• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think it could be the last DLC with a quest line. Future DLCs might have bonus content however, such as more weapons, armor, monsters, character design options, etc. That's what I've really been waiting for anyway. More expansion of the normal game's aspects.

doubt it, there probably will be more. They do have to keep on entertaining fans for the next 5 years or so until the next TES game comes out

Saozig

Hippy
They'd be fools not to milk Skyrim for what it's worth. despite whatever bugs and player grievances there are, the popularity of the game is holding steady and that has only added to Bethesda's standing in the industry. They have a golden opportunity right now to develop DLCs--experience they can apply to other games to help market them and retain fan loyalty to those games.

Besides, one thing that has me very excited about Dragonborn is that there are indicators in it that suggest they have been listening to the fans and are trying to make a DLC that will make the fans happy, not just make them more money. If they are willing to listen to the fans and try to please them, I certainly hope they don't stop now!

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
Well im sure they will end up making another one nut they used all there Ideas from that week where they did whatever they wanted, we'll probably see a few more Hearthfires until there ready to drop another huge one

KattSand

Premium Member
In don't think this was the last dlc, Bethesda said this when dragonborn was released:

"The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it's driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we've ever released - including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, 'Dawnguard' and 'Hearthfire',"

"And we're still not done - we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!"

'Skyrim' Dragonborn DLC confirmed for PS3, PC - Gaming News - Digital Spy

Haru17

Lost Falmer
In don't think this was the last dlc, Bethesda said this when dragonborn was released:

"The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it's driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we've ever released - including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, 'Dawnguard' and 'Hearthfire',"

"And we're still not done - we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!"

'Skyrim' Dragonborn DLC confirmed for PS3, PC - Gaming News - Digital Spy

Thank you for quoting this. I've debated this point with certain forum users in the past and I've been certain that Skyrim would reach at least 3 major DLCs, and maybe even more. Finding this article a few days ago confirmed my suspicions. Now hopefully some Atmora, Falmer, or Dwemer themed DLC.

zane

It also helps that Bethesda has the right to use mods made by users. So some of these mods are possible to show up as real DLC.

I do believe it is said that some of the code in HearthFire was based off the base coding of the guy who made the build your own house mod.

so as for major DLC, i would love for the Elswyre idea, as well as other lands as well. We do know that they'll likely have a DLC that goes too, or close to Cyrodil :D

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
"For Fallout 3 we did fice DLCs. The was a very aggressive path for us. OUt plan now is to take moer time, to have more meat on them (For Skyrim). They'll feel closer to an expansion pack. With Fallout 3, it was, 'Ten dollar is the sweet spot for us and we know we want to put out five of them. And we had overlapping teams. We were coming off Fallout 3 and right back in.

We just think we can do better content if we approach it a different way."

-Todd Howard

(I CAN'T PUT THE BLODDY LINK TO THE ARTICLE IN THE DISCRIPTION.... -_-)
http://www. playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/17/todd-howard-talks-skyrim-dlc-“they’ll-feel-closer-to-an-expansion-pack”/

There we go.. Kind of :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts