• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What DLC do you think is better than this DLC?

• Hearth Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a PS3 player.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What the **** Bethseda?!
1.There are were-bears in the DLC,yet you can't turn into them.
2.You can't control the flight of the dragon,it just goes in a circle.
3.Short quest-line.
4.You just use spears as arrows,not a two handed weapon or a weapon you can throw.
Those are the 4 negative things that I am REALLY ****** off about,I was lucky enough not to waste my money on the micro soft points for this,hell,Hearth fire by the looks is better than this bull crap,well that's my rant done,now let the flame war of me being a stupid n00b commence! (Also I didn't bother with grammar,I normally do but didn't feel like it :p)

The best way to sum this up is
"Don't hand me sheep's piss and call it mead"
Ulfric Stormcloak.

Falmer19

Well, In my opinion this DLC was far better than either of the previous ones. Dawnguard and Hearthfire were neat, but Dragonborn brought us into a whole new realm. With were bears, I'm slightly disappointed. Spears, definitely disappointed. But the Dragon Controlling in the air I can understand. They are thousand- year old super intelligent beasts. But I don't let the things that bother me get in the way of this pretty epic DLC. The Main Quest's quality is superb in this DLC, and the various side quests let you attain some seriously powerful gear. Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives in this DLC.

(And something tells me Spears among other things aren't out of the question as Bethesda plans on making more DLCs)

MaGiC_MaN95

tbh i think bethesda were just sticking the middle finger up and the community as a joke with the whole spear arrow things, but i think they will add proper spears into the game in a future dlc.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
To turn into a Werebear would basically be the same thing as a werewolf. It would be difficult for Bethesda to come up with mechanics that could make it unique compared to both the Vampire Lord and the Werewolf. In fact, the mechanics that they based it on for the NPCs were the exact same mechanics used for the Werewolf form. So even if you could turn into a Werebear, it wouldn't be that amazing.

Truth be told, I was a little annoyed with the Dragon Riding mechanics and how I couldn't move it to where I wanted it to be. Then again, I really didn't care for it to be included to begin with. So I could have easily done without that new mechanic added into the DLC.

If you look at what you had to do in order to unlock the quest-line for Dragonborn, I would say that it is pretty decent sized. In the case of all DLCs, they aren't expected to be as huge or bigger than the main story-line. Also, you could beat the main quest-line of Skyrim to add onto the story of the Dragonborn DLC to make it feel that much bigger. And depending on the type of character you're rolling, it can get overwhelming at times.

I will admit that I was disappointed that spears did not come the way that I would have hoped they would return. Regardless, I will say that a lot of the new content from the Dragonborn DLC allows me to get past this annoyance. New Dragon Priest masks that fortify element of Destruction school, return of Morrowind/Bloodmoon armors, new spells, staff enchanter, new side-quests, new unique items, new powers from Apocrypha... the amount of new content has me more than satisfied for the low price of $20. Rather than allowing the small things annoy you, enjoy everything else that you were able to receive.

And I concur with Falmer19 that spears will most likely make an official return in an upcoming DLC. If they were able to make the mechanics for the Rieklings using spears (the two-handed ones) work, they're probably already working on making it a new usable weapon in Skyrim.

CaptMorgan72

I absolutely loved Dawnguard and felt the same way about Dragonborn. Like everybody else, I was disappointed that the Dragons couldn't be steered, but its fine, they are still fun to mount and kill things in the near vicinity. The spears don't bother me at all, it makes sense to me, the spears are the size of arrows. I love Solstheim, very cool. The werebears I agree was disappointing. I was really hoping that the rival werebear clan would offer you their gift to kill the rival werewolf clan, but it wasn't to be. Just doesn't make sense to throw in werebears without a background or small storyline for them. It could have been a very interesting quest, two beast clans trying to win the affection of their lord Hircine. Also, the werebears should have been twice the size of werewolves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts