• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
try Derkeethus, he's awesome and literally CAN NOT DIE because he's an essential character. Click on his name in my sig

Lol this reminds me of a time when i was Archmage at the college and Onmund was practicing flames on the wall in the Hall of the elements, and i used steadfast ward on him, I ran out of magicka and he hit me. My follower got PISSED (Mjoll and Meeko, ahhh, the family i would always want, a tom boyish girl and a dog) she chased him around and around the hall and then she killed Onmund :'(

Haplo

dude i went to do the quest for the burned down house and the jarl sent a whole group of townsmen with me to kill all the vampires in this cave but when we got there they didnt even come in with me

GayGoblin

I'm the One who Stole Your Sweetroll
Hunting with a Follower might be the stupidest mistake you can make. You'll land one arrow in an Elk's arse and the next thing you know Lydia is screaming "I'LL KILL YOU!" and chasing an Elk around with an axe.

This fight will go on for ages if you don't somehow manage to intervene and shoot the Elk. And if Lydia somehow does manage to hack at the Elk, it'll probably be overkill and the next thing you know the Elk is on fire ._.

Saerath

The only time I use followers now is if I can train from them, and get my money back. I left Lydia in Breezeholm and had to talk myself out of trying to set fire to it with her locked inside.

My favorite follower incident was when I had Delphine and Esbern following me to Sky Haven Temple. Certain they were behind me, I charged a dragon that was in the distance only to discover they had teleported to Karthspire and were fighting the forsworn there.

MMZephyr

Hmm. I might just get a mod to let me carry infinite amounts of equipment so I don't have to keep a follower just for the sake of being a pack mule. Honestly that's the only use I can think of for a follower. If you need someone to take hits for you while you fight, use conjuration and get a flame atronarch or something.

SprSynJn

I find it challenging to keep Lydia alive while I try and cast spells around her. The more powerful I get though, the more she dies. I might have to start going solo unless I can find someone who will keep a distance from whom I'm attacking. That will require me becoming a tank I suppose.

aaust12

Born In a Cornfield
In Fallout followers were actually useful in combat (Mainly because VATS was pretty much the only way to kill anything lol) but in Skyrim they are useless. On my 1st character I took Lydia with me everywhere, learned my lesson pretty quick and she now sits back at the house 24/7. My heavy armor wearing Orc can't loot much so I do miss the pack mule effect, but overall my experience is much less frustrating without having to look back every 10 seconds to see if my stupid follower is actually following.

ShaDoWzZ

Dark Lord of Skyrim
"Lets go lydia, there is a giant right up the road ahead and i would like for you to sneak with m..." "NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE!!!":bluedragon:

Joel G.

All my followers have died in battle: Lydia, the tiger mage, another college recruit. The only ones that have stayed alive are Shadowmere and Belrand. I hated that I had to part ways with Belrand to start on the Dawnguard quests with the Vampire chick as my follower.

My big mistake is that i left belrand with some badass armor and staffs and when I finished a few quests, I went back to my stuff in the winking skeever. to my surprise he didn't have any my stuff any more and wanted $500 again to contract him! bastard!

does anyone know a way around this?

aaust12

Born In a Cornfield
All my followers have died in battle: Lydia, the tiger mage, another college recruit. The only ones that have stayed alive are Shadowmere and Belrand. I hated that I had to part ways with Belrand to start on the Dawnguard quests with the Vampire chick as my follower.

My big mistake is that i left belrand with some badass armor and staffs and when I finished a few quests, I went back to my stuff in the winking skeever. to my surprise he didn't have any my stuff any more and wanted $500 again to contract him! bastard!

does anyone know a way around this?

Had to do the same thing with the mage guy in the Riften bar (Can't remember his name). I payed him the 500 looted all my stuff back and parted ways again. I'm sure you'll be able to get your stuff back if you just pay him. 500 gold isn't much at all.

MMZephyr

Hey guys, if you only use a follower for a pack mule and you want to get rid of it but still loot a lot, you could always use the console command player.setav carryweight 9000 to make you able to carry as much as you want. It's a cheat, obviously, so don't do it if you hate cheating.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Bro I had a similair problem on my assassin. Since your sneaking I would go through the Dark Brotherhood quest and take Ciscero he is just as stealthy as you and fights like a champ. Also if your companion grabs agro gtfa (get the f*** away) from said offender. If Cicero annoys you i dont know what to say but look up the rogue companion types. lol

Joel G.

Had to do the same thing with the mage guy in the Riften bar (Can't remember his name). I payed him the 500 looted all my stuff back and parted ways again. I'm sure you'll be able to get your stuff back if you just pay him. 500 gold isn't much at all.

Thanks for the suggestion aaust12! I will give it a shot. I was pissed that the equipment might be lost since he was not "wearing it" like he was when i last left him. Had him hooked up too. Orc helmet, elven armor, glass boots, and steel gauntlets. Not to mention two firebolt staffs, dwarven shield, and ebony sword/battleaxes. I was so pissed! lol

Joel G.

Bro I had a similair problem on my assassin. Since your sneaking I would go through the Dark Brotherhood quest and take Ciscero he is just as stealthy as you and fights like a champ. Also if your companion grabs agro gtfa (get the f*** away) from said offender. If Cicero annoys you i dont know what to say but look up the rogue companion types. lol

I loved Cicero the character during the dark brotherhood storyline that i did finish, but had belrand at the time, who is also a badass. I might ask cicero to follow me for a change of companionship :). That is of course once i finish the dawnguard quests and get rid of the boring vampire chick.

Yeah the A.I. is so terrible on the followers, plus they are always getting in my way, I absolutely refuse to use them.

aaust12

Born In a Cornfield
Thanks for the suggestion aaust12! I will give it a shot. I was pissed that the equipment might be lost since he was not "wearing it" like he was when i last left him. Had him hooked up too. Orc helmet, elven armor, glass boots, and steel gauntlets. Not to mention two firebolt staffs, dwarven shield, and ebony sword/battleaxes. I was so pissed! lol

Marcurio (Had to Google the name, lol) didn't have any of my stuff equipped either. I had him wait somewhere and I lost him so I had to wait until he "got tired of waiting and returned home". Like I said you should be able to get your stuff back you just have to re-hire them.

I hate all tanks. They get in my way constantly and screw up my sneak attacks. I like marcucio and jzargo. They're both sneaky and will stay behind me as long as I don't give them a sword. Lol. I have shadowmere so yes. He can kill a dragon with his hooves hahaha lol. I love my shadow. :-) I used lydia for that one daedra quest where u kill a thrall lol. Sorry to all u people who love lydia but I absolutely hate her. "I'm sworn to carry ur burdens" all snooty and disgusted. Ugh. Janessa isn't too bad either. She gets stuck on crap a lot though. But she doesn't get in the way

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts