• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
In my newest save, I have lost already three... no FOUR followers and one of them was my wife. : ( They just disappeared and never came back. Even though they cause a lot of trouble, I go with them rather than alone. I have tried so hard to found their body, but no, I can't find!

I don't know anyone who I would like to follow me next... all my favorites are gone, gone, gone! Lydia, Belrand, Janessa and Uthgred. All of them had good armors and many good items.. :'(

Maybe I'm just going to travel alone... for now.

:eek: YOU LOST BELRAND? He is awesome..

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
Give me a Dremora, Winged Twilight, or Orgrim Titan anyday over a puny man or mer

AryoAsh

Great article! That's one reason I never take any companions with me. The main reason I don't take them either is because they take my kills, which takes extra experience I could gain on my own.

And like everyone else the horse thing annoys the hell out of me. They always end up getting themselves killed too. I even leave my horse far enough away from the quest to where she shouldn't even get involved. But damn if they ain't always tryin to be the hero.

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
Great article! That's one reason I never take any companions with me. The main reason I don't take them either is because they take my kills, which takes extra experience I could gain on my own.

And like everyone else the horse thing annoys the hell out of me. They always end up getting themselves killed too. I even leave my horse far enough away from the quest to where she shouldn't even get involved. But damn if they ain't always tryin to be the hero.
I know what you mean about the horses. One exception is Shadowmere. He went with me through half of the main storyline, and just recently died from a Giant powerattack. Only really strong attacks, or you can kill him because he has insane health regen.

Skyrim

Master Thief and Assassin
I know what you mean about the horses. One exception is Shadowmere. He went with me through half of the main storyline, and just recently died from a Giant powerattack. Only really strong attacks, or you can kill him because he has insane health regen.
My Shadowmere died within seconds of me travelling to Dawnstar because of a dragon attack. I was pretty bummed.

AryoAsh

Now thinking about it they should give you the option when you "fast travel" to take your horse with you or leave him/her at the stables. Because more then half the time my horses die is when I fast travel into a straight attack unknowingly.

Skyrim

Now thinking about it they should give you the option when you "fast travel" to take your horse with you or leave him/her at the stables. Because more then half the time my horses die is when I fast travel into a straight attack unknowingly.
I second the motion. My follower can hold it's own, but when some stupid dragon attacks me, my horse is screwed. My first horse, Frost and Shadowmere all died from some stupid random encounter.

AryoAsh

There
I second the motion. My follower can hold it's own, but when some stupid dragon attacks me, my horse is screwed. My first horse, Frost and Shadowmere all died from some stupid random encounter.

I'm on the quest right now where I stole Frost and all his papers for Black-Briar. Are you able to buy Frost from her after the quest or did you just keep Frost and never turn him/her over?

Second I know the folks that make Elder Scrolls could make a patch for this, they need to add this to the next update. I know it wouldn't be to hard. When you fast travel after you pick the place you want to go, it should say Take or Leave Horse at the stables. Easy as that. I know somehow someone her can contact them. Let's make this happen!

Skyrim

Y
There

I'm on the quest right now where I stole Frost and all his papers for Black-Briar. Are you able to buy Frost from her after the quest or did you just keep Frost and never turn him/her over?

Second I know the folks that make Elder Scrolls could make a patch for this, they need to add this to the next update. I know it wouldn't be to hard. When you fast travel after you pick the place you want to go, it should say Take or Leave Horse at the stables. Easy as that. I know somehow someone her can contact them. Let's make this happen!
You can persuade Louis Letrush to take the horse.

Motorboater

I could never really get into using followers. I tried Lydia but she was pretty weak compared to my opponents so I crafted her some armor to help her out, you know nothing special just some orcish armor a shield and a dagger to help my smithing skill but she couldn't even hold her own against a couple of restless draugrs so I "parted ways" with her but let her keep the armor in case I ever needed her again and didn't want to lose the armor. But overall I really think followers in general are just a pain in my ass. Oh and nice article btw :)

Starki113r

To be honest, Followers to me are useful for one reason only: Loot. When I'm doing my OCD "Clear the Place Out" routine for every dungeon, cave, house, fort, temple, and bathroom in the game, I need someone who can carry that dirty plunger for me... oh wait, scratch the last part, this isn't Fallout...
Anyways, if you're the kind of person who hates sneaking, is a precision fighter (e.g. very good with a Bow), and/or just doesn't really care about problems with Followers' AI, then you'll be fine. Otherwise, just leave the annoying little <censored><censored><censored><censored> (that would have made Lewis Black blush, btw) at home, in their forgotten pit, or wherever the hell they like to call home.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I HATE COMPANIONS!!!! There, said it...

Why? For all the reasons stated in this brilliantly written article. My personal gripe with all companions (and Horses) is that they just get in the way. If I go out to slaughter a few Draugr, or Thalmor, or Necromancers, then I want to kill them, all of them, not half, not one quarter, ALL OF THEM!

I don't want Lydia sneaking in a killing shot when I'm fighting a Draugr Death Lord, stealing my thunder. I don't even use them for carrying my loot. I'd rather just take the most valuable items and leave the rest.

Brilliant and very relevant article... :D

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
yeah I don't really like followers. I mean I'm a simple blacksmith, then here comes this Lydia woman following me around like a skeever. then when i turn around shes just standing there taking up space, and in a smithing station that's dangerous!

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
I have been cursed with getting comapnions killed. Lydia, Farkas and some other girl from the Companions.
One thing I shall never forget is Aela helping me in killing Kodlak's wolf spirit.
'Yes, Aela, just stand there with your petty dagger and NOT stab the wolf while it mauls me to death repeatedly!'
I gave up on the human followers and decided to do Louis' quest and get Frost. Not much better!
'Okay I am going to leave you here in Dustman's Cairn. Stay. Stay. Right, now where was...OFFS where is this damned horse now!' and I'd find the cursed animal in a nearby bandit camp kicking the living white into a bandit.
Followers probably only pushed my blood pressure to an apex and carried items; otherwise, to me, just damned annoying!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I get what you mean. The helpers I say "we're going on an adventure!" to is the ones that I can summon when I actually need them. For example. Lucien LaChance. I never leave him out of a good fight. Why? Mainly because I missed him from Oblivion, but also because as a mostly stealth and range reliant player I'm sort of useless in a melee fight. But since I can summon Lucien LaChance then kill him afterwards it balances out. I also use Call of Valor as a mid-fight summon. Quick, easy, and doesn't eat up magicka. Then when they have served their purpose and provided a distraction, I kill them. They don't mind. I'll summon them again so they can have their glory as my meat-shield. Otherwise I leave companions at home. Or in a crypt after i sent them to draw out some draugr and they got hit by one of my stray arrows and decided to fill a soul gem.

Sweet Solitude

I never really had follows untill the Cicero came availible as one. He has relatively decent sneak, can tank for a good bit, and always says the most intersting things. The funniest thing happened when he was followingme. We were sneaking around in a house in windhelm, when suddenly he says. " Oohhh...Cicero's heard about the Butcher. Interesting knifework. Just...stab, stab, stab, stab, stab! And then...stab, stab, stab, stab, stab! " It scared the life force out of me because I thought we were going to be found.. but luckily for us they were very heavy sleepers.

Now I have had a problem with horses, They go charging into a battle with an army of forsworn or a freaking Ancient Dragon and die. Untill I meet shadowmere who is just so badass that she ( Shadowmere really doesn't have a gender but it's female in my head~) Can tank anything that comes in her path.. Ancient dragons, forsworn, Stormcloaks, you name it she can tank it. But she doesn't handle falls too well... I am just more carefully climbing down mountians~

In short, the only follower worth taking is one that keeps things intersting and horses are idiots and unless they can tank a dragon and live then I'd just rather walk.

Omega Dragon

I usually love having a team rather than just going solo, but Skyrim definitely is better solo for sure.

My most memorable event with a companion NPC was some months ago after recruiting Faendal to be my typical mule. I decided to call him off for a while and later committed a crime, got punished, and decided to go find my damn mule. So I decided to go back to Riverwood to recruit his sorry butt again. Yeah, well, he wasn't anywhere in that town, so I decided to use the console to find him (player.moveto).

Where was he? In the player's jail cell in Whiterun! No joke, itwasn't even the cell where you find all the dead corpse with the COC console command. I'm like, screw it, and left him there.

nacman99

i will be half way in this one. yes the AI of the followers is not the best and their inteligence is probably the same of a real life dog, but is just awesome to have somebody that is always on your back and stuff...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts