Witcher 3 Getting Expansion That's "Better Than The Main Game"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
Now I know you're all thrilled with how The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt turned out, but this expansion is going to be better than TEN SUPER BOWLS! I'm not the one overselling it, he is....and by "he" I mean Jakub Szamalek, senior writer for the game. He was interviewed by an Italian website, which was partially translated by OnlySP.

According to Jakob, the expansion -- which is called "Blood and Wine" -- has "achieved something even better than the main game.” He wasn't specific, but if we can take anything away from the interview's tone, he might be referring to an improved storyline. He speaks of a more “charismatic enemy” Gerald will be facing, which is part of a more complex story “players will appreciate.”

Jakob says this will be Geralt's final story. It's unclear whether that means there will be any future expansions revolving around other characters, or if this is it until Witcher 4 in 2027. "Blood and Wine" will be released sometime within the first half of 2016.
View the Post on the Blog

Vegito123

It will be nice to see some side adventures like the first game had and enjoyed playing the extra ones and was quite shocked that there were not side adventures in the second game would of given new players a chance to explore the Witcher 2 universe, and also meet characters in the game and enjoy doing short quests not available in the main game. I wonder how the expansion will play out and will be nice to see an extended story and hope we see Yennefer or Triss in it as Geralt seems to bond with Yennefer and Triss is just a girl who he passes the time with or just with her for a short term romance. I think the graphics will be improved and hope to see the elves or dwarves in the expansion and see how they are doing and have the relations between the humans and nonhumans improved or got worse like in the first game you had a rebel group who were slaying humans no mercy was shown like leaving them to die in the cave.

rz3300

I am always cautious when I hear claims that a new version is better than the original. Often times it is a couple o things that are improved, with big selling points, at the expense of losing some other features and the lack of upgrade to some. I always just have to wait and see for what the users and reviews are saying about the version.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts