Word of Power HELP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GJB2121

Hi, can somebody please help..Im having a problem getting the 3rd Shout.."Learn Word of Power from Wulfgar" I went to wulfgar and gave him the horn, he then presented me the words on the floor..It is glowing on the floor and they are all standing around it, but for some reason i cant learn it...I have tried starring at it for minutes, move from side to side..nothing works..please help

Have you tried reloading your last save? Doing that seems to fix a lot of bugs in the game like this. Is this the part where they teach you the "Clear Skies" shout to travel to the Throat of the World? If so, maybe you need to read all the words from left to right? I'm not sure, I have never heard of this.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
You need to place yourself in front of Wulfgar and try 'talking' to him. He needs to share his knowledge of the word with you (this is how you learn them without using up a dragon soul).

Make sure it's Wulfgar you're in front of and not Argneir (who is the actual guy who takes the horn).

Oh wait, I'm a fool. If you just returned the horn, this is the remaining words of Unrelenting Force. I would suggest loading your last save. That's all I really know. I will look at the wiki for you.

GJB2121

Its the horn of wind caller, the 3rd word of power..But yes ive tried that and i got back and they just stand around it and do nothing

Hmm, there were no bugs listed on the wiki for this. So the word is on the ground, and you haven't learned the word at all. And reloading a save didnt help? Man I'm stumped

GJB2121

Ive tried that raven, he just waves his arms over the glowing words on floor, and then nothing happens..I tried talking to all of them and they just stand there..

And the quest journal still says "Learn the word of power from Wulfgar?" Poop, this would be easier if I could see what was going on haha. You probably need someone with more brain power than me to help you haha! :confused:

GJB2121

Yes, it stills says "learn word of power from wulfgar"..and Thank you anyways the_deadlie, any help im thankful for.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Here's one note in the bugs section of the UESP entry you might try:

Master Wulfgar may not teach you the last word for the shout Unrelenting Force and will bow at you when you try to talk to him. A solution is to go outside and close the big gate that you had to use Whirlwind Sprint with. The Greybeards will then follow you inside and you can learn the final word of the shout.

GJB2121

Yes Raven i read that before also, but thats if he hasnt took the horn from you and before he put the glowing words on the ground..I've got them to come inside and take the horn from me and said they were gonna teach me the power, but i for some reason cant read/absorb the glowing lettering on the floor.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried leaving and coming back? Just exiting the High Hrothgar building and coming back in?

GJB2121

Yes, i actually went and did other quests and have like 5 more hrs of time played and went back and its still same thing.

GJB2121

Ive seen that many people have had problems with this, but usually its the cant get wulfgar to put the lettering on the floor or even talk to them..But he actually took the horn from me and said he was going to teach me and put it on the ground..but for some reasoni cannot absorb/ read it..

Have you tried leaving and coming back? Just exiting the High Hrothgar building and coming back in?
That's what I was going to say next haha. Wow, it looks like you have tried just about everything. Sheesh

Solitude

Inactive
yeah that happens all the time to me ( on ps3 ) but i just start mashing the controller buttons and it works :p

Hope that helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts