Winterhold requirement

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am heading to Winterhold, to try an become more proficient as a mage. I understand there are some tests I need to pass before I can enroll. Is there a minimum level that is needed (suggested) before applying? I don't want to spend days getting there, only to find I stand no chance at all of being accepted.

thanks

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
You'll be accepted, when you arrive you're tested based on the type of magic you want to use, you'll then have to cast a low level spell of that school, if you don't know the spell required you will be taught it on the spot.

You'll be accepted, when you arrive you're tested based on the type of magic you want to use, you'll then have to cast a low level spell of that school, if you don't know the spell required you will be taught it on the spot.

I understand that: the question is, how low level is the needed spell?

kyln

If only I cared
You'll need enough mana to cast Fear. Which is approx 130~. So, deviate your level accordingly.

And indeed, it is a great story line.

Doomy

If you dont have the required spell (it is random) they will even teach it to you very cheaply

kyln

If only I cared
They will teach you the spell, for a small fee, but like I said, have roughly around 130-140 mana to not run into any issues.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
It always makes me laugh when the wizards in the College talk about the 'new extra-stringent extra-safe entry requirements and tests' to keep out the common rabble. Yeah, getting applicants to cast a spell that you've just taught them for like 30 gold - really thorough application process.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Seems they will give /sell you a random spell upon arrival, save before going up the steps and reload if needed, i recommend the Flame Atronach!

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Wow, you got Flame Atronach? That's pretty lucky. I always seem to get ruddy Magelight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts