Xbox 360-Pc transfer help.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sann2

Alright so, I've been trying to transfer my Skyrim Xbox 360 saves, to my PC. I know this is possible and have watched/read many tutorials on how to do it, and followed the instructions precisely.

I put all the Xbox saves I want on my USB, use Xtaf to view/export them. Now in the guides I've seen they usually relabel the files they export to a .ess file. I understand this probably has to do with how the system saves or whatever so I do the same.

Now my problem is, after I transfer my saves, they ARE VISIBLE in my load game menu on PC. But when I go to load them it gives me an error saying my saves "This save cannot be loaded because it is outdated. The version is 0 and the current version is 8."

Now the way I see it there are 2 possible problems, I'm transferring the files in the wrong save format or I'm exporting them incorrectly. So if anyone knows how to fix this or has any tips, please do release them. :)

EDIT: PROBLEM RESOLVED.
Basically you REQUIRE Modio, a converting software. Even if you can't load directly from your USB device onto it (the problem I had and alot of people do) you can extract it from xtaf and then load onto modio to convert from your computers saves.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
That or your patch version on the xbox 360 is not the same as the patch version on the PC. Patch 1.3 is out for PC, but not for the xbox yet.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well that was in the instructions I provided you in the other post. I thought you were following it step by step :p.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts