Spoiler Winterhold guards randomly attack me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JimTheGreat

So here's the deal.I completed the Innocence Lost quest and I'm trying to comlete the J'Zargo's Experiment quest.I travel to Winterhold College to complete the quest,after I've tested his scrolls on 3 undead.I enter the Hall of Attainment and talk to J'Zargo.I get him to follow me(trying to complete Discerning the Transmundane quest).When I exit Hall of Attaintment,a dragon attacks the College.I kill him using the Dragonbane.Just before I reach Winterhold to get my horse,a Courier approaches me.At the same time two guards order me to surrender,but there isn't a pay my bounty option,only go to jail or resist.I choose to resist and at the same time a dialogue starts with the courier who hands me the Dark Brotherhood note(We know).In the meantime, the guards are attacking me.I'm level 14 and there's no chance I'm gonna defeat the guards,so I run,while J'Zargo follows me.I mange to get away from the guards and fast travel to Whiterun(the only place I find safe.)So,anyway,why did the guards attack me?Was it the Dark Brotherhood note?Was it the Dragon I killed?(guards have never attacked me for killing a Dragon before.)Was it something else I've done?I don't have a lot of interactions with Winterhold,so I don't think that's the problem.Please answer.Sorry for the long post,I just wanted to make sure that every detail is known.

http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j...9K75GzBNZnvyGKGYA&sig2=7NjN8HMEJc8SLVrIgU-JRQ

http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j...9K75GzBNZnvyGKGYA&sig2=7NjN8HMEJc8SLVrIgU-JRQ

Necromis

I suspect that when you were fighting the dragon you must have accidentally hit one of the guards or towns people, causing you to have a bounty even though it didn't show in the dialog. If you go back if they try to attack you immediately unsheath and sheath your weapon, go to jail and that should fix it. Only other option is to go to a save prior to the dragon attack and be more careful this time thru.

Luke7050

Well first of all have you tried restarting the game at your last save spot before the guards started attacking you.

JimTheGreat

I don't really think I attacked anyone,as it happened within the College's courtyard.And I don't really care about the guards attacking,I just want to learn why.

Necromis

unless you are experiencing a new bug that hasn't effected many others, at least to cause them to post it. It had to be due to hitting someone or stealing something and gettins spotted. An area of effect spell or arrow, or missed swing when others are up close to the dragon can end up hitting an NPC. If you check your bounty you should be able to find out what it was that caused it. If not you have a brand new bug.

JimTheGreat

Well,I used only my Dragonbane,but J'Zargo was using Sparks spell.If an NPC got hit, he should've caused it.IDK,can you get bounty because of your follower?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You're responsible for your follower's actions, but they are generally good at not hitting the wrong target with friendly fire, especially with a spell like Sparks which doesn't have any area of effect spillover damage.

Did you check your Crimes tab?

JimTheGreat

You're responsible for your follower's actions, but they are generally good at not hitting the wrong target with friendly fire, especially with a spell like Sparks which doesn't have any area of effect spillover damage.

Did you check your Crimes tab?
Crimes tab?

Dagmar

It's part of your general window (the same one you call up to read your quest journal). There are 3 tabs at the top. The center one is General and on that tab the Crime tab is at the side bottom. It will show any open bounties and indicate which Hold the bounty is for.

JimTheGreat

It's part of your general window (the same one you call up to read your quest journal). There are 3 tabs at the top. The center one is General and on that tab the Crime tab is at the side bottom. It will show any open bounties and indicate which Hold the bounty is for.
Thanks for telling me!

JimTheGreat

Turns out my Bounty in Winterhold is 2040 Septims and that's why there wasn't a Pay option,as I only had 1070 Septims at that time.But the question remains,why am I wanted in Winterhold?

Dagmar

1,000 septims is the bounty for murder or turning into a Werewolf so you've done one or the other twice or both once in the Hold. Note that bounties are for the entire Hold so if you turned into a Werewolf anywhere in the Hold where it was witnessed you would have incurred a bounty and, although it's stupid, domesticated animals count as witnesses so if you turned into a werewolf or killed a non-hostile NPC in front of a chicken or a horse you would have incurred a bounty.

40 septims is for assault.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts