Will My Pc Run TESO Well?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
1st of all, I am not a big computer nerd and I scrape through with only knowing the basics. I have a computer that I'm hoping will support the TESO game and run it without too many issues. I may need a graphics card upgrade (or wateva you call it) but I'm hoping my processor is good enough not to make me wanna shoot my Pc after 30minutes of online gaming.

My fear is that I fork out the $100+ for the game, subscribe to it, get really excited and than realize that I really should have invested more into the Pc OR just buy a Ps4 (which is a very real possibility).

My Pc Specs (please just ask if its not detailed enough..or just plain wrong and I will post more info If I can find it):

Windows Vista Home Edition
Processor - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E1400 @ 2.00 GHz
Memory (RAM) - 2.00GB
System Type - 32-bit Operating System

Thank You :)

OneCannotSimply

PresidentGrogg
You really should invest more in a PC, or buy a PS4. If you were to buy upgrades for your PC, what would your budget be?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
you coul play eso perfectly on minimum or low preferably minimum low may give you some lag

tx12001

playing ESO on minium settings is what someone would call staring at a screen drunk or tired that's what the game will look like on those settings but it is playable you might need a bit more RAM though at least double what it has currently also you would probably need to play on a lower then default resolution

tx12001

ever watched a real old TV show that is in 240p or something well that's what you can suspect to witness on miniumun settings

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
As far as I'm concerned, no one can tell you yes or no because you didn't offer your GPU, so please explain what GPU you have.

That being said, your dualcore is somewhat old, and 2GB RAM is barely enough for an OS (especially with Vista) without a game on top of it. I wouldn't hold your breath.

ESO is unbelievable resource hoggy. With everything on Ultra, I expect my system to get more than ~32FPS. There are lots of settings, so you can change them around to get more frames, but you may have some playability issues.

SaveVsBedWet

Yeah I'd have to agree with everyone on here. If you are trying to run anything like this on PC it's probably not going to be worth it without going (in my estimation) up to at least a Phenom II processor at > 2.5GHz or comparable/greater Intel processor, either 4 or 6 core, at least the GTX620 level of graphics, and 4 preferably 6GB RAM. That ought to get you good not great performance with a medium-high level of detail on most games.

Anything above that in any area, but preferably in CPU and GPU for Elder Scrolls, will yield just that much more performance at a given level of detail. If this is too expensive then your best bet is probably going to be a console.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts