• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
The Xbox is another story altogether. With a heady mix of rumors, tips and speculation, I am now stating that Xbox codename “loop” (the erstwhile XboxTV) will indeed debut a modified Win9 core. It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform—a “main” processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture. It will be cheaper than the 360, further enabling Kinect adoption. And it will be far smaller than the 360. It will also demonstrate how Windows Phone could possible implement Win9’s dev platform on the lower end.

http://msnerd.tumblr.com/post/12233928364/clarity

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
As long as they make Xbox Live free I will buy it. I already pay enough just to be able to play on the Xbox.
Ah, I'd like to see some voice recognition. Not like "Turn on" (Xbox turns on) but like say for TES 6, they give you regular text options for conversation and you can say something through the mic and the game understands what your trying to say and chooses the option closest to what you said. Just an idea... would be cool. 1080p MUST!!! like seriously......

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Huh, that idea is pretty good. It would make sense to choose one’s dialog by actually speaking it, wouldn’t it?

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
As long as they make Xbox Live free I will buy it. I already pay enough just to be able to play on the Xbox.
that is completely skrwd up, how are they suppose to make money if they give everything away for free. the "720" will have graphics out of it power source, smaller, cheaper, and you nag about wanting FREE xbox LIVE. if you odn't like the price, then don't pay for it. hel. $60 for a year is a damn good price!

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Well when your paying $130 for internet,$300 for an xbox,$60 per game, and $60 just to play with other people? really? Microsoft makes HELLA cash with their other products... It's bad enough with the RROD.

diazm7

get cheaper internet, btw., since when does microsoft offer internet services for a price?????????theres something out there called competion (if you dont like paying that much for the 360+online play, go buy the ps3) wait a few months and buy a used game with it being cheaper. RROD, mod your 360 so it doesnt, there are several home mods you can do to the 360 original, you'd be suprised by the amount of cooling can be achieved by cutting out the back and applying some cardboard can do.
Microsoft isn't in business to not make money, if you don't like their prices, don't pay for them otherwise shut the hell up. thats the nicest way i can think of saying it.
On a different note. If the 720 is cheaper and it IS REVERSE compatible, i will either sell my 360 shiny to my lil sis (atleast 1/2 of the new consoles price) to help me buy the new one!, or sell it to someone at work for slightly more than my sister.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
get cheaper internet, btw., since when does microsoft offer internet services for a price?????????theres something out there called competion (if you dont like paying that much for the 360+online play, go buy the ps3) wait a few months and buy a used game with it being cheaper. RROD, mod your 360 so it doesnt, there are several home mods you can do to the 360 original, you'd be suprised by the amount of cooling can be achieved by cutting out the back and applying some cardboard can do.
Microsoft isn't in business to not make money, if you don't like their prices, don't pay for them otherwise shut the hell up. thats the nicest way i can think of saying it.
On a different note. If the 720 is cheaper and it IS REVERSE compatible, i will either sell my 360 shiny to my lil sis (atleast 1/2 of the new consoles price) to help me buy the new one!, or sell it to someone at work for slightly more than my sister.

You shouldn't have to go to those lengths to make a product work. Not when you are paying that kind of money.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
You shouldn't have to go to those lengths to make a product work. Not when you are paying that kind of money.
Exactly. I mean for all we know they made the RROD to make more money off the console. I've owned my xbox for 3 years now and have had live for 2 but nowadays it's getting harder to push out those $60 or $20 bucks for the year or 3 months cards. I still play on it just not any multiplayer games like COD and stuff. Oh and when I went to cancel my subscription (a month before it expired). I still got charged the next month... Had to get another credit card cuz the bank said they would keep charging me because they had my info...

I'm not a Microsoft hater. I just wish they would ease up on these prices.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Hey, add me on PSN Reiji, hopefully I have room. Anyway, I own a PS3 and a 360. For what the 360 offers and does, it's overpriced when you add in the Live subscription.

-No internet browser, unlike the Wii or PS3. (I had a broken computer for a year, my PS3 saved me for that year, while I banked money for a new computer)

-Have to pay online. Wii and PS3 have free online. Granted, the 360 does have superior online service, however I think now charging for Live is starting to hurt them, as more folks can't afford the subscription and are moving to the PS3.

-No Blu-ray for 360 and of course Wii (which can't even play DVDs). Granted, VERY MINOR. But, I love Blu-ray. And it looks amazing on my HDTV and PS3 :D

-Wii and PS3 have superior first party titles/games

diazm7

anything man-made is 100% not perfect, well all know this to be true and evident. the X-clamp on the 360 original was a major flaw, microsoft just wanted to be "cool" and add an X to thier cooling process, which flunked. I agree with you, but im not gunan keep buying or paying for repairs when i can just yourtube repairs!
Exactly. I mean for all we know they made the RROD to make more money off the console. I've owned my xbox for 3 years now and have had live for 2 but nowadays it's getting harder to push out those $60 or $20 bucks for the year or 3 months cards. I still play on it just not any multiplayer games like COD and stuff. Oh and when I went to cancel my subscription (a month before it expired). I still got charged the next month... Had to get another credit card cuz the bank said they would keep charging me because they had my info...

I'm not a Microsoft hater. I just wish they would ease up on these prices.
My older brother bought the 360 elite when it came out, it lasted for like 3 years, not long for a console, i mean i've got NES and SNES that work like champs! but the more complex and intricite things get the more severe and costly the problems get.
as for the prices, i don't know how they come up with them, and im sure its market researched, will they come down with prices??? idk, and idc. honestly if you pay 10/1 or 60/12 you have access to netflix through 360, although netflix through laptop is far better, in my opinion, just use HDMI to flat screen! i'm not bitching about prices cuz i dont pay them. untill i shell out, ill start.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Lol I still have my grandma's ATARI! ANCIENT system that still works like new. Gamer grandparents rock.
I do know that with new technology their WILL be errors especially when they set a deadline when all the kinks aren't worked out to satisfy the consumer. Im not expecting too much from the 720 though. Better graphics,1080p games, internet would be a plus. The price is usually based on how much the parts cost to make the console plus a 20-40% slap on price onto it so they can make a profit. I mean look at nike, they make the shoe's oversea's dirt cheap and charge us what? $120+ for one pair? Im not gonna lie, they are good shoes but way overpriced. They're selling off the names nt the actual shoe.

Jersey, I hope your PSN is JerseyDagmar because if not im going to get a "Who the hell are you" message pretty soon. lol

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Haha the RROD wasn't a scam, it was because they rushed their CPU and graphics chip and did no extensive testing. If you run something that gets very hot for a long time with some crappy solder then of course it will dissipate and eventually screw up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts