• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

phoebe

I haven't chosen one yet and am curious about everyone's choices.

I wish J'zargo could be a steward!

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I haven't chosen one yet and am curious about everyone's choices.

I wish J'zargo could be a steward!
This one has a plan.

She will build the swamp house and make Lydia the steward. Then she will take the housecarl, Valdimar, traveling with her for a time... because he is baaaaaaaad!

Cazimir

I really wanted Derkeethus as a Steward because prior to even getting Hearthfire I imagined it was him handling my Dragonborn's secretarial stuff. But apparently his dialogue for it wasn't ever implemented. So, I went with Lydia.

Saozig

Hippy
I've gotten Jordis, Uthgerd, Talvas and Faendal for stewards in various games.

Jordis is great for Lakeview manor as she's as tough as Rayya and that place gets attacked more than other locations IME.

I like Uthgerd but her unprompted lines stay the same so you have to listen to her say over and over how to get to know a Nord woman and to "keep walking, softgut", which is a bit rude to say to one's employer, I must admit.

My Dunmer rescued Talvas from Neloth's employ and he made a great steward, especially for a Dunmer character, but you have to go to Solstheim and do his quest (and don't rat him out to Neloth!) before he's available as a follower so you can take him back to Skyrim. Despite what has been said of his stats, Talvas is really good in a fight, often conjuring a Flame Atronach and then using Ice Storm.

Faendal's my most common choice, mainly for conveience. But his random lines don't change either so he may be in Windstad and he'll still be saying "Riverwood's agreeable enough...for a Nord village". Also he still pines of Camille. He's the steward for my new Bosmer character and also her favorite follower so when he's not doing steward duties for her, I just have him follow her so he shuts up about Riverwood and Camilla for the time being.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I am thinking of making Faendal my Bosmer's steward, or perhaps the other wood elf from the Dawnguard

Wildroses

I mostly pick Rayya and Lydia as they are very easy to get. Lydia I may already have. I want stewards fast so I can buy cows and chickens. I like cows and chickens.

Ease of acquiring is really my only criteria with stewards as I seem to be the only person on the internet who finds Lakeview Manor a quiet place to live. For some reason I've never seen the dialogue option: 'How are the kids?' once, so I don't even have to listen to husbands whining incorrectly about how dangerous the place is to live.

MrDSL

I always use Jordis for Lakeview since having her in Solitude all alone doesnt make sense. and Rayya will hang outside Lakeview so its perfect having them both on guard.

Usually do Marcurio for Hyjawhateveryoucallit or someone else that is far away in case I want to use them as a follower its easier and quicker to find them.

I'm not great with names but the Windsor manor place I randomly pick someone..Once you get Valdimar he will simply guard the Windsor property so it works out great.

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
With Hearthfire available, I can now do "the Khajiit thing" and not buy the houses in the cities... not even Breezehome. I don't even bother becoming Thane of anything but Whiterun (cuz it's automatic), Hjallmarch (Windstad Manor), The Pale (Heljarchen Hall), and maaaaaaybe Falkreath.

Valdimar is a fun follower -- good with both spells and weapons.

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
I went with Lydia, although I have no idea why. She really bugs me now... Im sick of hearing "I am your sword and your shield" and "long life to you, Thane". Just stop knocking all my stuff off shelves and let me buy more chickens!

If you choose a follower to become your steward who isnt a housecarl, do you still get some annoying dialogue? I have only built one house so far, and have only had one steward.

Amaketh

I chose Lydia for Windstad Manor, but that was because she basically offered. After my chickens and cow got killed by a giant and my horse got killed by bandits i decided it was best to move and made lakeview manor. For that i used Valdimar as he was my follower at the time and i'm using Onmund as follower now...just because i love his voice! Once Runa finally brings back a fox i will be happy... although after 2 months in game time im not sure shes going to bring a pet back at all!! thank god for Samuel and his skeever...

lvl 35 Bosner

sticky runes

I've got Roggi Knotbeard in Lakeview because I've been using a relatively new game and he's one of the earliest followers I got hold of. Plus I've never used him for anything before (blades or marriage), so I thought it would be nice to give him a new job.

Feandal is my steward at Windstad, because I recently went back to Riverwood and befriended him, plus he makes an awesome follower. He seems to get along with my husband Benor as well. He stands there watching him dig up clay! Valdimir doesn't seem very sociable, he's always patrolling the edges.

Haven't bought the property from Dawnstar yet.

Ritterkreuz

I've only built Lakeview so far, and since Rayya is a new character to the game, I went with her. Not very original I know, but why not.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I use Illia from darklight tower, she's a a frost mage so when a dragon or something attacks she casts ice storm, it's handy having a tough steward to help the housecarl in fights.

MrDSL

I always give my stweards and housecarls that guard the property really good weapons that are enchanted..Its the only equipment they will always have on by default when not in my service..

Havent lost one yet.

Zyphur

Brelyna is my steward for Lakeview Manor, which is my main one. I chose her because I wanted a female dark elf mage for a steward, lol. The house is more racially mixed with her, so now it has orcs, a dark elf, and humans instead of just orcs and humans, and there's more female presence there besides just Rayya. And mages are always fun. Part of my character's backround is that Brelyna is her best friend. The thing I don't like about her is that she always talks like she's still at the College, it really breaks immersion for me.

Illia is my steward for that Morthal one, whatever it's called. I chose her because I felt bad about leaving her alone in that tower. :3 I would've put her in Lakeview if she was an elf.

Ghorbash the Iron Hand is my steward for that last one. I made up for my character's backround that he's her ex who she's still on good terms with, because I was gonna have her marry him but changed me mind. :rolleyes:

I've only built Lakeview so far, and since Rayya is a new character to the game, I went with her. Not very original I know, but why not.

Because she's gonna stay there as the housecarl anyway. But, it doesn't really matter.

Karen

boop.
I just went with Rayya because she was, you know, right there. And when I first got Hearthfire I just wanted to start building right away, so I didn't want to spend much time scouting for talent.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
My first steward was Eola, chosen in a momentary yet highly severe lapse in judgment. Now I fear I'll return home for dinner, only to be served my children. o_O

My second steward was Uthgerd the Unbroken because she's very easy to get (just punch her and you're best pals). I'm starting to regret this decision as well, as she constantly calls me "soft-gut", even though she works for me.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I married Vilkas so my steward is not a member of the Companions. Otherwise Jorvaskrr would be very, ehm, *empty* :D. But I have a question: I want my steward to wear ugly brown robes like all the other stewards in Skyrim. Is that even possible? I just think that looks better than their own armor...

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I married Vilkas so my steward is not a member of the Companions. Otherwise Jorvaskrr would be very, ehm, *empty* :D. But I have a question: I want my steward to wear ugly brown robes like all the other stewards in Skyrim. Is that even possible? I just think that looks better than their own armor...
If you get pickpocket to 100 and get the last perk, you can pickpocket their equipped armour, then give them the robes and they will wear them, if you have dragonborn you can do this then use the blackbook to re-do your perks, that way you don't have to keep perks in pickpocket.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts