets of Solitude, only to see a huge shadow on the ground... Having fought hundreds of dragons by that point, I got out my two-handed fireball spell, ready for action.... only to realize that it was actually the shadow of an eagle! It was that moment I realized how much the game got to me.

hershangames

My wow moment was when, after passing through a town completely killed by vampires, I entered Solitude for the first time.
The streets, the giant inns that look better than my breezehome, a clothes shop, a perfumes shop!!...
I felt like in Disney all over again

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
[Edit] I think the moment I entered the soul cairn was more "wow". Also the first moment a giant rocked jumped me to space.

Last edited:
My "omg" moment was when I was at the last step of getting the gaulder amulet i was fighting the second brother when he teleported away made decoys and then thu'umed which in turn because i was next to a book case sent my ragdoll flying behind the book case and when i got up i was stuck, so i had to load my last save which was at the begining of the dungeon and so i had to re-run all of the dungeon againXD

Amazing stories guys!

I think my 'wow' moment was when i decided to take a long walk away from Solitude to look at the scenery which i never really had the time to do with the MILLIONS of quests i have. So I'm walking and it was a pretty clear night, and then i looked up and saw the northern lights? Is that what you call them? They were so beautiful.... I even trekked higher up a mountain just to get a closer look. Even the soft music in the background started playing it felt magical <3
3a0258ec6373c35f592eef24e8f1b931.4b4fe1080dff080abfa9ad9643269ac8.jpeg

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
One of my wow moments would be when I climbed the mountains between Throat of the World and Falkreath Hold and the scenery was absolutely stunning. Then it was ruined by a Vampire attacking me :/. She deserved the death she got, though.

adge05

I still get amazed at discovering hidden secrets or even entire lines or dialogue and mini quests after nearly 4 years of playing the game.

Today I found there is a chest hidden in Bleak Falls, it's just prior to the Frostbite Spider chamber, it is hidden behind layers of webs near a skeleton!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I had the most epic dragon fight in Riverwood. An Elder dragon attacks and because I have the mod "Enhanced cities" there are a lot more trees around, making it harder to get off s clean shot. Anyway the guards and I finally get the dragon down to low health and it tries to land on the island where the lumber mill is. But instead it lands in the trees and when it dies it falls out of the trees. It was so awesome and very immersive.

hershangames

I too, had a similar one with dragons. I have the "fire&ice overhaul", which makes fire almost everlasting and spreadable. So when I was fighting a fire dragon in this little village with a lumber mill, west of windmhel, the dragon started to throw fore at me, which hit the tavern behind me and set it on fire, fire which proceeded to spread it to the next building and set it on fire, and son until the whole village was on fire, including the floor!

All NPCs died, just like me.
Alduin 2 Dragonborn -1

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

Vauldis

OK so I had that warzone mod installed and when I decided to go hunting for leather ( to make some black vial holders) I got into a fight with a giant. No problem I'll just run awa-then a dragon shows up. Okay still not a prob-then a group of stormcloaks fighting imperials show up. Awa-then some bandits show up so e dawnguard try to kill me. What the hell skyrim? I just wanted some leather!

kahuld

Okay so I was playing a role play character on Master (back then there was no legendary). I was going for a straight up assassin/thief type player. I was probably level 10ish and had all my perks on either one handed and archery, and no points went towards health.

Well the small cave in the cliff by whiterun had a couple bandits in it. I wanted to have a little fun, I snuck behind a bookshelf. Took out the first three.

Then the others came... I wasn't prepared... they had a damn fire mage that was messing me up along with a bandit that just destroyed me in one or two hits. So I high tailed it.

Just when I finally out ran the dudes in the flat lands near by it was pitch black (I play with lowest possible brightness). All of a sudden boom. I'm hit by a random freaking bandit cheaf, then another. Some how I ran into TWO roaming bandit chiefs (WTF!)

After I swear 45 minuets of "run around hit in back repeat" strategy I adopted, I had ran out of health potions, have horrible restoration, I've had 1 chief dead. Another almost dead, however so am I...

So... I bail. THEN I hear a load roar and turn around... I SEE A bloody Saber Tooth tiger take out the chief... so again... I keep running... until a dragon attacked...

After that night I put the controller down and never played as that character again..

This isn't made up no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

P.s still wasn't as hard as the generic first time player hiking up to High Hrothgar at level 5... Damn frost trolls...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts