Windhelm house, blood ice

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, I know there has been aloot about this damn quest.
I have been scrolling and reading through the internet for days straight without finding a solution.. and I REALLY want that house..
So, my problem is that I can't start the blood on the ice (or something) quest..at all..

I have checked my days and only 210 has passed, so I haven't reached 245 yet. Also I have been fast traveling, running, going with horse carriages and so on during both night and day to windhelm. Running in circles by the graveyard to see if the scene wanna start. Taken the key of tovas body (I haven't done that quest for dark brotherhood I think.. she was dead but her daughter alive) went in to the house and took both journals, the watch out for the butcher stuff and tried every investigation thing. Talked to every single guard in the city, and every citizen. Finished all the quests in the city, including main story and stormcloaks story. (Lol I don't even like the stormcloaks I just joined to get the house) I have been doing everything!! Not even the amulet is helping with any quest it's not even a questitem!?!?!? Wtf!? Gaaah

Bretto

If you've started the Dark Brotherhood questline it's possible you won't be able to get the house at all, sorry.

Also possible that if Tova is already dead, you can't start the quest, according to the uesp wiki page on the quest.

I've started the quest before the graveyard scene by just going into Hjerim, investigating around, grabbing the journals, amulet, and "beware the butcher" posters......after that I talked to either Viola or Jorlief.

If you're on pc you could also start the quest using console commands. Press ~ to open the console, then type (without quotation marks) "resetquest MS11" or "setstage MS11 10"

(Btw how do you check how many in-game days has passed?)

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Just so you know, completing the Civil War questline will automatically give you the option to buy the house whether you choose Imperials or Stormcloaks. However, if you still want to do the quest I don't mine helping.

Like Bretto said, going to the house and unlocking the door will skip the majority of the quest. However, doing it this way will basically make it to where you have to do the quest with little to no leads.

Get the journal and amulet from the house and go to Claxito's house to sell him the amulet. Then go talk to Viola about the journal. She'll tell you to talk to Jorlief. Instead, go and talk to Wuunferth in the castle. This will create a huge shortcut in the quest. After you finish talking to him, go to the marketplace and wait until like 8-9pm. You'll see him attacking some elf woman. Stop him if you wish. Take the amulet (remember to sell it to Claxito beforehand or you won't be able to get this) and let Jorlief know of the murderer. Quest completed.

I thougt so tio, tht i would br able to buy it anyways after finishing The questline but he says he cant sell it right now becaude of something..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts