PC Will my PC be able to run Skyrim? Help appreciated.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RedSorghum

Hello, thanks for anyone who is willing to take a look, I was just wondering if my PC will be able to run Skyrim before I go out and buy it.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Abit AB9 QuadGT Motherboard
eVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card
OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR2-800 Ram
Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive

I was told on another website that the above specs will be able to handle Skyrim on medium to high (though it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion), I know that I will probably need to install more RAM if anything. Thanks for any input!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I agree with your other source. You should be able to play on medium to high settings. Probably medium because of the RAM amount and speed. Throw the old RAM stick away and replace it with either one or two 4GB of DDR3 1333 RAM.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No. RAM doesn't do a lot to enhance your performance. It does effect performance while things are rendering in the game so it will improve performance for those moments that would otherwise cause a larger frame rate drop, but generally you'll only see an overall improvement of a few FPS. The effect of upgrades on performance in descending order are graphics card, CPU, (clock speed not cores) and RAM.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts