WTF-I wants Theives Guild to be mine!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kage

Excuse the obnoxious title. Anyway, I'm unsure as to whether or not this is a bug, but how in the seven hells do you become the Thieves Guild Master?

I did the main quest line first, then started doing some sides quests, but I don't want to go any further until I know if I'm bugged or not.

After the final main story arch quest in the Thieves Guild, is Brynjof supposed to talk to you? He told me good job and everything, but then he just keeps saying he's busy, it that supposed to happen?

If I don't get any help, I'm probably going to eliminate the Thieves Guild, If I can't be it's master, then it can't exist.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You need to do several jobs in each major city to get a special assignment to get control in that area, after doing all the major cities, you'll get the guild master title and the black thieves guild outfit.

So five jobs in each major city. The ones you get from Delvin and Vex.

HaxAras

All The Websites I Read Mention A Way To Find Out How Many Jobs You've Done For A Hold But Nobody Is Descriptive.

Thanks To DrunkenMage It's Confirmed To Be Vex's And The Other Guys Jobs. ( All The Other Douchebags Left That Bit Out.)

But I Still Have No Idea How Many Jobs I've Done, Have To Do Or Where. Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You'll know if you've done enough jobs for any of the cities when Delvin gives you a special assignment for the city. Complete one for each of the capital cities (except Riften), and complete Darkness Returns and the next and final quest will be your appointment as Guild Master.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
A good idea is to save before asking for a job, then if it's in riften (which is already under thieves guild control) or in any city you have already "taken back", reload the save and ask again.
But don't get too excited about becoming guild master, everyone still treats you like crap, and after the ceremony, Brynjof goes back to his "busy" phrase. But you do get an amulet that makes persuading people extremely easy.

Gowsh

Old Fart
If you get a Thieve's Guild quest you don't want to do, you can just quit it by talking to Vex or Delvin, depending.

Although they cuss you out a little, there's no lasting penalty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts