• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
To be honest I make my housecarl the steward as I never use them as followers anyway. Especially at Winstad Manor. I build that house to be my solitary place away from kids, husbands, housecarls, bards, pets, carriage drivers etc... Old Vald is happy to mine the clay deposit 23 hours a day and so i have the house to myself.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
My family lives inside the walls of Solitude, though my character does have his own little fortress of solitude out in Falkreath to go to when he needs a place to stay and isn't in the mood to pay for an inn. Seeing as how Falkreath is close to Riverwood he felt that Faendal would make a good steward, taking care of things while he's away and still being close to his lover/obsession Camilla.

Dovahkiir

I just choose whatever housecarl is available at the property, convenient and less NPC clutter

its mostly an honourary title anyway, how often do you need to order chickens anyhow?

Frozen Nord

In my current playthrough, I've only built Lakeview. I made it into a family home, all the deck additions, and moved my family there. I chose Lydia because she is always glitched at Breezehome (obsessed with that one chair in your room) and would have a more normal routine at Lakeview, and I wanted a strong follower as a steward to help defend the place. It helps that she calls me Thane. Makes it seem more fitting.

When I build the one in Morthal... I am very likely to make it into a mage's retreat with all the tower additions (seems like that's a popular choice.) And I would think I'd go with Illia in that case. She's a bit too... um.... destructive... to trust guarding my kids, but she'll do fine in the swamp. As for the Dawnstar location... I'm not sure yet. I'd build all the tall additions there that I didn't use in the other two. I might get one of the orcs from that orc stronghold under constant attacks by giants.

zuko514

I am a bit of worry about using mage as steward. What happen if the spell hits my housecarl, and they begin to kill each other.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I am a bit of worry about using mage as steward. What happen if the spell hits my housecarl, and they begin to kill each other.

I had Illia as my steward. She used to cast Ice Storm and she wielded her mothers staff of Fire Wall. Both of these are pretty high damage AOE spells, and she never had any issues agroing my housecarl or follower...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you have some bread and Bloodwine it could be Dinner and a Show? :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Rayya (Falkreath)
Brelyna (Dawnstar)
Gregor (Morthal)
I do the same thing. Housecarl/Steward - same thing. Since I don't have family and children I really don't need someone guarding the house anyhow. The skeever in the basement will take care of any intruders. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts