Why do some People think Ulfric Stormcloak is Racist

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
I wasn't offending him, I was just saying. He twisted around what Longest said - something perfectly valid and true - turning it into something to support his own argument that is completely false. It's not uncalled for, it's just a fact.
My point being, don't pussyfoot around and shake hands n make due with a group of people who ultimately want to see ALL of you and anyone else not them either dead or enslaved although slavery doesn't sound like their bit, they would probly think too lowly of humans to even consider them for that, bastards

thatwudbryan

Balgruuf seemed okay with it! And so did a lot of Nords, before people like Heimskr and Ulfric started being trouble-makers and riled everyone up. I'm just saying, people were free to worship Talos as much as they wanted before the Civil war, and as long as it wasn't so public the Thalmor heard about it, it'd be fine. Let's say you're a real ale-lover. You only ever drink real ale, nothing else, not even water. You'll probably die prematurely. If you were dying of dehydration in a desert, would you rather have a cup of water, or nothing at all?
Thats because Balgruuf's a straight BOSS! N when you say 'being troublemakers and riled everyone up' you mean being a true nord right? Praying talos and fighting for yours is making trouble? :confused: More like giving the finger to the Thalmor which the rightfully deserve. The empire? "We're your friends right now guize! Lets leave each other alone but these dirty talos worshipping SC scum? Death for them shoot!" - "No"

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
My point being, don't pussyfoot around and shake hands n make due with a group of people who ultimately want to see ALL of you and anyone else not them either dead or enslaved although slavery doesn't sound like their bit, they would probly think too lowly of humans to even consider them for that, bastards

And my argument against this being is that the Empire have no choice currently. The Dominion are too strong. Let's try the umpteenth metaphor: you're trussed up like a turkey and gagged. There is no way to escape. A terrorist is holding a gun to your head and demanding you join him and blow up a skyscraper, or he will kill you instantly. Do you nod, or shake?

Now let's say later, you're putting the bomb in the building with him. Do you make a run for it? No, because he'd still be able to shoot you. That's what it's like for the Empire. The Dominion are too strong for them to handle, even as three provinces. The weaker the Empire get, the more solitary and independent each province gets, the closer the Dominion get to achieving domination of Tamriel. Pride will only get them killed - sure, they may look heroic in the end, but the Empire will accomplish nothing of any benefit with heroics.

FullmetalHeart20

So the Empire can't possibly be ignoring Talos worship because it's the right thing to do? How strange. Apperantly the worst possible explanation is a given for the Empire, especially if it's based on assumptions. By the way, I thought this was just hilarious. When lore disagrees with ones argument, say the lore is unreliable! Works for everything, I suppose.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Thats because Balgruuf's a straight BOSS! N when you say 'being troublemakers and riled everyone up' you mean being a true nord right? Praying talos and fighting for yours is making trouble? :confused: More like giving the finger to the Thalmor which the rightfully deserve. The empire? "We're your friends right now guize! Lets leave each other alone but these dirty talos worshipping SC scum? Death for them shoot!" - "No"

Balgruuf is a straight up boss. He loves Talos more than Ulfric does, even now. Did he rebel? No. Ulfric could have prayed for Talos without any sort of trouble. Do you think the Thalmor just waltzed along one night and knocked down all the shrines of Talos? No. Hence, all the shrines and temples to Talos are still there, and could be prayed too properly.

The Thalmor DO deserve the finger, but if Skyrim reach independence, they're most likely cutting off their supplies from the Empire, making them ripe for the Thalmor's fingers. This is more like the Empire "Yo! We love all our provinces equally. Because yeah. Woo. Oh no, Skyrim is rebelling." "HUR DUR WE'RE THE THALMOR WE'RE GOING TO OPPRESS YOU BECAUSE WE SUCK." "Oh noooo, we can't do anything because if we do, we'll break the treaty and get in a war with the Thalmor, and if we just sit back and let the Stormcloaks take Skyrim we'll be weak and ready to be killed by the elves and so will they! Wow, what a lose-lose!"

thatwudbryan

And my argument against this being is that the Empire have no choice currently. The Dominion are too strong. Let's try the umpteenth metaphor: you're trussed up like a turkey and gagged. There is no way to escape. A terrorist is holding a gun to your head and demanding you join him and blow up a skyscraper, or he will kill you instantly. Do you nod, or shake?

Now let's say later, you're putting the bomb in the building with him. Do you make a run for it? No, because he'd still be able to shoot you. That's what it's like for the Empire. The Dominion are too strong for them to handle, even as three provinces. The weaker the Empire get, the more solitary and independent each province gets, the closer the Dominion get to achieving domination of Tamriel. Pride will only get them killed - sure, they may look heroic in the end, but the Empire will accomplish nothing of any benefit with heroics.
Excuses, theres a good saying about em but I currently forget. What exactly are they waiting for then riddle me this??? Only correct answer is the Dragonborn cuz they've proved they can't take on the Dominion even at full strength, yet, its not wanted by the Thalmor for the Stormcloak rebellion to win??? Hmmmmm, I find that Very interesting

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Excuses, theres a good saying about em but I currently forget. What exactly are they waiting for then riddle me this??? Only correct answer is the Dragonborn cuz they've proved they can't take on the Dominion even at full strength, yet, its not wanted by the Thalmor for the Stormcloak rebellion to win??? Hmmmmm, I find that Very interesting

That's because it's a lose-lose for the Thalmor too.

EMPIRE WIN: The Empire keep their strength, making them a still reasonable force to be reckoned with.
STORMCLOAKS WIN: The Thalmor lose their influence in Skyrim, and worship to Talos, the god of Man (who the Thalmor hate), continues.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I love selective hearing... Look the other way about worshiping Talos... Ulfric had to make it an issue though High King Torygg respected Ulfric and would have left the empire if asked... Also I think its odd Ulfric lost at the moot, so he started a rebellion and replaces all the Jarl's so he could win the next one... True High King eh? why didn't they vote for you last time?

FullmetalHeart20

Being a 'True Nord' sounds heroic, sure...right until it invites a war. Anyone who thinks the Stormcloaks are right, please imagine what it would be like if one invited a war like that in RL. Would you call it heroic while you're dying in the mud?

That's because it's a lose-lose for the Thalmor too.

EMPIRE WIN: The Empire keep their strength, making them a still reasonable force to be reckoned with.
STORMCLOAKS WIN: The Thalmor lose their influence in Skyrim, and worship to Talos, the god of Man (who the Thalmor hate), continues.

Yes, but if the Thalmor can squash the Empire, and the Stormcloaks don't have the strength to squash the Empire, then what chance do the Stormcloaks stand against the Thalmor?

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
Yes, but if the Thalmor can squash the Empire, and the Stormcloaks don't have the strength to squash the Empire, then what chance do the Stormcloaks stand against the Thalmor?

Wait - say what? Sorry, I'm just really confused.
So Thalmor > Empire
Empire > Stormcloaks
Then obviously Thalmor > Stormcloaks

So I assume you're talking about a Stormcloak win! But if the Stormcloaks aren't strong enough to beat the Empire, how could they win?

Basically what you said made no sense and has mindfluffed me. Hard. I'm going to go lie down and soothe this headache because...oww O_O

thatwudbryan

So the Empire can't possibly be ignoring Talos worship because it's the right thing to do? How strange. Apperantly the worst possible explanation is a given for the Empire, especially if it's based on assumptions. By the way, I thought this was just hilarious. When lore disagrees with ones argument, say the lore is unreliable! Works for everything, I suppose.
When not even lore can make one believe that what the Empire is doing is whats best for Skyrim. Not the empire, for Skyrim. "But if they do, all Tamriel wil be doomed!" So the people of Skyrim jus kickback, pray in secrecy and let their people die? -"No"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Skyrim is part of Tamriel right? more importantly they are of men. kickback and pray... How about kickback and be helpful instead of feeding into Ulfric's BS... But we are off topic IS ULFRIC RACIST!!!! hmmm I would say so...

FullmetalHeart20

When not even lore can make one believe that what the Empire is doing is whats best for Skyrim. Not the empire, for Skyrim. "But if they do, all Tamriel wil be doomed!" So the people of Skyrim jus kickback, pray in secrecy and let their people die? -"No"
Kick back, pray in secrecy, and build a big fluffing army. Any group that could take down the Blades need some serious firepower to fight. It was a close thing to begin with, and humanity is weaker than they were. It's probable that if this war fails, the Thalmor will make sure they can't go to war again. They need to make it count.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Hey take it to the Imperials or Stromcloak thread if you want to talk about the overall conflict. Here is where you defend or talk plops on Ulfric lol

thatwudbryan

Being a 'True Nord' sounds heroic, sure...right until it invites a war. Anyone who thinks the Stormcloaks are right, please imagine what it would be like if one invited a war like that in RL. Would you call it heroic while you're dying in the mud?
Lets not do the RL comparisons please its a video game lets keep the debate true to that eh?

thatwudbryan

I love selective hearing... Look the other way about worshiping Talos... Ulfric had to make it an issue though High King Torygg respected Ulfric and would have left the empire if asked... Also I think its odd Ulfric lost at the moot, so he started a rebellion and replaces all the Jarl's so he could win the next one... True High King eh? why didn't they vote for you last time?
Me too thats why I'm here ;) N DAMN Ulfric aint such a bad polititian after all huh!? Must be from his days with the legion ;)

FullmetalHeart20

Lets not do the RL comparisons please its a video game lets keep the debate true to that eh?
That's exactly the wrong idea. How can we decide which side is right if we just view it as code and voice actors? The more impersonal we make this topic, the more skewed and flawed our arguments are. Not thinking of this in terms of real conflict does the topic a disservice.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
I love RL comparison. It's the basis of my argument.

Anyway Longest, I agree. Ulfric is a racist, it's blatantly obvious. Captain Obvious would have such a hard time being more obvious than everybody else on the matter that he would kill himself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts