XBOX - Eagles Red Tomb

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Maxlength

Hunted this down this weekend, only to discover I need the sword Eagles Red Fury...which I am certain I gave to a nimrod on a quest in Riften.

Am I right or wrong on this, as I went looking for him only not to find him.

Oh, is it Eagles Red Fury I need....this is just a guess, linking Eagles Red Tomb with Eagles Red Fury.

Spanking you all in advance. :):Dovahkiin:

AusMan

First blood is mine
Hunted this down this weekend, only to discover I need the sword Eagles Red Fury...which I am certain I gave to a nimrod on a quest in Riften.

Am I right or wrong on this, as I went looking for him only not to find him.

Okay, 1st - the sword you need is "Red Eagle's Fury" not "Eagle's Red Fury" 2nd - You did actually find and read the book "The Legend of Red Eagle" to start the quest, right? If you did, when you reach Red Eagle Redoubt, you will fight some Forsworn and find the sword on an alter or somewhere nearby (which you will use to open the cave wall to fight Red Eagle).

If you found the sword earlier in the game by some chance, I doubt it would have let you remove it from your inventory, since it is a quest item.

Ironclad

Red Eagle's Fury is a 'key' 1-H sword, it is found barely a mile from the cave you need to enter to end the quest.
Red Eagle's Bane is the 2-H reward.

Go back to the Redoubt and see if it is there. Or check your homes.

Maxlength

Okay, 1st - the sword you need is "Red Eagle's Fury" not "Eagle's Red Fury" 2nd - You did actually find and read the book "The Legend of Red Eagle" to start the quest, right? If you did, when you reach Red Eagle Redoubt, you will fight some Forsworn and find the sword on an alter or somewhere nearby (which you will use to open the cave wall to fight Red Eagle).

If you found the sword earlier in the game by some chance, I doubt it would have let you remove it from your inventory, since it is a quest item.

There is a bug in the game which does produce a second sword....
Sorry if I happened to get the name of the sword the wrong way around...

Critical

You'll find this during The Legend of Red Eagle in the Sundered Towers.

This quest is initiated once you read one of the Books of the same name. The book can be found in a few different places; one location is in Solitude.

Objectives
Find the Red Eagle’s Sword
Unlock the secret of Red Eagle’s Tomb

Walkthrough
This quest begins as soon as you read a book entitled The Legend of Red Eagle. This book can be found in several places, but you can get it early in the game when your presence isrequested at Dragonsreach in Whiterun. After being introduced to Farenger, head to the room to the left of his laboratory. On one of the book shelves a book titled The Legend of Red Eagle will open up this quest.
Travel West to the location marked on your map Red Eagle Redoubt, fight through the Red Eagle ascent. Look out for traps along the path; crafty adventurers should be able to turn traps against enemies. Eventually, you’ll emerge near the Sunder Towers. A Forsword Briarheart has the sword in his possession, remove it with extreme prejudice. Acquire the Red Eagle’s Fury and Red Eagle Tower key and head out towards the towers.

The Bad-assery Of Fire Weapons

Enter the first tower and head towards the top, use the chain to lower a bridge connecting two towers. You now have a clear path to your next destination - Rebel’s Cairn. Head inside and place the Red Eagle’s Fury on the switch to open up a secret tomb. The Red Eagle himself will reanimate alongside some common skeletal warriors. Dispatch the weaker enemies first and beware the Red Eagle’s ability to disarm you. Defeat the undead warrior to claim a very powerful weapon - Honed Ancient Nord Greatsword of Burning. Don’t forget to grab the sword sitting on the switch on the way out, you’ll notice its now changed into the Red Eagle’s Bane.

Don't know if that helps

Maxlength

Cheers all...I can work out the task ok, so thanks all for posting up. I was asking about this sword, as I am certain I picked it up and gave it away on a task.....I maybe wrong, wouldn't be the first time.....

Maxlength

Right ok.....this is don' my head in.....
I cannot find this sword as I have already taken it from the Briarheart chap and given it to some chap in Riften, one of the brothers from the keep.....and now, I cannot find him.

HELP!!!

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Okay, I've done this quest loads of times.

Stage 1) Read the book 'The Legend of Red Eagle' to get the quest

Stage 2) Travel to Red Eagle's Readout, fight the Forsworn until you get to the boss at the top, kill him and loot the sword Red Eagle's Fury It's a 1H sword (same as a Ancient Nord Sword with a fire enchantment).

Stage 3) Travel to Rebels Cairn, a cave not far from Red Eagle's Readout. Enter it and find the sword slot in the rock. Activate it and a secret door should open.

Stage 4) Go in, Kill the Draugr Deathlord called Red Eagle and his Skeletons using your favorite method and loot him. You should get a 2H sword with a fire enchantment.

Stage 5) Return to the sword slot, when you re-activate it, Red Eagle's Fury should now be Red Eagle's Bane. same 1H sword with a different enchantment.

Hope this helps...

Maxlength

Okay, I've done this quest loads of times.

Stage 1) Read the book 'The Legend of Red Eagle' to get the quest

Stage 2) Travel to Red Eagle's Readout, fight the Forsworn until you get to the boss at the top, kill him and loot the sword Red Eagle's Fury It's a 1H sword (same as a Ancient Nord Sword with a fire enchantment).

Stage 3) Travel to Rebels Cairn, a cave not far from Red Eagle's Readout. Enter it and find the sword slot in the rock. Activate it and a secret door should open.

Stage 4) Go in, Kill the Draugr Deathlord called Red Eagle and his Skeletons using your favorite method and loot him. You should get a 2H sword with a fire enchantment.

Stage 5) Return to the sword slot, when you re-activate it, Red Eagle's Fury should now be Red Eagle's Bane. same 1H sword with a different enchantment.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Templar, but it is stage 2 which is the issue....the sword is not there. This is my issue.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Thanks Templar, but it is stage 2 which is the issue....the sword is not there. This is my issue.

I now several of the side quests are still bugged (Forbidden Legend being one of them). Its sad because the rewards for that quest is awesome. It's a quest you can do early in the game at a low level, you could try starting a new character and running through it as soon as you get to Whiterun. The book Legend of Red Eagle can be found in Farengar's Library.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts