Windows 8 Keyboard Control Glitch?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

newfers

hi folks,

I have been hooked on Skyrim for just a few months now, and love it! It ran beautifully on my Windows 7 PC, in high quality, without a hint of lag. I tried many of the mods as well, which "fix"ed some of the minor annoyances of the game...

I installed Windows 8 when it came out on the 26th, and have really enjoyed the new OS. There are minor issues, but generally, I like the Operating System...

However, upon trying to play Skyrim, I've run into strange issues. My character seems to get stuck to the floor...there's a jerkiness when I attempt to walk in the game...sometimes it is smooth, but then he will seem to get stuck, and then move a little...and then he's stuck again. If I press "space" to jump, he will often jump, and then continue moving in one direction, even when I am not touching the keyboard. It's made the game unplayable! I've tried uninstalling Steam/Skyrim, removed all save game folders, of course I tried removing all the mods first.

This is beyond frustrating, and I don't know what else to do. My drivers are all up to date, and the game seems to look great, but the controls seem to be the issue. I've unchecked the option for the 360 Controller, and I'm 100% certain that my keyboard works fine (I'm using it now).

I'm THIS close to reinstalling Windows 7, so that I can play my favorite game!!!

HELP, Oh wise ones! You're my only hope!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts