• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Prior to Skyrim the last console RPG game I played was the old PS2 DND games. So being new to the World of Tamriel I was amazed about how immersive the graphics were and the first person perspective. After Helgen I believe I spent at least an hour just wandering around the forest looking at everything.

What really blew my mind was when I killed 2 bandits on my way to Riverwood. I realized I could drag their bodies so being immersed in the game I though "Huh, better not leave these bodies in the middle of the road so I dragged them off the road. Then I was like I'll dispose of the bodies in the river; Dexter style". So I dragged the first body to the river thinking it'll just sink to the bottom, but no it floated!!!! and followed the current of the river right down into the town of Riverwood where it fetched up on a bridge support....****major facepalm**** but I was like WOW that was awesome.

Kasha

I was chasing a deer in the forest at night near HALLDIR'S CAIRN (Hope I spelled it right), when I stopped short...GASP!...I spotted the Aurora Borealis and it's beautiful glowing effects in my periphery and had to take in the full view. As beautiful as the published pics of the Aurora were, they did it no justice after seeing its effects on my eyes and the surrounding area, trees, and snow-capped mountains. I Just turned off the music and stared at the sky for about an hr. as I meditated. This was the very first time I meditated in a game like this. It's moments like this, and there have been plenty in this early Dark-Elf's life, that make Skyrim THE BEST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY GAMING LIFE. BAR NONE. And I've been an avid gamer since I discovered SPACE INVADERS(I know showing my age here). BETHESDA, you have made addicted slaves out of us and no rehab is need.

311026_10150488768434305_521754304_10556419_495641294_n.jpg

They are beautiful!

3pic3raser

My wow moment was when I took down my first dragon in the game, and when I entered Skyrim for the first time. Reminded me of entering the wasteland in Fallout 3.

Touchstone

Probably the best 'wow' moment for me wasn't THAT big as im not very far into it. Anyway All i have to say is... The introduction to the brotherhood. absolutely amazing it wasn't a big jaw-dropping moment like other peoples 'wow' moments it was just the thrill of it (WARNING SPOILER: to people that are wondering what i mean when I woke up and was in the shack and had to pick the contract) something about that moment just gave me chills down my spine.

Yes it does. And those chills made me so excited I got up and danced the whole time she was talking. A'course, I was seriously looking forward to meeting the DB.

Touchstone

A guy at an Inn in Whiterun challenged me to a drinking contest. Being a lover of ale I accepted. Next thing I know I pass out and wake up in Markarath on the other side of the friggin map with no memory of how I got there next to a ticked off priestess in a temple.
Really? Oh my goodness! HA!

Vrtig0

Too many "WoW" moments to list, but I maybe have loved my "LoL" moments more for their scarcity.

1. The entirety of Sanguine's quest for his Rose.
2. Sneaking up on a bandit raider at the end of a dungeon while he's sitting down at a meal. He starts singing in a very sing-song voice:

"Kill HIM - If he talks to me like that again
Kill HIM - While he's sleeping"

So damn funny.

Oh, most notable "WoW" moment I couldn't really enjoy at the time:

Exploring the very north where it breaks into islands and the water gets slushy. Looking down down DOWN into the deep water at my first ship wreck discovery. I'm not playing an Argonian and had only 2 water breathing potions so couldn't risk getting all the way down there and running out. Will be going back soon though.

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
I'm back after my long absense. I was off playing Skyrim! Wow moments huh? There were quite a lot for me!

- The way everything flows. As soon as I gained control over my character, I was amazed at how the game flowed.
- NPC's noticing when you're sick
- After I joined the Dark Brotherhood, there was a guard who said "Psst! I know who you are... hail Sithis!"
- The amazing shadow effects
- SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the one quest for the Dark Brotherhood where you get to kill and become The Gourmet, I walked up to the man guarding the door to the castle while wearing a chef's tunic and chef's hat and told him I was The Gourmet. He responded by "Oh! Of course! The clothes should've given it away!" I love how he noticed I was wearing chef attire!
- Northern lights. Especially the orange ones. They make it look like the night sky is on fire.
- My house in Riften. It was a bitch to get because I couldn't figure out how to get it, but once I did, I hopped right on it and got all the furnishings. I am quite happy with it!

Cave

Yes it does. And those chills made me so excited I got up and danced the whole time she was talking. A'course, I was seriously looking forward to meeting the DB.
haha yeh, i dont think i was that excited? :) but so far im really loving the contracts, there really creative and complex

Aylan

Aylan, High Elf Wizard
Ive only done the golden claw quest so far..but that whole quest was "wow" to me..this game is amazing.

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us?

When I discovered you could sprint. I know, it sounds stupid but it's true.

Melee combat too, when I got used to it. Soooo much better than the rest of the TES games.

And yeah, I guess the giants too.

Ryan Veatch

Putting 20 arrows into a dragon at level ~15, and doing only half its health, but then a giant goes and one shots it xD

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Most recent wow moment; realizing that 50 is NOT the level cap, and that we can level until all our skills are at 100, and get perks for EVERY level up, not just til 50! HUZZAH! (And if anyone was as clueless as I was, the rough level cap with all skills at 100 is approximately 78 to 81, the variation coming from skills giving different amounts of exp at different skill levels compared to your level; however this really only applies if you were say level 1 and used console commands to make all your skills 100, your level would probably be 78 with 77 perks to spend, but if you don't cheat and level everything up naturally you'll most likely end up level 81 with 80 perks to spend) and tack on to that the perk planner @ http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create? and you can finally do a little character planning as I was itching to do for quite some time. :D

ill wil

Getting mauled by two giants and a mammoth with no types of heath....

Jimmious

Well for me it has to be one of the simple yet very immersive moments I've lived so far in Skyrim.

I'm playing as a Wood Elf Ranger (at least that's what I think I am) alternating between bow and dual swords.
As I was walking next to a small river with lush vegetation on its sides I notice a deer behind a big rock which was on my way.
I carefully approach it with the intension of hunting it down(they provide good hide and meat). When I close in at about 4 meters distance it suddenly takes notice of me and for 5 amazing seconds we both stay perfectly still and look at each other. When I pick my bow up it starts running, crossing the river with me chasing it! I manage to put it down after a minute or two.
The chase ended up on a small hill which was semi-covered by a large cliff. Standing over the deer carcass I just skinned, I look up in the sky and I see the two big moons shining in a sky full of stars

Moments like that make Skyrim so great for me.

Eturnus

I think an awsome moment in skyrim for me has been reading all of your awsome moments and coming to the realising there were so many awsome moments still waiting for me to discover! :p

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Being a Thane of Winterhold has its perks as I found out as I once again inadvertently committed a crime. The guard went to arrest me and I was like "Hey don't you know I'm the thane of Winterhold" and he was like "Oh, okay then I'll look away this time". LOL that was awesome. Or after fixing up my Steel Plate Armor and I walk by a guard and he compliments me on it. Or when I stopped in a dungeon to read a book and while reading Lydia has a little bit of a coughing fit, that was awesome. It's the little things that really are starting to give me WOW moments.

BTW - Does anyone know if bodies decompose over time? I notice that they don't just disappear like in other games, which is more realistic. I'm pretty methodical when I kill people in the open world as I have taken to disposing of their bodies.

Swedestanlogical

Premium Member
Ok - not a WOW moment, but a pretty funny one - I had just returned down from the 7000 steps and was hunting in the woods after I killed a dragon - shot an Elk and then off to my right a freakin Ox cart fell from the sky - crashed through the trees to the ground - must have fallen off the 747 cargo plane flying over - wierd...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts