(Xbox 360) Updated version of this modded save?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Wonder why the Enchantment attribute on the Silver Necklace is set at 0 seconds. With 0 seconds, the thing is useless. And making Enchant potions to level my Enchantment abilities doesn't speed it up very well. Just went through 50+ Soul Gems to get level 72 for Enchanting items.

Oh well, that and for some reason, all of my Dragon Souls are gone, although I've only gotten one part of Whirlwind Sprint, and all three of Unrelenting Force. And I've only two Dragon Souls now. I use Unrelenting Force a lot, but where did those Souls go?

The souls disappeared once you fought the dragon at the watchtower, the game resets your souls to zero because it forces you to spend it on the "Fus" shout, and since it's supposed to be the only dragon you kill by then, the script sets it to 0 rather than subtracting one. And it's set to 0 seconds because the enchantment "refreshes" itself sort of. It works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JClarke1953

Okay, I get the "lost Soul's" thing. I guess that means backtracking if I want to work another way.

On the necklace, how do you mean it "refreshes"? What am I looking for? Or rather, not seeing?

Okay, I get the "lost Soul's" thing. I guess that means backtracking if I want to work another way.

On the necklace, how do you mean it "refreshes"? What am I looking for? Or rather, not seeing?

I think I worded that wrong... Hmm... How do I put this... I think the fact that it's set to 0 and the timer is set to add -1 each second, until it reaches 0. But it doesn't perform said check until after the first second, putting the timer at -1 seconds left, which never turns to 0 so it stays forever so long as the item is worn. (Active Effects won't show it as negative time though)

JClarke1953

Just wear it and it should work for enchanting just fine

I did, finally saw what I needed to do. Still seems like very slow going though! Doesn't seem to speed or increase very quickly. Takes three rings just to get one bar of work done to level Enchantment.

I did, finally saw what I needed to do. Still seems like very slow going though! Doesn't seem to speed or increase very quickly. Takes three rings just to get one bar of work done to level Enchantment.

In the newest patch the enchanting level raises based on value of the enchantment, at some point the values get too high for the valuable for the formula and you just get the flat exp bonus from any enchantment, if you could reach a negative value it'd probably act strange and give a really high amount of exp. try finding something with a huge base value and enchant it with the most valuable enchantment, after a certain high value the number goes negative.

JClarke1953

So, the higher the Enchantment, the quicker it will level up? Okay, I had wondered if I should get armor or weapon's. I've been making and enchanting ring's, so it seems I need to work on enchanting weapons and/or armor? Frankly though, you kind of lost me on the base value vs valuable enchantment?

You mentioned a "patch"? From where?

Sorry for the slow response, been doing some repairs on an Xbox I picked up to mod a while ago. Anyway, patch means title update. You have the most recent I'm sure. Anyway, basically, the value of the item enchanted is used in the enchanting experience formula. I'm not entirely sure what the formula is, but what you told me was you're not getting a large amount of enchanting experience despite wearing the necklace. So I'm assuming after a specific value it cuts off the experience based on value. So I was thinking if you managed to go over the maximum value the game can handle (2 billion something I think) it would go to a negative number. That would cause the formula to act strange and probably give a large amount of exp. what I meant by base value is the value of the object before enchanting.

JClarke1953

What if the armor or weapon is improved first, will that help? Am I looking for the base value of damage and/or protection before I improve it? Or will improving be detrimental to increasing Enchanting?

What if the armor or weapon is improved first, will that help? Am I looking for the base value of damage and/or protection before I improve it? Or will improving be detrimental to increasing Enchanting?
As usual blame my slow response on Tapatalk not notifying me. Anyway, I can't promise what I was thinking would work, just a theory I had. But yes improving it would help greatly. You are looking for the value of the item, not the protection or damage. But improving it does improve the base value. So try improving the item then enchanting it with the most valuable enchantment you can find. Good luck

JClarke1953

Well, I guess either or it'll take some doing. Seems to take three Enchants to move from level to level. I'll just grab the common and petty stones to use I guess, rather than use up my Grand stones.

Thanks again for all of your help. Sure appreciate it!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts