XBox One pulls a 180 on daily check-ins and used game policy

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamali

I guess it really comes down to what exclusives you want.

Here's a list of exclusives for both the PS3 and 360, so your best bet would to choose based on what each console will most likely have.
Bethesda does seem to have more of a thing with Microsoft than Sony (just mostly thinking of the whole Skyrim PS3 problems that came up, and even the "timed exclusive" BS that always happens because Microsoft pays more money).

Also, this is a list of EVERY confirmed game for PS4, and this is one for the X1.

i can say i really like xbox exclusives much more :/

Reaper87

吉光
I would buy Destiny, CoD Ghosts and ACIV. :)

JClarke1953

Also loses family sharing and the ability to install a disc and then not need it.

Maybe they could release a different version of the console with those features though.

Never bothered me too much, as I have good internet (and if I don't, then I could've just used my phone), and was looking forward to the features it would bring, and the last time I sold a game was back in the original Xbox days.

Are these restrictions going to include the XBox "slim" 360 as well? I'll be danged if I'm going to buy the new one, as it'll have nothing going on to "encourage" me to buy it. So what if it'll have Blu-Ray, I have a Blu-Ray 3D player (although 3D is more than likely going to be phased out). I've no interest in Kinect, and I don't play multi-player games. Mostly because one cannot control what the other players do or don't do (one of the biggest reason's I stopped playing WoW).

Sean

lost somewhere
Are these restrictions going to include the XBox "slim" 360 as well? I'll be danged if I'm going to buy the new one, as it'll have nothing going on to "encourage" me to buy it. So what if it'll have Blu-Ray, I have a Blu-Ray 3D player (although 3D is more than likely going to be phased out). I've no interest in Kinect, and I don't play multi-player games. Mostly because one cannot control what the other players do or don't do (one of the biggest reason's I stopped playing WoW).

No, none of this has ANYTHING to do with the Xbox 360.

Godzillaman 08

I don't like the Xbox One because their main focus seems to be more about TV and movies, and boring sports rather than what it should be, games. Games seem to be a secondary thought rather than the main focus. Which doesn't mean I won't buy it, ill just cry when ever I turn it on and see recommendations for sports shows I don't care about.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I don't like the Xbox One because their main focus seems to be more about TV and movies, and boring sports rather than what it should be, games. Games seem to be a secondary thought rather than the main focus. Which doesn't mean I won't buy it, ill just cry when ever I turn it on and see recommendations for sports shows I don't care about.

I guess you missed E3 where Microsoft showed all the games. Granted, they still want it to be an all in one entertainment box. But, my PS3 pretty much does that already.

The PS4 has the exclusives I want and I won't be forced to have a video camera with the console. Which of course made the PS4 100 dollars cheaper.

Though I watched a video where it was stated that the Kinect 2 is almost as expensive to make as the Xbone. Which if true Microsoft is taking a heavy loss. Can only one confirm or disprove this? When I get home I'll try and find the video about this.

Sean

lost somewhere

I guess you missed E3 where Microsoft showed all the games. Granted, they still want it to be an all in one entertainment box. But, my PS3 pretty much does that already.

The PS4 has the exclusives I want and I won't be forced to have a video camera with the console. Which of course made the PS4 100 dollars cheaper.

Though I watched a video where it was stated that the Kinect 2 is almost as expensive to make as the Xbone. Which if true Microsoft is taking a heavy loss. Can only one confirm or disprove this? When I get home I'll try and find the video about this.

I heard about that heavy loss thing too, but not entirely sure on the credibility of the source.

Here is the article if you want it, but it is an "alleged developer on Reddit," so hard to say.

It is possible that they could sell it at a loss, but make up for it with ad revenue, and Xbox Live subscriptions, and Nintendo's 3DS sold at a loss for a long time.

It seemed like a pretty good strategy, as everyone already knew that it would play games, so they went after the non-gamers first, and then focused on games at E3.
It also seemed to work out for them with the Xbox One being far above the PS4 on Amazon.

Honestly, the main appeals to me with the X1 is XBL, Cloud Computing, and I prefer Xbox's exclusive list, and I'll still pick up a PS4 around next summer.
To each their own, honestly.
Everyone has their preference.

JClarke1953

Well, I don't use my XBox for anything but to play Skyrim, such as it is now, as I dumper Hearthfire, and have pretty much completed everything but maybe going after the occasional bandit or something.

And I play Dishonored, and that's about it. I've got no use or need for Netflix or any of the other add-on's Live has. What movie I want to rent is easily accessible from a store Redbox about a mile away. That and I have over 400 movies, Blu-Ray or regular DVD.

I don't play online games, had enough of that with WoW. So unless Microsoft comes up with something of real interest, I've none for their "new" product.