Will this computer run skyrim on Ultra?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mannulus

Article Writer
Oh yeah, with that XFX Radeon HD 7870, you are guaranteed quality xD. Bet ya the majority of that pricetag is from that monster of a GPU. HDD seems a bit small for this modern age, however. Especially with mods that could quickly suck up space. RAM looks good, you could always add more later. Everything looks great :D

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Nice machine.

8 cores in an unlocked AMD CPU.
An ATI Radeon HD 7870...

You might want to get a WD Caviar blue drive for that extra space. It only has a 120GB SD, if you loading lots of games an extra drive is advisable. A Seagate 1TB barracuda is nice for this too.

Other than that... Shes got it all. ;)

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Wouldn't it be cheaper to build a computer of the same parts? It might save you 100/200$. Possibly more than that. Though I could be wrong.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Nice. You might want to go with Win7 though. Unless you have a touch screen Win8 is a waste. Buggy too.

Petron

I have almost the same PC (cpu, gpu and memory) and it runs 1920*1080 pretty smooth. Though i didnt found any difference if Skyrim installed on my WD Caviar Blue HDD or Corsair GT SSD.

WVUbeerman

I got ripped off on my Apple
I am looking in to buying a new gaming computer. I am currently using a laptop that needs upgrading. Will this computer run skyrim on ultra settings? Smoothly I mean. Here is the computer I'm talking about:

NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

Hope someone knows, I really like the feel of pc gaming compared to Xbox. Especially with all the extra customization a PC has to offer (mods, commands, etc).
look on tigerdirect they have some great deals on computer bundles and you can save and just put it together yourself

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked and Corsair Hydro H70 CORE Liquid CPU Cooler and EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 Video Card a Bundle at TigerDirect.com

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
If you decide to get the computer WVUbeerman linked to, I would do so now while it has a good deal. Otherwise, if you want the same build and it later jumps back to its original price, build it yourself. It will cost around 780$, rather than the 1000$. And buy from Newegg as much as you can. They generally have better prices, better support and return policy if something ever goes wrong.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
When building a system, it's not just the cost of hardware, but also the cost of software. This is where the PC maker has an advantage.

the hunted

Soul Reaper
Please can you see what you think of these parts, How well would they play skyrim and on what settings.
Radeon HD 7850 2gb GPU
AMD FX 8 core 8350 4.00Ghz processor
8gb RAM
An informed opinion would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Please can you see what you think of these parts, How well would they play skyrim and on what settings.
Radeon HD 7850 2gb GPU
AMD FX 8 core 8350 4.00Ghz processor
8gb RAM
An informed opinion would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

I aint no expert by any means but that will be fine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts