Words of Power (possible spoilers but not really)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Meowkitty

Hey everyone!

So while I'm waiting for the Miraak glitch to be fixed I decided to create another character. I'm incredibly happy I did because now I get to experience some of my favorite quests again. However, I'm having trouble with the words of power.

I was going to the Greybeards and having them send me to words which was going great along with the random guy sending me notes directing me to other words. Then I got send to Arcwind Point by the note and after I discovered the word the quest didn't leave my log or get marked as completed. Then I went to another word wall and after I absorbed that word it randomly said that Arcwind Point was completed. Well, then I went to the Greybeards to get another word and they sent me back to Arcwind Point! So now I can't possibly complete it, and going to another word wall doesn't make it completed like it did before. I tried reloading, going to other walls, going back to the Greybeards, but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone? I know I can just go online and easily find a list of where the words are located, but I like having it as a quest to complete.

Another thing is now I haven't gotten any more notes either and I'm not close to finding all the words. Not sure if that's related to this or not.

Thanks!

JClarke1953

It is. Arcwind Point has been a thorn to almost everyone on these Forums since LAST Spring! I ran into the bug repeatedly, and got very little help from Bethesda. They said something about conflicts, especially for the Dismay shouts (there are two that work differently, but not by much), and Marked for Death was also mentioned.

So, if you can, go back to any saves before Arcwind Point as far as you want to deal with, and don't return to Arcwind, ever. Make frequent saves in dungeon's or whatever, especially after a fight of battle. Make saves before exiting and after exiting any ruins or dungeons, so when Arngier does give you Arcwind Point, you can go back, and possibly get a different location to go to.

Also, keep in mind that when you decide to go after Alduin, Arngier will tell you the Word you get from them to get to Paarthurnax will be the last gift you get from them. So either or, when Arcwind Point comes up from Arngier, reverse as far as you can handle, try him again. If you get Arcwind, reverse to before seeing him, and then figure you're pretty much on your own for the Word's.

And I'm going to try what I read in another section. Goggle the location's, go there and get the Word's.

Meowkitty

Ahhhh, so at least it isn't something that was just plaguing me!

I already tried going back before the original Arcwind Point, and it did the same thing again. I save constantly because I've been burned before by not saving all the time!

I had gone around and gotten random words on my own before, so I guess that's what I'll have to do. As long as it doesn't affect the actual outcome of the game or real quests, then I'm fine.

Wait, it doesn't have an affect on actual quests, does it?!

MrDSL

I hate this bug!!

I havent noticed it effects any quest except for the fact you cant get anymore help finding words of power.

Meowkitty

Well, I can certainly deal with that. At least this isn't as awful of a glitch as what's going on with Miraak!

Thanks so much for the help!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts