YOU CAN'T GET REMARRIED ON XBOX OR PS3

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I've posted this about four or five times now on the help thread, but for some reason people seem to think you can get remarried on a console by receiving a letter of inheritance and getting rid of both rings of matrimony after your spouse has died.

Can ANYONE confirm this? I would try it myself but my game is glitched to where I do not receive my letter of inheritance. I have yet to find this rumor to be confirmed, anywhere.

I don't care about getting remarried myself, but so many people are mislead about this I'm getting sick of it.

raven63

You can't get remarried even if your spouse dies because the game even after the letter still think your married only to remarry is on pc

Yeah pretty sure thats a console command only type thing. I only have gotten married one time in the game and it was with that dark elf who hangs out in the drunken huntsman. After the ceremony, I never saw her again lol.

ambiiientz

Xbox 360 & PS3 You can NOT get remarried.
I do think this needs to be tweaked... u should b able to divorce/unmarry.

Dallas-Arbiter

I'd like to see the ability to divorce, but I think marriage in Skyrim is completely useless. It's even worse than having a follower. You get 100 septims a day from a non existent store that your old lady/old man runs out of your house. All they say is "What do you need my love?" Why isn't there a little stall out in front of your house or in the marketplace after they move in where they sell this non existent stuff? What about the ability to have kids? What about more and better dialog between your character and your spouse?

It would be great to come in after say a week out in the wilderness, and your spouse starts an argument with you as soon as you get in the door on why you were gone so long, and you'd have to work it out through dialog choices, if you screw up, they leave you for at least a while, and to get them to come back you'd have to do something very special for them. None of that would of been hard to do.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
The remarriage option would definitely be nice. I've had my husbands die a few times and it sucks not having that source of income anymore for the rest of your playthrough. It'd also be nice to be able to marry whoever you wanted to. I can see how this would cause some issues with character roles in the game, but for people like, say, Ulfric Stormcloak, you'd just have to 'live' wherever he does since he can't really move around.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts