Xbox Issues- Scared To Play Skyrim!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Al'Amar

The Wood Elf
Hey guys, I'm having a little problem. I have a Black Xbox 360 Elite. It is about 2 1/2 years old, but is in really good shape and has always worked up to par. Recently it has been shutting down on me, freezing in the middle of Skyrim, and sometimes lagging to the point where I can't even play the game.

I'm getting worried to even put the disc in to the Xbox, or even turning on the Xbox itself. I have never had any problems with this, and I highly doubt it's Skyrim causing the problem. I'm not sure if this means to upgrade to the new xbox, but I was hoping you guys had a solution to this.
- Please leave any opinons, suggestions, or knowledge that you have.
I miss my wood elf!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Well I haven't had any problems as yet with my Elite nor has my Son, but one of my Girl Friends was only saying today that she is having similar problems with her Elite. Her's will start up or shut down mid game or tries the eject the disc while she is playing & it's not just with Skyrim but quite a few games of late.
My Daughter has the Xbox 360 250GB with Kinect & it will start up & switch off randomly as if it's possessed or something.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The only issues I've been having with Skyrim is that it occasionally freezes for me as well. Usually the issue resolves itself on its own.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Not to be an ass but I've had the same xbox 360 since its release. I started getting lag because of too many save files though.

TickerTocker3

Not to be an ass but I've had the same xbox 360 since its release. I started getting lag because of too many save files though.
are you connected to the internet? if not then sign in to live and start the game to receive the latest update patches. I have over 20 saves and never had a glitch.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
lol no, no internet. I just deleted all the saves. Mine is running perfectly. Just putting in my two cents that might help?

Thomas Liu

tyl089
I won't connect to the internet yet to get the patches. v.1.2 and 1.3 had some issues with screwing up people's games. V1.4 is supposed clear up that but it's not out on X-box or ps3 for anther week. Even then, I'll probably wait to see if any other issues first crop up before downloading the patch.

Meantime, try what people who like me on the ps3 have been doing; turn off auto saves, delete out old save files. there's also the trick of saving the prior game, then shut off and restart.

cmp007

My game has frozen on me probably 3-4 times and ive got like 130 hours on the game. It does lag sometimes when my Xbox has been on for along time then I reset and its good. So installing the game to the hard drive will make it run better? How do you do that

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
So installing the game to the hard drive will make it run better? How do you do that

It certainly puts less strain on the Disc Drive & the Disc.

I always install games I play a lot of like Skyrim as I have less hassles with them in the long run & like I just stated it puts less strain on the Disc & the Disc Drive.

It's especially handy if a disc gets cracked. My MW2 Disc is cracked & because I have the game installed to my Hard Drive I can still play it normally.

cmp007

My xbox always seems to fry a a game and have to get a new one. How do you save it to your harddrive?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
While you are on Xbox Home, & you have the game in the machine press X for Game Details, which brings you to another screen. On the left hand side there is 3 options, which are;
1/. Play Now
2/. Install Game
3/. Rate

Just select Install Game & after it's installed you can play it normally.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Will uninstalling the game delete the save files?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts