PS3 Wooden Mask, it's Gone!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ironclad

So I have cleared the MQ and thought i'd slay the Dragon Priests for their masks, the only really serious quest that I can see that's left.

Now, back aaaaages ago I tried on the Wooden Mask for the hell of it, I knew what it did anyway, then afterwards I took it off. But I was so laden with goods from Labyrinthian I thought I'd just leave it where I found it, on the floor by the note & the crumbling DP statue thing. I mean, who'd want a crappy wooden mask anyway, right?
So here I am, level 51. I charge back to Labyrinthianwith all my power Masks.. gone. IT'S GONE!! Where is it?? I've travelled to all my homes, just in case. Nadda. I travelled back to the Sanctum, still not there.. wft?!
I guess there is no way to code it in, being a console player. But if this item respawns it has had weeks, the entire game really.
What can I do??

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
As far as I can tell from UESP, this area doesn't respawn. Are you sure you didn't sell it?

sizly

i had the same problem, i had read a way that if you drop another one of your mask (in my opinion Nahkriin) in the same location as you dropped your wooden mask, and fast travel somewhere and fast travel back to the labryntian thing, your mask would move a few inches and the wooden mask would be there. i tried this, and it didnt work the first 3 times. at the last try, i just gave up, and threw a tantrum and throwing fireballs all over the place. i think at this point i picked up my Nahkriin mask and paused the game for over an hour, and started browsing the internet. after i un-paused, i looked around in desperation in case its there. and just when i was about to give up hope , i spotted it. it took me over another half hour to understand how the hell did i do that.it was under the skeletons leg. i hoped this helped and i forgot to mention im on the PS3 as well.
EDIT
I forgot to mention that i picked up the note, the quill and the dagger.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I would try fireball spamming the place to scatter the mess to try to find it.

sizly

Wooden Mask - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
in the bugs it says -
PC 360 PS3 "It is possible to lose the Wooden Mask forever if it's dropped on the ground or in an interior such as a house. When doing so, the mask may disappear when the player leaves the area and will be impossible to reclaim on console versions of the game." This is not true because mine re-appeared.

I just witnessed this dilemma as I too dropped the mask trying to leave it with the skeleton cause it seemed convenient to do so, it is not. So I returned at one point to add a mask, and the wooden mask had vanished. I did not have nakhrin mask so I dropped rahgot in place, traveled and back, nothing. I then read of spamming fireballs into place, this is the solution. If anyone else looses there mask at labyrinthian, spam fireballs, it will re appear. I play 360 and it worked for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts