Would there be a reason to enroll a Battlemage in the Companions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jake Johnson

See topic.

I am playing as a Battlemage this time, with these main foci: Destruction - Frost spells, Restoration, Smithing (Heavy Armor side), Heavy Armor, Illusion, Enchanting, and Alchemy (restore health, stamina, magicka potions and "decrease spell cost" potions only.)

Seeing as this character is focused on attacking via magic instead of by swinging a weapon over and over, should I enroll him in the Companions, or should I just build spells and join the College of Winterhold?

JoeReese

If you have a definite desire to join, you could RP it in the sense that, though the Companions don't ordinarily have much use for magic, Kodlak sees in you something special and realizes that it may be precisely what they need at this moment in time.

If it's not that important to you, you may seek the college as a closer fit to a destruction mage, with enchanting and alchemy, and just seek a heavy armor trainer elsewhere.

I believe (don't quote me) the forgewife at Dushnik Yal is one.

Jake Johnson

The Companions really aren't important to my Sub-Zero Battlemage.

His path:

(Sneak into the Companions hall and swipe that one Unusual Gem there...)

College of Winterhold (and wear Morokei's Mask - only Light Armor he will wear!)
Thieves' Guild
Dark Brotherhood

Main Game

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
Companions are kind of like the Fighter's Guild from oblivion, so a weapon would be handy but it is up to you, you could RP it. You were wandering around in the wilds and the companions saved your but from a monster in the wild, i have seen the companions in some of the wierdest places lol. after they saved you you decided to check them out, maybe you liked their HA they were wearing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts