PS3 Why won't Skyrim fit on my screen...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey,

I recently bought Skyrim for the Playstation 3 and the game won't fit in my screen. I am not sure what's wrong; I've looked through the settings for my television (which is a relatively new TV, HD as well), but I reached no avail! If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please post a comment or message me via Playstation Network (Playstation Network Username/ID - Artythizza).

Thanks for any help!

Happy hunting...!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Go to your PS3's display setting and redo that; see if it works then. Also, if it's a 3D HDTV, it will ask you, assuming you let the PS3 find the display options automatically, what size your screen is. Make sure that's correct.

Go to your PS3's display setting and redo that; see if it works then. Also, if it's a 3D HDTV, it will ask you, assuming you let the PS3 find the display options automatically, what size your screen is. Make sure that's correct.

Thanks so much! It didn't solve my problem but it... Illuminated the road to my solution...? Haha, after talking to Sony's Technical Support I was told that I need to buy an HDMI cable so I can use resolutions beyond my current one. Do you know of any satisfactory HDMI cables for Skyrim?

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Ah! Yeah, the cable makes all the difference! :p

As for cables, the gold plated ones are TECHNICALLY the best, but a machine must be used to tell the difference between the gold plated and normal ones; the human eye cannot tell the difference. I'm using some cheap 20 buck cords I got from a game store a few years ago and they work great.

Amazon.com: hdmi cable

For the most part, you can just pick one to buy by choosing a cord length that works for you. If you have a 3D TV, you'll want to buy one of the high speed HDMI cables that says it supports 3D.

Ah! Yeah, the cable makes all the difference! :p

As for cables, the gold plated ones are TECHNICALLY the best, but a machine must be used to tell the difference between the gold plated and normal ones; the human eye cannot tell the difference. I'm using some cheap 20 buck cords I got from a game store a few years ago and they work great.

Amazon.com: hdmi cable

For the most part, you can just pick one to buy by choosing a cord length that works for you. If you have a 3D TV, you'll want to buy one of the high speed HDMI cables that says it supports 3D.

I've never really been too fond of 3D televisions... I'd much rather prefer having my dragons stay inside the game. ^_^

I'll have to pick one up, soon!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts