PC Will my computer run the game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Krandios

Hey guys!

I've been playing the X-box version of Skyrim since the day it came out and thus far have been enjoying the game to its entirety. However, I'm starting to get a little bored of the 'small' amount of content there is in the game compared to the stuff added by mods on the PC. I'd just like to know if my computer, which I admit is hardly the greatest, could run the game even on the lowest settings possible. The specs are (as far as I can work out):

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G530 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. (No idea what that is. That's all it says.)
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio.

I've looked at the requirements for Skyrim but I honestly can't work out if mine matches or falls under them. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Just remember, I am looking at running the game on bare minimum settings anyway, so take that into account on your decisions.

Thanks!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family. (No idea what that is. That's all it says.)
It means you don't have a video card. That's an integrated video chipset. Without knowing the exact version I can't say with certainty, but all of them except the 4000 can't handle Skyrim and, if you can get it to run, the game will have very choppy frame rates and be unstable on the lowest settings with the exception of the 4000 which may provide stable frame rates at low settings.

Krandios

Ugh. I was worried someone would say that, seeing as that's the only idea as to what it meant. It does explain why I can't run any game from after 2005. Well, thanks for the help anyway. I guess I'll have to find out how to actually get a card now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts