• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Everything about my first plathrough was epic. I haven't been as wowed by a video game in a long, long time. Now that I've gotten used to it and am a bit more jaded, it's much more difficult to be wowed.

Most recently, however, I dueled with a Giant at level 1 just to prove I could. I did it with a sword for the most part too, this was no "Snipe from safe place" fight. I got down there and danced with him. There was one point in the fight where I was sprinting away from him, only to run up on a sleeping saber cat. It immediately pounced at me, and I sidestepped in time to dodge it as the Giant's club smashed its face. Twas' quite epic.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Bards leap @ summit is pretty...Whoa did I just survive that?

I also get the odd moment when your just riding around, and a random event will occur.

Yesterday I met 4 Forsworn teaming with 1 Vigilant of Stendarr to take down 2 Orc Hunters which was neat.

Then I killed them all! Hahahahaha!

"No one messes with an Orc!"

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I have three that have stood out to me:
Had just finished clearing Fort Greenwall with the Imperials and was riding to Solitude when I passed through Shor's Stone and these Stormcloak soldiers attacked me. I started hacking at them with my axe from horseback and had downed two or three, when behind me a company of Imperial soldiers show up, finish off the rest of the Stormcloaks and occupy the village. Cool, especially if it was random and unscripted?
I arrive at Riften and am standing by the horsecart ready to catch a ride to Falkreath when I get the message: Can't use while in combat. What? I'm not in combat. Look around and there is seven red dots approaching Riften from the woods. Seven? What or who is attacking? I suit up and go to face the oncoming attackers. It's a bandit raid! I run head on into a Bandit Leader, a Bandit Chief and three or four Bandit Plunderers and Thugs. Holy Crap! I kill them all with the help of some health potions and my brand new Falmer Hardened armor which looks really cool by the way, loot the corpses and continue on my way.
Am in Riften on way to the Thieves Guild when I hear a commotion and see a guard running. Probably another thief or vampire I think and get closer for a better look. It turns out be an Imperial soldier attacking a Riften guard. What? The Imperial soldier wins and walks away and one of the NPC's wanders by and mutters, "What a waste." I had done the Riften civil war mission earlier but this was just a weird, random fight.

Skyrim, you never cease to amaze!

Had just finished clearing Fort Greenwall with the Imperials and was riding to Solitude when I passed through Shor's Stone and these Stormcloak soldiers attacked me. I started hacking at them with my axe from horseback and had downed two or three, when behind me a company of Imperial soldiers show up, finish off the rest of the Stormcloaks and occupy the village. Cool, especially if it was random and unscripted?
I arrive at Riften and am standing by the horsecart ready to catch a ride to Falkreath when I get the message: Can't use while in combat. What? I'm not in combat. Look around and there is seven red dots approaching Riften from the woods. Seven? What or who is attacking? I suit up and go to face the oncoming attackers. It's a bandit raid! I run head on into a Bandit Leader, a Bandit Chief and three or four Bandit Plunderers and Thugs. Holy Crap! I kill them all with the help of some health potions and my brand new Falmer Hardened armor which looks really cool by the way, loot the corpses and continue on my way.
Am in Riften on way to the Thieves Guild when I hear a commotion and see a guard running. Probably another thief or vampire I think and get closer for a better look. It turns out be an Imperial soldier attacking a Riften guard. What? The Imperial soldier wins and walks away and one of the NPC's wanders by and mutters, "What a waste." I had done the Riften civil war mission earlier but this was just a weird, random fight.

I actually had something similar happen to me once. My main character had just finished the Season Unending quest and went back to Riften to sell some things to the local fence. Well upon entering Riften all hell broke lose - Imperials who seemed to appear out of nowhere and the Stormcloaks were fighting eachother. By the time I figured out what was going on it was over with. Apparently it's a common outcome of doing Season Unending, but I didn't know that at the time, and even stranger was the fact it only happened in Riften. Go figure!
I can't say I've ever had a bandit attack though. Do you use mods? Cause if not and you're on console like me, I'd love to have that happen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildroses

I thought I was past being impressed by cinematic kills, but one surprised me yesterday. I was in Apocrypha with my flame atronauch and my bow fighting a distant Seeker. Final arrow I get a look at myself shooting, and then my flame atronauch explodes. I was suddenly surrounded by fire as I shot the final arrow. It looked amazing.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I thought I was past being impressed by cinematic kills, but one surprised me yesterday. I was in Apocrypha with my flame atronauch and my bow fighting a distant Seeker. Final arrow I get a look at myself shooting, and then my flame atronauch explodes. I was suddenly surrounded by fire as I shot the final arrow. It looked amazing.

Ah would've been good if u captured that on camera or a screeny?

Wildroses

Alas no. I have no camera, and I was so busy thinking: "Oh wow, that looks AMAZING!" that it slipped my mind to screenshot it.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Lol I use my phone but can't capture the kill cam ones cause u cant exactly pause a moving animation, plus the quest screen screws it up.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Ohhh yeah didn't think about that menu! Good call.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer

I actually had something similar happen to me once. My main character had just finished the Season Unending quest and went back to Riften to sell some things to the local fence. Well upon entering Riften all hell broke lose - Imperials who seemed to appear out of nowhere and the Stormcloaks were fighting eachother. By the time I figured out what was going on it was over with. Apparently it's a common outcome of doing Season Unending, but I didn't know that at the time, and even stranger was the fact it only happened in Riften. Go figure!
I can't say I've ever had a bandit attack though. Do you use mods? Cause if not and you're on console like me, I'd love to have that happen lol.

No mods, console user like you :-)

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Kind of like the Robin Hood Prince of Thieves screen shot, you know the one...I hope. http://d1h1icg9nkzvny.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rhpot1.jpg

Wildroses

Apart from the fact the camera was from behind the shooter (the better to see the arrow's flight and the target) that is EXACTLY what it looked like. Except my character was a female elf with long dark hair in orange robes instead of a male human in leather.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Something completely new for me.

As I was heading over to do my usual Anise murder scheme, I ran across the body of the poor Breton lady that had the "family heirloom" stolen from her and she was all by herself in the clearing. I looked around for the bandits I knew must be there as they always are in this encounter and, as I am a mage, I need to be careful at this point (level 19) as I know at least one of them is going to be a bandit thug and take some work to get rid of. They were nowhere to be found! It was then that I heard, in the distance, the sounds of combat and then a female scream. I noticed one of the bandits way off near the rocks by Anise's cabin lurking about. Of course, being the idiot that I am, I gave chase and eventually ran in to the Thug. Between my antronach and my fire bolts, I was able to eventually bring him down and retrieve both an amulet of poison protection (50%) and his ax with a lightning enchantment, but was sad to see that the other bandit and Anise had managed to kill each other. Of course I raised all three from the dead and destroyed them while using Stone Flesh so I was able to up my conjuration, destruction and alteration, but it was still disappointing.

I am wondering though, since I still proceeded to loot her cabin of some items, break in to her basement and use her enchanting table to disenchant a bunch of stuff I've been saving, if I am going to have thugs after me this time. After all - I didn't kill her Moira. She was already dead when I stole from her.

This was a first for me. I didn't even know that this could happen with Anise and I've been playing this game for almost 5K hours now!

Wildroses

I got a flashback to my first playthrough reading this. The first time I came across Anise's cabin she was dead. Nothing was nearby, so I just assumed Anise was meant to be dead and walked off. I got a real shock my second playthrough when she told me she was just a poor old woman and I shouldn't bother with her.

Speaking of cinematic kills, I got a new twist on the one where you hop on the dragons head as you're killing it. First though, lemme give some background.
I had just reset my DLCs and decided that before I got started on the DLC content in earnest, I should tie up some loose ends from a few non-DLC quests and also get the DLC quests in my journal. So after getting the DLC quests in my journal and doing a few sidequests in Solitude, I decide to check Ragnvald and see if it had un-bugged itself yet (can't get Otar's tomb open which is preventing me from doing the Alteration Spell Quest if you're wondering). It hadn't, but I did encounter a dragon outside Ragnvald itself. Unfortunately it ran off, but this gave me a wild urge to go find a dragon and fight it. I just so happened to have one of those Letter from a Friend quests at Dragontooth Crater so I decided to go.
Once I arrived, I snuck up on the dragon from the mountainside and summoned a Dremora Lord after hitting it with Dragonrend, hoping to make it stay where it was and that the DL would keep it busy while I figured out how to get down. Well Dragonrend missed and I summoned the DL, but in the wrong place, so the dragon - it was an Elder Dragon by the way - took flight. Luckily my DL did draw it's fire but after the fifth time of missing the dragon with Dragonrend I gave up and fired arrows at it as it flew, a few of which hit their mark. One good thing about playing a Bosmer lol.
Well finally it hovered above me and I was able to hit it with Dragonrend. While it flew around and found a spot to land, I re-summoned the Dremora Lord as the dragon was nowhere near weak enough for me to approach it head-on yet. Once it landed while the DL drew its fire I pelted it with arrows, dodging the one time the dragon used it's breath on me into the tower, then pelting it with arrows again. This happened about twice more, then finally it was weak enough for me to approach it with Dragonbane. So I did, hoping for a kill cam - a lot of times it doesn't happen - but this time it did and it was slightly different, I think.
This time my character jumped on its head and hit it with Dragonbane, but the controller vibrated which it doesn't normally do, and the dragon seemed to be fighting much harder this time. The dragon thrashed this way and that and my character seemed hardly able to hang on and hit the dragon at the same time. It took a good 5 minutes of my character alternating between hanging on to her place on his head and hitting the dragon with Dragonbane. Not a huge difference but it made for a much cooler kill cam when the dragon finally gave up the ghost and died. Even cooler when my character hopped off and absorbed the dragons soul side by side with a Dremora Lord. lol
So that was a definite wow moment for me. :)

SPH1

First play was to level 43. Decided to start again focusing on mounted combat. Now at level 18 as Stormcloak cavalry.

Best wow moment. Recently passing by an Imerial camp and decided what the heck. Charged into the camp, drawing the Imperial infantry out into the open. Killed them all from horseback (common Whiterun stable horse, with me entire time), half dozen or so including their blacksmith. While looting bodies the legate came out and I fought him as dismounted cavalry. Couldn't kill him (guess he was still critical to game) so mounted-up, rode back into camp and quickly looted their chest. Rode off with legate chasing me, shooting arrows and shouting. Felt like a real cavalry raid. Pretty cool.

Second wow moment. Also recent. In cave on quest pertaining to the Alikir woman warriors were searching for. Decided to take them out. Was outnumbered by at least a half-dozen, so used tactic. Narrow path where they could only reach me one at a time. Choke point. Like the battle of Thermopylae.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts