Why do some People think Ulfric Stormcloak is Racist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Anyone that has a leadership position and enforces policies of segregation based on race is a racist. Ulfric enforces laws which keep the Dunmer in the Gray Quarter and banishes beast races to live in tenements along the docks. In other words, Ulfric is racist.

FullmetalHeart20

Hahaha, yeah n isn't the empire falling apart n weakened for their layaway of Skyrim and its people? Pfft at least be good at it dude
So is that how it is? Looks like honor only counts for so much with those Stormcloaks. They stick with Cyrodiil through the wars and violence, but a treaty term that's basically only enforced by the Dominion is their breaking point? That's just plain hypocritical.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
So is that how it is? Looks like honor only counts for so much with those Stormcloaks. They stick with Cyrodiil through the wars and violence, but a treaty term that's basically only enforced by the Dominion is their breaking point? That's just plain hypocritical.
Yeah, from their POV, they did all that fighting and laying their lives on the line just to have their once beloved Empire fold because the Thalmor said "do it or else", basically. For what the Nords of Skyrim stand for, thats jus plain unacceptable from what I've gathered from them. If they (the Empire) aint going to do what they (the Nords) think is right, the just and logical thing for them to do is take things into their own hands right or wrong? If you see something you don't like, your jus goin to sit their and say "oh, ok, we'll jus put on hold all that we stand for until Talos knows when for this weakened Empire to stand up and fight back." Gotta see it from the Nords point of view.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Yeah, from their POV, they did all that fighting and laying their lives on the line just to have their once beloved Empire fold because the Thalmor said "do it or else", basically. For what the Nords of Skyrim stand for, thats jus plain unacceptable from what I've gathered from them. If they (the Empire) aint going to do what they (the Nords) think is right, the just and logical thing for them to do is take things into their own hands right or wrong? If you see something you don't like, your jus goin to sit their and say "oh, ok, we'll jus put on hold all that we stand for until Talos knows when for this weakened Empire to stand up and fight back." Gotta see it from the Nords point of view.

Are you implying that the Nords of Skyrim did all of the fighting during the Great War? If so, you're wrong in every sense of the word. The war was fought by people of all races; Imperials, Nords, Redguards, Orcs, you name it. In fact, compared to Hammerfell and Cyrodiil, Skyrim was virtually untouched. Cyrodill and Hammerfell wee ravaged, their people slaughtered in droves and their cities burned and sacked. And despite fighting hard and long for many years, the Empire's efforts were not enough.

It was Titus Mede II's cunning and intellect which won back the Imperial City in the final battle of the war, one in which he actually fought in himself. After beating the Aldmeri there badly, both sides had been exhausted and weathered. Calling an armistice and agreeing to the terms of the concordant saved what was left, and Mede intended to regain his strength and play along until he was finally strong enough to fight again.

Instead, we have Ulfric; a captured POW during the war who gave up information to the Thalmor, creating more chaos and disorder and further prolonging the Thalmor occupation by forcing the Empire to devote tie and resources into quelling his rebellion. Resources that could have gone towards rearming and gearing up for another war.

FullmetalHeart20

And then there's reality. If the majority of a conflict takes place in one land, is it really fair for another to make judgments? Also, the Stormcloaks aren't all encompassing. They're basically a radical group, and don't speak for the High King. That must be why their leader killed him :mad:. I don't care what people say about Nord tradition. There are some traditions worth getting rid of.

thatwudbryan

Are you implying that the Nords of Skyrim did all of the fighting during the Great War? If so, you're wrong in every sense of the word. The war was fought by people of all races; Imperials, Nords, Redguards, Orcs, you name it. In fact, compared to Hammerfell and Cyrodiil, Skyrim was virtually untouched. Cyrodill and Hammerfell wee ravaged, their people slaughtered in droves and their cities burned and sacked. And despite fighting hard and long for many years, the Empire's efforts were not enough.

It was Titus Mede II's cunning and intellect which won back the Imperial City in the final battle of the war, one in which he actually fought in himself. After beating the Aldmeri there badly, both sides had been exhausted and weathered. Calling an armistice and agreeing to the terms of the concordant saved what was left, and Mede intended to regain his strength and play along until he was finally strong enough to fight again.

Instead, we have Ulfric; a captured POW during the war who gave up information to the Thalmor, creating more chaos and disorder and further prolonging the Thalmor occupation by forcing the Empire to devote tie and resources into quelling his rebellion. Resources that could have gone towards rearming and gearing up for another war.
Man, I really gotta read 'The Bear of Markarth' when the HELL did Ulfric give the Thalmor information??? News to me man shoot

Edit: whoops lol

thatwudbryan

And then there's reality. If the majority of a conflict takes place in one land, is it really fair for another to make judgments? Also, the Stormcloaks aren't all encompassing. They're basically a radical group, and don't speak for the High King. That must be why their leader killed him (mad). I don't care what people say about Nord tradition. There are some traditions worth getting rid of.
Reality wait thought this was a Skyrim discussion?:confused: If you, your friends and family were involved in such a conflict, yeah I'd say its pretty damn fair alright. N back to my last response, whats wrong with being angered over what you once believed in and stood for getting shat on for what some universal enemy basically forced upon you? Seems legit as f*** to me. N tell that to the Nords or Any race for that matter c'mon now man! Its easy to talk about doin the right thing but with all the BS goin on at the time, its understandable to make rash decisions like that think about it, if your backs to the wall and you keep gettin pushed I'd hope for you to push back, thats exactly what Ulfric is doing while the Imperials play the waiting game with the Thalmor doing the same. SC's are basically bumrushing the whole lot of them and I respect that, takes balls, what the Imperials sorely lack

Look there are rumors of thalmor DLC from bethesda and even if it isnt true the says that they are planning to go to war so if there isnt a DLC then it will iver happen in the Dovakins future or in tameriels futuer or in thhe next elder scrolls game. And the onley excuse the people who side with the stormcloaks use are the imperials surrenderd to the elves and the empire is planning a second war plus stormcloaks are week. Hammerfell soliders are highley trained fighters so they can hold up against the elves so i realley dont mind them breaking away from the empire unless they get in my way. Stormcloaks are just random nords and dont say there not because ive seen farmers who say im joining the stormclaoks the ones you see in battle are the realley good ones. And the empire respest the orcs almost as much as the redguards and bertons do andas my main characters and orc i will stay loyal to my race.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Hes the best guy with the best personality in the Game. His Bodyguard Galmar might be but Ulfric is not. Hes a Revolutionary fighting for his Country and Freedom hes like our Founding Fathers hes trying to get his Country to be free from a curropt and dying Empire also like our Founding Fathers did. There are ALOT of parallels between our Revolutionary war and Skyrims War, And The Revolutionary Militia and The Stormcloaks. All the Empire wants to do is take Skyrims Resources and tell them what to do and take away their Freedom also like the British did.

We think he's racist because he is. Go talk to Brunwulf, he'll explain it. Ulfric may be an interesting character, but he doesn't give two plopss about the beast races.

FullmetalHeart20

Reality wait thought this was a Skyrim discussion?:confused: If you, your friends and family were involved in such a conflict, yeah I'd say its pretty damn fair alright. N back to my last response, whats wrong with being angered over what you once believed in and stood for getting shat on for what some universal enemy basically forced upon you? Seems legit as f*** to me. N tell that to the Nords or Any race for that matter c'mon now man! Its easy to talk about doin the right thing but with all the BS goin on at the time, its understandable to make rash decisions like that think about it, if your backs to the wall and you keep gettin pushed I'd hope for you to push back, thats exactly what Ulfric is doing while the Imperials play the waiting game with the Thalmor doing the same. SC's are basically bumrushing the whole lot of them and I respect that, takes balls, what the Imperials sorely lack
First, to be clear, I realize it's just a game. I simply like to analyze this stuff from a realistic point of view. Now then, what you said about the Nords having balls? That's not how I view starting off a civil war with the death of your highest authority. It would speak better of them if they endured this 'hardship' then waging bloody battle over it. To be clear, the Stormcloaks seem to believe everyone who has suffered and died because of the Civil War is justified. Because they technically are not allowed to worship Talos, they think all of that is okay. Now what yo need to ask yourself is, what would you be thinking if your nation did something like that today.

thatwudbryan

First, to be clear, I realize it's just a game. I simply like to analyze this stuff from a realistic point of view. Now then, what you said about the Nords having balls? That's not how I view starting off a civil war with the death of your highest authority. It would speak better of them if they endured this 'hardship' then waging bloody battle over it. To be clear, the Stormcloaks seem to believe everyone who has suffered and died because of the Civil War is justified. Because they technically are not allowed to worship Talos, they think all of that is okay. Now what yo need to ask yourself is, what would you be thinking if your nation did something like that today.
Oh so rummaging up the few n proud (hehheh) people of Skyrim to take on the 'almighty empire' and the Thalmor doesn't take balls????????? I'd need Plenty of convincing to believe that n maybe even a mail order of some RL cash ;) n that'd still be a maybe. N if we're talking realistically, when has Ever anyone one group of people or even a single person done All the right things, made all the right decisions and taken everyone's well being into account, especially under the harsh coniditions of a Civil War??? Take you're time with that one I'll wait. If that happened IRL like the exact situation of Imperials vs SC's I'd go Imperial no doubt, im by no means a religious man, at all. Im jus speakin from the nords of Skyrim view is all, of course its easy to point someones flaws from the outside lookin in, obviously

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
You don't have to be racist to take advantage of those who are, for your own personal/political gain. We saw that in real life during the last election.

FullmetalHeart20

Oh so rummaging up the few n proud (hehheh) people of Skyrim to take on the 'almighty empire' and the Thalmor doesn't take balls????????? I'd need Plenty of convincing to believe that n maybe even a mail order of some RL cash ;) n that'd still be a maybe. N if we're talking realistically, when has Ever anyone one group of people or even a single person done All the right things, made all the right decisions and taken everyone's well being into account, especially under the harsh coniditions of a Civil War??? Take you're time with that one I'll wait. If that happened IRL like the exact situation of Imperials vs SC's I'd go Imperial no doubt, im by no means a religious man, at all. Im jus speakin from the nords of Skyrim view is all, of course its easy to point someones flaws from the outside lookin in, obviously
Well, somehow this thread mutated into another Imperials vs Stormcloacks debate. If you are just speaking from their point of reasoning, but believe they are wrong, then we are in agreement. I can sympathize with them to a point. It is always hard to loose something precious. However, the only reason a war is justified is if more would be lost without it.

thatwudbryan

Well, somehow this thread mutated into another Imperials vs Stormcloacks debate. If you are just speaking from their point of reasoning, but believe they are wrong, then we are in agreement. I can sympathize with them to a point. I is always hard to loose something precious. However, the only reason a war is justified is if more would be lost without it.
Tssss no kiddin but yeah, I believe them fighting what can be their only allies and the whole racial supremecy bit is wrong, however, I do believe their reason for uprising and fighting back is right and I will keep defending that. It's just ridiculous that Imperial supporters cast that aside as if it were not a factor, its a Huge factor but Imperial 'sympathizers' don't seem to think so which says a lot about their core values. All in good fun though not enough SC supporters other than Raijin that I know of

FullmetalHeart20

Tssss no kiddin but yeah, I believe them fighting what can be their only allies and the whole racial supremecy bit is wrong, however, I do believe their reason for uprising and fighting back is right and I will keep defending that. It's just ridiculous that Imperial supporters cast that aside as if it were not a factor, its a Huge factor but Imperial 'sympathizers' don't seem to think so which says a lot about their core values. All in good fun though not enough SC supporters other than Raijin that I know of
You misunderstand. Talos worshipers deserve sympathy. Stormcloaks are brutes who think violence is how one solves a political and ideological issue.

thatwudbryan

You misunderstand. Talos worshipers deserve sympathy. Stormcloaks are brutes who think violence is how one solves a political and ideological issue.
I do understand, thats why I'd rather go SC in the game for what you just said about em. If I wanted to be a nice guy in a video game I'd play animal crossing :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts