1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do some People think Ulfric Stormcloak is Racist

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Nordic Vampire Lord, Dec 8, 2012.

1. thatwudbryan

thatwudbryan yet another skyrim enthusiast

I'll take a good laugh over rustled jimmies anyday of the week though :D

2. thatwudbryan

For the record Im shallow as all hell in regards to the whole deal. Don't like them red 'tunics', do like blue. Don't support high powers, do support minority/rebellions. Simple as that really, much more interesting to help the weaker side than the established power IMO. Plus if they were to make a 'VS the Thalmor DLC, I'd think it'd be more fun and challenging to be a SC. I got a freakin nord mage Imperial afterall since I wanted him to be mindful and 'politcally correct' aside from my devil may care characters

3. Docta Corvina

Docta Corvina Well-Known Member

You know what, fair enough. ;) I don't care who/what people play as or whatever. I just enjoy discussing/debating the ramifications of it, as well as the history/lore behind it. At the end of the day, the only ones with power to canonize anything are Bethesda and all of our goofy squabbling will remain an exercise in BS. :p

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Shogun of Gaming

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is great. In the end the Dark Brotherhood forever.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. samgurl775

samgurl775 Cerberus Officer

I really admire your ability to stay calm and collected in these debates. I really wish I had your patience, but after reading a few posts I'm just like
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. thatwudbryan

Also, these kind of threads always have Imperial supporters out numbering SC supporters, can't have that. You startin to catch my drift? ;) I do however think the heart of the reason for Stormcloaks fighting (not Ulfirc himself, n saying ALL SC's fight just for Ulfric himself is ridiculous) is a just cause.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Austin Chaos

Austin Chaos Member

I'd imagine...like with any conflict...some of the SC's are in it for Ulfric, some for their beliefs, others because that's what their families did/believe, and then there's probably some who just wanted a taste of glory without dedicating their life to service of the Empire. Even if they are radicals, we need to remember that they're just people, and most of them probably want one thing only...peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    thatwudbryan: 3 Points (Yup) Dec 12, 2012
  8. Docta Corvina

Haha, trust me, I make the same faces and gestures sometimes and then I'm like, "Aww, hell na!". And then keep going with posts. I'm a tad stubborn, this I know and admit. But the material just has me spellbound and I can't stop debating and engaging it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. FullmetalHeart20

FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

There are many ways to fight for a just cause. A Civil War is low on my list. Way I see it, the war is stupid, Ulfric started the stupid war, he must die.
    But to answer the actual thread topic, he's racist because there's plenty to say so. He doesn't lift the legal segregation of the Dunmer, Argonians are assaulted for entering the city walls, and he makes no effort to protect elven and beast citizens of his own hold. All of this is established in game as canon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Docta Corvina

Very true, and well said! Yeah, I firmly believe that Bethesda wanted to make us understand that the civil war IS a very tragic thing. They made a point to show old friends Rikke and Ulfric and Galmar urging each other to get out of the way during the final battles, and old pals like Hadvar and Ralof at the start of the game interacting and you get an idea of just how terrible the conflict is for so many people of Skyrim. Can't forget that a good portion of the Legionnaires you encounter in Skyrim are actually Nords (hence widely local recruitment) - it's literally brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor. It's actually pretty wretched stuff, and Beth did well to drive that point home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jersey Dagmar

Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

You really think that they want peace? I understand there are more races in Elder Scrolls than just Man. But, seriously? People are bloodthirsty. It's in their nature.

12. thatwudbryan

Makes you wonder why no-one tried to pull a Thalmor on the US after the real Civil War

13. FullmetalHeart20

Then the real question is, who's fault is this?

14. Ned

Ned Nerevarine

Ulfric isn't racist, he's just putting his people first and worrying about their well being above others.

Ulfric is alpha, type A, and he's getting things done. There are always unfortunates when war is being fought. So be it.

The Nords must defend their heritage, beliefs and homeland. The Imperials have failed and must turn over Skyrim to its people.

Don't like war? Are you racially sensitive? You like men in skirts? Too bad. Skyrim is for the Nords!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Janus3003

Janus3003 Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Rulers should probably count all their citizens as "their people," not just members of the same race.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Docta Corvina: 8 Points (THIS.) Dec 12, 2012
    OckhamsFolly: 4 Points (You'd think that, wouldn't you?) Feb 5, 2013
  16. FullmetalHeart20

If that's the case, I'm glad that kind of society died with most of the Norse culture.
    I'll say this only once. If you're a troll, please leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Seanu Reaves

Seanu Reaves The Shogun of Gaming

isn't nord heritage the empire? you know since Talos made the empire? or am I missing something

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gowsh

Gowsh Old Fart

I don't have lore to back this, but in general, why would a side with a decisive advantage even bother to entertain surrender? Just roll 'em up and solve your problem for a long time, IMO.

To me, this implies that the Aldmeri Dominion was facing a similar problem as the Empire in available resources to commit to battle.

Was the Empire really threatened by immediate destruction? I kind of wonder.

19. FullmetalHeart20

So it was bad for both of them. The Dominion put a term in the treaty that would weaken their enemy while they stepped out of the fight. Very clever!

20. Gowsh

Gowsh Old Fart

I've kind of skimmed this subject catching up, but have I not yet read the dread words "Bear of Markarth?"

This tome definitely paints Ulfic as a less than tolerant fellow.