XBox One vs. PS4: What's your opinion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which next-gen console do you prefer?

• Total voters

Benthos

Proud Mer

Sorry, they took down the video so here you go.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Man, fl*ff consoles. I'm done with consoles after seeing these depressing "next-gen" lumps of pl*ps.

PC, here I come!

Delusional

I personally don't see how the PS4 is a depressing lump of pl***. If Sony remains true to their word, it'll be a fantastic console that was made for gamers.

Well, we will just have to wait and see if Sony fl*ffs it up, right?

Raymond Vester said:
For all of those who are in Sony's corner, you do realize they can fluff up just as easily.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Well, we will just have to wait and see if Sony fl*ffs it up, right?

Yea, I love how you quoted me from something I said before E3 took place. LOL cherry picking at it's finest. You are right, Sony can mess it up down the road. But, considering the reaction they received from the masses at E3, I don't think they will. I do hope Microsoft reconsiders it's business strategy however.

Delusional

Yea, I love how you quoted me from something I said before E3 took place. LOL cherry picking at it's finest. You are right, Sony can mess it up down the road. But, considering the reaction they received from the masses at E3, I don't think they will. I do hope Microsoft reconsiders it's business strategy however.

The consoles haven't been released yet. There's still plenty of opportunities for Microsoft to get their act together or Sony to screw up before they hit the market.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
The consoles haven't been released yet. There's still plenty of opportunities for Microsoft to get their act together or Sony to screw up before they hit the market.

As I already said, true. But, I don't think Sony is stupid enough to piss people off when they pretty much have everyone in their corner. Anything can happen in the coming months, but Sony doesn't want to lose their lead. I'm sure.

Delusional

As I already said, true. But, I don't think Sony is stupid enough to piss people off when they pretty much have everyone in their corner. Anything can happen in the coming months, but Sony doesn't want to lose their lead. I'm sure.

Well, yes, of course they wouldn't want to lose a lead against their main competitor, but even one preemptive decision and the masses will be in outrage. I'm sure any decisions they make that might or might not cause them to lose their lead would not be implemented so they could piss off everyone, but rather just rushed and not thought out enough, and even that could send Sony back down to the plopster.

Delusional

What I'm saying is they wouldn't intentionally fl*ff up and intentionally piss off everyone and likely lose their lead.

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
What I'm saying is they wouldn't intentionally fl*ff up and intentionally piss off everyone and likely lose their lead.

Why would they intentionally do that? Microsoft didn't mean to piss off gamers, and they probably would have reconsidered their strategy if they had known that gamers would be angry. No company ever intentionally fl*ff up and lose their audience.

Delusional

Why would they intentionally do that? Microsoft didn't mean to piss off gamers, and they probably would have reconsidered their strategy if they had known that gamers would be angry. No company ever intentionally fl*ff up and lose their audience.

The way Vester stated it, it seemed like Sony would know exactly what is going to upset their audience and what isn't. That's why I said that. They don't know that, meaning just because they have everyone on their side now doesn't exempt them from screwing up by making a preemptive decision or not thinking a concept through.

Raymond Vester said:

Of course they don't want to lose their lead. But how are they going to know the reaction of their audience to implementations? Clearly Microsoft thought what they were doing was great, but look at the response.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Microsoft knew what they were doing was going to piss people off. Their fans and customers openly voiced what they did not want in a next gen console. Microsoft did it anyway. So, don't give me that BS. Sony was considering EVERYTHING Microsoft implemented with the Xbox One. However, Sony waited to see what Microsoft was going to do and the reaction from gamers. Why else would Sony just come right out and blast Microsoft at E3? Sony saw what happened. They saw the outrage. They figured, yep, better not do this.

Delusional

I suppose we shall agree to disagree. I am switching to PC because personally, I don't feel either console is appealing to me (well of course the X1 isn't, I'm namely referring to the PS4). I feel that investing in a PC is more worthwhile to me than investing in next gen consoles.

Then again, it is all a matter of personal preference.

Azir L'Stros

Microsoft knew what they were doing was going to piss people off. Their fans and customers openly voiced what they did not want in a next gen console. Microsoft did it anyway. So, don't give me that BS. Sony was considering EVERYTHING Microsoft implemented with the Xbox One. However, Sony waited to see what Microsoft was going to do and the reaction from gamers. Why else would Sony just come right out and blast Microsoft at E3? Sony saw what happened. They saw the outrage. They figured, yep, better not do this.

Remember, Microsoft had that "great idea" and revealed it before Sony. Sony was neutral on it until they saw the reaction the Microsoft got. Like I said, no company ever intentionally pisses off its audience.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Remember, Microsoft had that "great idea" and revealed it before Sony. Sony was neutral on it until they saw the reaction the Microsoft got. Like I said, no company ever intentionally pisses off its audience.

Microsoft has never been for the gamers. I believe this is what they wanted from the beginning. To have total control of the living room. If they were truly branding the Xbox to gamers, they would have known this crap would piss off gamers.

Azir L'Stros

Microsoft has never been for the gamers. I believe this is what they wanted from the beginning. To have total control of the living room. If they were truly branding the Xbox to gamers, they would have known this crap would piss off gamers.

I agree.

Benthos

Proud Mer
They don't care, that's the point of it, they don't care what we like and don't like, they have proven that they haven't cared about their customers since the 360's launch. They ignored the complaints of the 360 owners, they absolutely refused to acknowledge the problems to the point of ARGUING with their customers about how the 360s don't have any problems whatsoever with them until they had that demonstration go wrong. Then since they were blasted in public for their BS, they had no other choice but to look into the 360 issues of over-heating, easily breaking (seriously, several customers reported the system breaking before they could get it out of the box and not with rough handling either), easy and perma red ring of death, as well as scratching the hell out of the discs from a slight bump of the counter or table that the system is resting on. This is the same as with Kinect, nobody liked the Kinect, we've seen countless rants and complaints about how much it sucks, the sales with the Kinect is beyond mediocre, but they still force it on us with the XBox One as MANDATORY controls. They revealed this long before the system's reveal earlier this year and people hated it, they don't care; this is the problem. Why should they care? They have plenty of fans still dedicated, they will still buy a lot of their products as well as other services as well, this is the issue with a company who has plenty of income from all other sources they sell and provide. At least Sony is dedicated in their own reasons to keep focus on their gamers even though they're also cozy like Microsoft in other fields of business (some based on a grudge).

Also to add on to all of this:
1016636_4678877462478_1677315990_n.jpg

Source of image

microsoft-xbox-one-nintend-wii-u-ambush.jpg

Microsoft Ambush at Wii-U Event
I posted these just recently at the other thread dedicated to this since there will be people who haven't looked into both threads.

Azir L'Stros

They don't care, that's the point of it, they don't care what we like and don't like, they have proven that they haven't cared about their customers since the 360's launch. They ignored the complaints of the 360 owners, they absolutely refused to acknowledge the problems to the point of ARGUING with their customers about how the 360s don't have any problems whatsoever with them until they had that demonstration go wrong. Then since they were blasted in public for their BS, they had no other choice but to look into the 360 issues of over-heating, easily breaking (seriously, several customers reported the system breaking before they could get it out of the box and not with rough handling either), easy and perma red ring of death, as well as scratching the hell out of the discs from a slight bump of the counter or table that the system is resting on. This is the same as with Kinect, nobody liked the Kinect, we've seen countless rants and complaints about how much it sucks, the sales with the Kinect is beyond mediocre, but they still force it on us with the XBox One as MANDATORY controls. They revealed this long before the system's reveal earlier this year and people hated it, they don't care; this is the problem. Why should they care? They have plenty of fans still dedicated, they will still buy a lot of their products as well as other services as well, this is the issue with a company who has plenty of income from all other sources they sell and provide. At least Sony is dedicated in their own reasons to keep focus on their gamers even though they're also cozy like Microsoft in other fields of business (some based on a grudge).

Also to add on to all of this:
1016636_4678877462478_1677315990_n.jpg

Source of image

microsoft-xbox-one-nintend-wii-u-ambush.jpg

Microsoft Ambush at Wii-U Event
I posted these just recently at the other thread dedicated to this since there will be people who haven't looked into both threads.

Agreed. I saw an article on Flipboard yesterday that basically went like this:

"Microsoft has always tried to own the living room, and not to be a gaming console."

I also heard that people were paid by Microsoft to go on Reddit and downvote pro-PS4 comments and upvote pro-XBox One comments, while writing their own comments. A lot of anti-XBox One videos on YouTube have been taken down, too. All of this proves how desperate Microsoft is.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts