Why do some People think Ulfric Stormcloak is Racist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

stagnant94

Hes the best guy with the best personality in the Game. His Bodyguard Galmar might be but Ulfric is not. Hes a Revolutionary fighting for his Country and Freedom hes like our Founding Fathers hes trying to get his Country to be free from a curropt and dying Empire also like our Founding Fathers did. There are ALOT of parallels between our Revolutionary war and Skyrims War, And The Revolutionary Militia and The Stormcloaks. All the Empire wants to do is take Skyrims Resources and tell them what to do and take away their Freedom also like the British did.
funny, the british empire was at it's height after the revolutionary war. what with india and south africa under it's control

JClarke1953

Ummm, my friend's here in Skyrim? Let's not forget, this is "only" a game? It is a good learning tool I think about politic's in general, and how people will treat other's because of their belief's (Whitemane and Silver in Whiterun are at odds because of differing belief's. and the two clan's used to be very close).

So, let's not take this game too seriously, because we really don't have that much control, even in RL.

Hes the best guy with the best personality in the Game. His Bodyguard Galmar might be but Ulfric is not. Hes a Revolutionary fighting for his Country and Freedom hes like our Founding Fathers hes trying to get his Country to be free from a curropt and dying Empire also like our Founding Fathers did. There are ALOT of parallels between our Revolutionary war and Skyrims War, And The Revolutionary Militia and The Stormcloaks. All the Empire wants to do is take Skyrims Resources and tell them what to do and take away their Freedom also like the British did.

The only thing that is the same between our founding fathers and Skyrim's Ulfric is they both could not defend an invading army of magic using, merciless elves. If Ulfric and his Cloaks broke from the empire, the Dominion would sure as heck be all over Skyrim in a heartbeat. So no, Ulfric is nothing like our founding fathers. He just wants to be high king to further his own desires.

Also, an answer to your question "Why do people think Ulfric is racist?" Let me answer that. For starters, he thinks everyone who is not a nord is below him. Moreover, he does nothing about the way the Argonians and Dark Elves live while most of the Nords in Windhelm live in mansions bascially.

No wonder everyone thinks he's racist. Empire is so much better than a useless rebellion.

He is racist just look at the argonians and dark elves in windhelm. When youask the dark elves after the imperials take other if you side with them they say they prefer it under imperial lead and the new king is going to let argonians back in so im pritty sure ulfric is racist.

He is racist just look at the argonians and dark elves in windhelm. When youask the dark elves after the imperials take other if you side with them they say they prefer it under imperial lead and the new king is going to let argonians back in so im pritty sure ulfric is racist.

Exactly, Ulfric is the most racist bastard in the game and deserves a traitors death. Stormcloaks are just a lost cause.

koty889

The white gold concordat, by the way, if you don't know what that is get off this thread. The Imperials lost all support of the Nordic population when they surrendered to the Aldmeri Dominion, again, to properly discuss this topic you must know what both of those are. The Imperials surrendered when they didn't have to and allowed the Thalmor to enter skyrim. The empire brought this upon there selves.

On top of that they abandoned Hammerfell which used to be a province of skyrim. Hammerfell alone fought until a peace treaty was signed. The Empire abandonded the people of Skyrim and Hammerfell.

Docta Corvina

^ Actually, make that roughly HALF of the Nordic population. If all of Skyrim was united in wanting to break from the Empire, there wouldn't be a civil war raging.

Let's all make sure we're on the same page with that before we start telling others to GTFO for not knowing about the Concordat. :eek:

Let's debate, but let's have all of our ducks in a row. Namely, the relevant facts represented accurately.

koty889

No they abandoned the entire Nordic population when they allowed the Aldmeri Dominion to enter skyrim and didn't hold their borders.
They also dishonored the ENTIRE Nordic population by surrendering.

Docta Corvina

No they abandoned the entire Nordic population when they allowed the Aldmeri Dominion to enter skyrim and didn't hold their borders.

I'm not arguing that there are Nords who hate what was done. What I'm saying is that to say that all of Skyrim hates the Empire is simply untrue. There are Nord Legionnaires (like Legate Rikke and Hadvar) fighting on the Empire's behalf and for what they believe is best for their homeland. It's presented as a roughly evenly split set of allegiances.

Lifts-Her-Tail

I have to atmit I don't think Ulfirc is racist nor are the empire I think that they shouldn't of started war anyway!

koty889

I will agree that my first statement was false. But i do believe that everyone should understand the Concordat before posting, i also believe the empire dishonored and abandoned the entire Nordic population.

koty889

The only thing that is the same between our founding fathers and Skyrim's Ulfric is they both could not defend an invading army of magic using, merciless elves. If Ulfric and his Cloaks broke from the empire, the Dominion would sure as heck be all over Skyrim in a heartbeat. So no, Ulfric is nothing like our founding fathers. He just wants to be high king to further his own desires.

Also, an answer to your question "Why do people think Ulfric is racist?" Let me answer that. For starters, he thinks everyone who is not a nord is below him. Moreover, he does nothing about the way the Argonians and Dark Elves live while most of the Nords in Windhelm live in mansions bascially.

No wonder everyone thinks he's racist. Empire is so much better than a useless rebellion.

The reason the Dominion is even a problem is because of the empire. If the empire hadn't done the cowardly thing and signed the Concordat the Dominion would not even be a problem. Part of the Concordat was to release Hammerfell from Skyrims control to the Dominion, Hammerfell refused, and the Dominion attacked and LOST. Hammerfell alone held its own against the dominion, had the Empire backed them with legions of Nords we wouldn't be having this problem. There would be no rebellion, the worship of Talos would be allowed there would be no rebellion. Long live the True Sons and Daughters of Skyrim, The Stormcloaks.

koty889

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Something I don't understand is why the Stormcloaks (and Ulfric) act like the banning of Talos worship is strictly a Nord issue, like it was a personal slap in the face. I've played Oblivion and let me tell you, the people of Cyrodiil were no less dedicated to Talos than the people of Skyrim.

Docta Corvina

Something I don't understand is why the Stormcloaks (and Ulfric) act like the banning of Talos worship is strictly a Nord issue, like it was a personal slap in the face. I've played Oblivion and let me tell you, the people of Cyrodiil were no less dedicated to Talos than the people of Skyrim.

Aw, I been ninja'd. :p Was about to post about this too, hehe.

But you're completely correct, Tiber Septim was worshiped in Cyrodiil and I have to wonder how many people who assume that the Empire just caved "for no reason" at the Great War's end and flippantly disregarded Talos have even played Oblivion or have read much of the associated lore. :confused:

The white gold concordat, by the way, if you don't know what that is get off this thread. The Imperials lost all support of the Nordic population when they surrendered to the Aldmeri Dominion, again, to properly discuss this topic you must know what both of those are. The Imperials surrendered when they didn't have to and allowed the Thalmor to enter skyrim. The empire brought this upon there selves.

On top of that they abandoned Hammerfell which used to be a province of skyrim. Hammerfell alone fought until a peace treaty was signed. The Empire abandonded the people of Skyrim and Hammerfell.

No, not ALL nords. Also the Empire had to surrender. If they hadn't, the Dominion would have destroyed the empire. So no the empire did not bring this upon themselves. Also you have to think, if you were an emperor what would be more important? Signing a treaty so you and your people could live on and not be dictated by high esteemed elves, or continuing to fight a war that you know you were going to lose.

Also a province can't a be a province of another province. So you just screwed yourself there. Furthermore, if the empire abandoned Skyrim, then why are they fighting in it? They are there quelling a stupid and pointless rebellion. All the Stomrcloaks are just pawns of Ulfric so he can be high king, and he just uses the banned worship of talos to stir people up. So the people of Skyrim who support the Stormcloaks are nothing more than children who can swing axes. With a racist leader who won't even lift a finger to help any of the other races. Argonians and Dark Elves are not below nords, if anything the Ulfric should step down. If he is that hot headed about other races, then Ulfric is no better than the Thalmor.

The reason the Dominion is even a problem is because of the empire. If the empire hadn't done the cowardly thing and signed the Concordat the Dominion would not even be a problem. Part of the Concordat was to release Hammerfell from Skyrims control to the Dominion, Hammerfell refused, and the Dominion attacked and LOST. Hammerfell alone held its own against the dominion, had the Empire backed them with legions of Nords we wouldn't be having this problem. There would be no rebellion, the worship of Talos would be allowed there would be no rebellion. Long live the True Sons and Daughters of Skyrim, The Stormcloaks.

I already said why the emperor had to sign the treaty in my last note. By the way, I killed Ulfric (while playing as an Argonian and with the help of my Dark Ef friend) slowly and painfully. So much for your sad rebellion that was nothing more than a failed attempt to get your master to the throne of Skyrim. I don't support the empire, but I joined them to be rid of the blight of Skyrim and so MY people (the argonians) could live like normal people in Windhelm.

Also, if your rebellion would have succeeded, Skyrim would have been destroyed by the dominion. So getting rid of Ulfric was for the greater good of skyrim.

Awww poor babies, they lost their honor. That is why the empire is so much better. They don't have to worry about honor and all of that other useless crap. In the army, honor means absoloutly crap.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts