words to shouts not being learned (ps3)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ebsin

I'm having problems with non main story shouts unlocking. I recently learned the second word to the slow time shout in the Hags den. I went through the shout menu to spend my dragons' soul respectively and it didn't show that I had learned the second part, even though I had gone through the animation of learning the word and whatnot. I also found the location of the third word of the shout during that quest for the stormcloak's to get the crown. When I approached the location of the word I could hear the beginning chanting music when I got there but it wouldn't unlock. Has anyone else had this problem? and is there anything I can do to correct it?

P.S. This is also happening with other words to other shouts not upgrading past the first word.

styles1178

having the same problem so i statred a new game. In the new game i was able to learn two words but the third word for slow time in hags end won't let me learn the word. i think its a bug with hags end. because in my first game that was my second slow time word and i couldn't learn it. in my new game it was my third word but i still can't learn the shout. and i am playing on the 360.

beny_man

Maybe you don't have a dragon soul but more likely it's a bug or corrupted file that came about from not quitting the game properly. I got a lot of added bug and glitches by doing this a lot you have to save the game in a new file slot before quitting the game this should fix glitch and others hop this helps. Oh I'm playing on PS3 on this platform there are a lot of bugs and glitches i hop they come out with updates and patches.

styles1178

Maybe you don't have a dragon soul but more likely it's a bug or corrupted file that came about from not quitting the game properly. I got a lot of added bug and glitches by doing this a lot you have to save the game in a new file slot before quitting the game this should fix glitch and others hop this helps. Oh I'm playing on PS3 on this platform there are a lot of bugs and glitches i hop they come out with updates and patches.

does this fix work on the 360.

beny_man

<does this fix work on the 360.> style1178

Should do but i don't have Xbox 360 so i don't know for sure

Jeff31

Premium Member
I'm having problems with non main story shouts unlocking. I recently learned the second word to the slow time shout in the Hags den. I went through the shout menu to spend my dragons' soul respectively and it didn't show that I had learned the second part, even though I had gone through the animation of learning the word and whatnot. I also found the location of the third word of the shout during that quest for the stormcloak's to get the crown. When I approached the location of the word I could hear the beginning chanting music when I got there but it wouldn't unlock. Has anyone else had this problem? and is there anything I can do to correct it?

P.S. This is also happening with other words to other shouts not upgrading past the first word.

If it's unlocked it will be clickable with x or a key on the keyboard then by hiting the corresponding key will release the shout. I have the console version I have to hit x to unlock it also at the bottom right of the shout page it list how many dragon souls I currently have.​

styles1178

this message is for people responding to my word wall problem. i know how to unlock shouts by using dragon souls. my problem is a bug in the game. that happens in hags end. if u are having the same problem and fixed it or have any ideas on fixing the problem please reply.

MUS1CmanDAN

I am having the exact same problem, except I cant learn the other two words to Elemental Fury. I learned the first one no problem. Then when I went to the word wall to learn the second word (Battle), I saw that it gave me the third word (Grace) instead. And when I go into my Shouts there isnt anything to unlock in Elemental Fury. Then I went to see if I could learn the second word from the last word wall, but no words light up or anything, and all I hear is the chanting sound. Kind of ticks me off, I assume its some sort of bug, but when can we expect it to be fixed.

lawrence

I can't obtain the shout from the wall at the end of Hags End. The music for a shout is playing but then when I get up close the audio crashing (like scratchy noise). I'm playing on the XBOX 360 SLIM. Please fix!!!...

lawrence

having the same problem so i statred a new game. In the new game i was able to learn two words but the third word for slow time in hags end won't let me learn the word. i think its a bug with hags end. because in my first game that was my second slow time word and i couldn't learn it. in my new game it was my third word but i still can't learn the shout. and i am playing on the 360.
I have the same problem!!!... Waiting for patch to fix.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts