• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

allthecats22

All of the tutorials I have watched have shown that skse.silverlock.org has two links: http://skse.silverlock.org/download.skse_1_06_13.7z (readme). Then, the tutorials proceed to tell you how to unzip the files.

However, when I go to skse.silverlock.org, I see five links: installer 7zarchive (readme, whatsnew, latest forum thread). I clicked on the installer, and supposedly it installed SKSE into my files w/o me needing to transfer any files myself.

In my Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> SteamApps -> common -> Skyrim folder I see a few new files: skse_1_9_32.dll, skse_loader, skse_steam_loader.dll, skse_readme, skse_whatsnew. I also see new .pex files in the Data -> Scripts folder.

The readme still tells me that I need to copypaste the .dll, .exe, .pex, & .psc files.

I clicked on the SKSE loader for Skyrim and the game loaded & played alright.

Did SKSE download correctly? Do I need to do anything else?

allthecats22

Uh oh. I reloaded the game and a SkyUI error popped up saying that SKSE wasn't running. I also can't move my character or the camera. :sadface:

Nighthiker77

It is a manual install. There's a few script files that have to be moved to the right place for it to work.

Unless the installer is something new.

Also, if it worked once, you might have it installed correctly, but you have to start skyrim with the SKSE launcher with steam active. If you try to start it from steam, Skyrim will run but SKSE won't be active and any mods that use it won't run right.

allthecats22

Ok, it was a problem w/ the installer. After downloading 7-zip to extract the files from the archive I downloaded, I was able to copypaste all the files. Don't use the installer!! :)

allthecats22

Just kidding. The installer wasn't the problem. Or any of my mods. I still can't move my character or the camera or jump or anything. :sadface: I'm gonna redo a new game & see if that does the trick. I just started anyway.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts