• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

gamersupreme1

My biggest wow moment was joining the DB. Amazing... I have Never played a game I became so immersed in. On a funny note I was headed to Windhelm when a bear blocked my path. So I shot it and ran to lure it back toward the guard for some help. All of the sudden a dragon attacked as a Fugitive tried to hand me a weapon And a Hunter tried to speak with me, and two Wolves attacked as the bear caught up. So all the sudden I had a Bear, a Dragon, Two Wolves, a Hunter and a Fugitive all tryng to get at me at the same moment!

gamersupreme1

Another funny one was watching Feandal get smashed into the ground by a Giant's club and go FLYING up in the air like a rocket. Moments later he returned to the fight! Man that guy is Tough!

brandon

my favorite wow is funny as hell to me cause it happened to my wife and not me.(too bad cause id be swimming in dragon souls) but anyway it didnt matter where she went by fast travel a dragon would always be there and proceed to kick the pl*ps out of her. she go in a house or cave come out no dragon fast travel again samething. this went one for like twenty min it was so funny she got so mad i thought she was gonna throw the xbox and beat me up for laughing.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in Riverwood, was amazing. Unlike the others I've seen in this thread mine were orange lights and not the blue/green.

zeva

Meanwhile in Skyrim...
One of my most memorable moments so far was when I was on my trek to Winterhold to hone some magic. I found myself being chased by a Yeti up a mountain, near the Shrine of Azura, when it leveled off. As soon as it leveled, I dismounted my horse and used Unrelenting Force, which blasted the beast off the edge, falling almost out of sight to the rocks below. The weather in combination with the terrain in HD made me feel more immersed than ever. Truly a great production.

Garrison

Only just started, but it's the little attention to details that really make me smile...

- Went to cross a fast flowing river, stopped swimming and... let the current carry me downstream!
- Walking through the mountains and it started to snow. As I climbed higher, the intensity increased to the point where visibility was seriously impaired!
- Noticing a waterfall where the streams were split in two by an overhanging rock at the top... and the manner in which it cascaded was different for each stream (ie. less water going over one side, one side appeared to fall faster).
- The elegance and mannerisms in which the abundant non-hostile wildlife responds. Remember Oblivion and the bionic bouncing deer?

My first (and far from last) "Don't get Cocky" moment:

Wandering back to Whiterun (at about level 7), I was mesmerized by the small herd of mammoths that slowly came into view as I approached. An accomplished and unparalleled death-dealer at this point, I confidently strode up to the first beast, drew my sword... and was b***h-slapped into next week, one shot, done deal, re-load!

My first (and far from last) "D'Oh!" moment:

As I continued from the intro-quest and marched happily towards Riverwood, jumping like an idiot jackrabbit the entire way. It was about an hour into the game before I realized, "hey! there is no athletics/acrobatics!"

Best. Game. Ever.

Noodlerabbit88

So far the thing that took me completly by surprise was how perceptive the villagers are. I decided before I went to bed to do a rampage of the town with my werewolf (which was totally epic since you can pick people up and throw them as well as tear violently at their face!)... anyway when I woke up the next day I decided to rearrange all the dead bodies, I put them all on the well and they became a big pile of corpses. As I was putting the final touch on my piece of art, this villager looked straight at me and said "Put that down!" Completely by surprise and was laughing so hard. This game is amazing.

Dragonborn001

You guy's joined the dark botherhood? So far i've had a number of Dark Brotherhood Assassins track me down and try to kill me. Each time i found a letter on their bodies from the DB instructing them to kill me and that failure was not an option.

My first wow moment was when i was crossing a vast field a little past the grey beards mountain. When a dragon attacked, I began fighting and was just barely holding my own when a Giant shows up and starts helping me, bashing the dragon over the head with its club. Thanks to his help we defeated the dragon and i absorbed his soul. The Giant just stood their staring at me in awe.

Later while passing a giant it gave chase. I was running and trying to hide behind some rocks..when Nord or Redguard shows up and says something along the lines of "Here, take this....." He then gets his throat torn out by some wolves and a wolf about to attack me gets smashed into the ground...I didn't wait around to see if the giant would accept a thank you.

I got married to a the Nord from Whiterun. Rather than walk back home to Whiterun slowly with her, I recruiter her to follow me and fast travelled back, brought her home then told her to stop following me. She said she'd be at home if i needed her, and then went back to the tavern i originally met her at, acting as if we were married but that was her home.....

Touchstone

As I continued from the intro-quest and marched happily towards Riverwood, jumping like an idiot jackrabbit the entire way. It was about an hour into the game before I realized, "hey! there is no athletics/acrobatics!"

Best. Game. Ever.

I do this too! I know there's no athletics, and I still do it!

My best moment is when i stole all of the stuff in Arcadia's Cauldron at night
few days later some thugs came to me when i got out of a dungeon, they attacked me, i killed them, they had a note, it was a assassins contract to me from Arcadia

Andrew Wiseman

Well I think I've had two "Wow Moments" so far.

My first one happened on the first day of my playing. I was on some Misc. Quest and I was walking around this huge mountain trying to find a way to scale it. I hit the spell button and I guess it scared the Giant at the nearby mammoth camp. I turn around just in time to see his club slam into my head. I was like WHOALY pl***!!

And my second one was just spectacular to me.
I had just walked out of the College of Winterhold, about to venture on a quest from the arch-mage. I walk out and see this huge dragon perched atop the courtyard in the college!! It blew me with some fire breath and I said screw that! I stepped into the college, waited an hour to get my health back. When I came back out to try and best my foe all my classmates that had been initated into the mages guild with me were throwing fire, frost, and spark spells at it! Staying back, as it hit 50% health bar it hit the ground next to the statue! The skeleton is still there today!!

I genuinely under-estimated how random the dragon encounters were and I had just told my friend the day before that I doubted it would ever happen in a city and there the skeleton lies! Right beside the statue in The College of Winterhold..... Wow.

Ypa

I've had so many and I know I haven't even scratched the surface. I've got a couple characters going. One ranger-esque archetype Wood Elf around lvl 25, and one Mage type High Elf character around lvl 20.

- The College of Winterhold quest chain on my mage was pretty ridiculous. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that the reward (and I don't mean the loot) was beyond anything I could've expected.

- I rode out to Fort Greymoor to try and level my sneaking a bit. I dismount from my horse far enough away that I can't see any bandits. I get up to the wall and am sneaking about, making some noise and going undetected and gaining sneaking pretty well. Suddenly I hear the bandits engage someone and start fighting. Not being a single-player gamer much, my first instinct is that someone (another player, lol) has come to clear the camp. I walk around the wall to the entrance and when I get inside, imagine my surprise to see my horse standing there over like 4 dead bodies.

- Without spoilers, after getting far enough into the Companions quest chain to receive their "gift", I encountered a dragon and used said gift once I got him to land. Epic battle for sure.

- The trek to High Hrothgar was pretty incredible. The view from the Throat of the World was amazing.

Having never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games, I really had no idea what to expect. Furthermore, not being much of a singleplayer gamer, I really wasn't interested in Skyrim at all until a friend offered me a spare copy he had for free. I'll say now that I actually plan on purchasing the game via steam and have no qualms whatsoever about forking over the money. Without being anywhere near halfway through the game, it's already worth $60.

Matthew King

XtheMATTx
I was going about my own buisiness in Whitrun, making my daily trip to the blacksmith. When all of the sudden this guy came up to me asking for money, i said no. But he kept asking me and bothering me. finally i punched him and he ran away. Then all of a sudden this guy comes out of nowhere and smacks the beggar in the face with an axe, then walks away. This started a riot in the town, guards attacking the people and people attacking children, (children are invincible by the way) after about 5 minutes of me standing there like WTF just happend. everyone was dead. then i see the man that killed the beggar chasing after the children with his axe yelling "get back here!" I could not stop laughing. THEN after everyone was dead but the guy and the kid, a dragon came and ate the guy and flew away. I just sat there and was like wtf...

Silhouette

Dragon attacked Riften (been playing over 60 hours of skyrim so far and this had never happened), killed 2 beggers, a guard and the blacksmith. I wondered what i would do without a blacksmith because i love pawning off any unwanted weapons to him.

I walked past the blacksmith the next day and there was a replacement! he even talked about how the old blacksmith raised him and how his death was horrible and he thought he could never do as good a job as the old blacksmith!

Blew me away!

Swedestanlogical

Premium Member
OK - Another WOW mement just now - Taking Lydia along as my "Pack-mule" since she is sworn to carry my burdens :-) Loaded her up with "Stuff" one being a mages staff to sell later on. Went into another Cave, was sneaking in when a skeleton started to attack.. raised my sword then BAM!!! a lightening bolt took out the bag of bones... looked over my shoulder and Lydia was dual-wielding a sword and the Staff... I swear she had a cat's smile on her face from my surprise...

Ai-T

Some panoramas from places that made me stop in my tracks...

(BIG files, 2+MBs, up to 6000 pixels x 2000 pixels or more)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This game is just G-orgeous. :)

Lord_Wartusk

Mine would have to be when I was fleeing a dragon through a forest. I came up to a giant camp, and ran between two of them. As I flipped around they were in the middle of an epic fight with the dragon. I LOVE Skyrim.

Kenntra

The game is awsome and like everyone else you just seem to get lost. But I do have a wow moment. While taking the long road to see the greybeards I came across a lone tower. Snow was falling lightly and I thought as I went into the tower that it was just going to be a derelict tower with alot of nothing. I get to the top and walk out in stealth mode and there is a sleeping dragon. lol At first I thought it was a statue but then you could see it breathing! I could only just stand there at first. It was a wow! moment.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts