Xbox 360 Wife Killed by Thalmor, No Courier Letter

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
Looks like I've finally come across a legit Skyrim forum. Seems a lot better than Yahoo! Answers. Glad to be a part of your community.

First of all, I should go ahead and point out that I own the 360 version of Skyrim, so any questions I have will likely be directed towards other gamers on that platform, since we don't have that nifty little 'console mode' that PC users have that can fix virtually anything.

My in-game wife, Aela, was unfortunately butchered by the Thalmor while exploring some cave (duh). Kind of sad, since she's quite the badass when it comes to archery. Rather than reloading the game, I chose to take back all the valuables I'd given her and move on. I'd went quite the distance without saving my game, so there entails my only mistake. As I understand, you are supposed to receive a "letter of inheritance" from The Courier, along with 100 gold, 24 hours after the death of your spouse. I've waited in both Whiterun, where she's from and in Winterhold, where we lived... No letter, no gold. Which, of course, also means no ability to get remarried and I'm fairly certain that it IS possible.

Anyone else having this problem? Because, I have the distinct feeling that this is another one of Bethesda's incessant arsenal of bugs.

BSE

If you had recently asked her "Has the store made any money" and taken the gold from her, then there may be no inheritance. Hope this helps cuz I dont know another reason.

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
UPDATE: So, even though I've very much accepted the fact that Aela is dead and I just had to be the one to discover a very rare bug that's hardly worth reporting to Bethesda, I recently found something kind of interesting back at Jorrvaskr, in Whiterun. I was shuffling my happy ass through the 'Living Quarters' and just happened to find Aela's room... and there she was, in the middle of her bedroom, on the floor, deader than Elvis.

So, at some point or another, instead of being put in one of those stone coffins and stuffed into Whiterun's burial chamber, the A.I. engine commanded her dead rotten carcass to re-spawn in an incorrect "place of rest." Oh, and btw... still no letter.

StenvarsMemory

Dark Elf
UPDATE: So, even though I've very much accepted the fact that Aela is dead and I just had to be the one to discover a very rare bug that's hardly worth reporting to Bethesda, I recently found something kind of interesting back at Jorrvaskr, in Whiterun. I was shuffling my happy ass through the 'Living Quarters' and just happened to find Aela's room... and there she was, in the middle of her bedroom, on the floor, deader than Elvis.

So, at some point or another, instead of being put in one of those stone coffins and stuffed into Whiterun's burial chamber, the A.I. engine commanded her dead rotten carcass to re-spawn in an incorrect "place of rest." Oh, and btw... still no letter.

I know this isn't a helpful reply but, they way you put all that was hilarious.

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
I know this isn't a helpful reply but, they way you put all that was hilarious.

Well, it was, for all intents and purposes, a hilarious situation. Soon after I made that last post, I fired up the game again and went back into Jorrvaskr... and sitting at the dinner table was a perfectly reincarnated Aela. "We should go hunting sometime," she said. I got scared and took her with me up to my home in Markarth, put a blade in her back, and sent her downstream, literally.

I hope she stays dead this time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts