Who else uses Requiem Overhaul?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Personally, I absolutely enjoy using this immersive, classic roleplaying mod. I've tried using SPERG, SkyRe and other gameplay overhauls, but none of them felt as whole and not quite as expansive as this mod.

When I first started playing Skyrim, I always felt as though some components were a bit… off. This mod redesigns a little bit of everything in the game; the world's leveling system, the attributes, skills and perks, the combat, exploration and atmosphere, and so much more. But don't get me wrong, Skyrim is still my favorite RPG game of all time.

So who else uses this mod? What's your opinion? Do you like it or dislike it? Don't be shy now.

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Fate would have someone make this post right after mine.

And as such with great pride that it is said no comment.

Really? Well how do you like that. XD

Dar

I was actually just thinking about using it, but at the moment my computer is offline and apparently it doesn't support manual installation, so it's not really an option for me. (My computer is pretty f***** up right now so I couldn't get NMM to work anyway, haven't tried Mod Organizer though). I've just started SkyRe and am loving it, though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
I was actually just thinking about using it, but at the moment my computer is offline and apparently it doesn't support manual installation, so it's not really an option for me. (My computer is pretty f***** up right now so I couldn't get NMM to work anyway, haven't tried Mod Organizer though). I've just started SkyRe and am loving it, though!

Hmm, well that stinks. SkyRe was the first gameplay overhaul mod that I tried, it was pretty good… from what I remember, it was quite some time ago. SkyRe is considerably smaller (in terms of kb memory) than Requiem, so it is a good starting point.

Reaper87

吉光
Requiem. At least we know where we are now.
2427524-john_117.png

Sorry guys, had to say it. :p

Seriously though, I might need to read more about this mod, as if I had Skyrim on PC, I don't think that I'd want a mod that would change the game totally, rather keeping it as Skyrim.
As I said, I'll read more about it and post again when my opinion is more researched. :D

EDIT: Found a better photo of Chief :p

Last edited:

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Masterchief_Emoticon.png

Seriously though, I might need to read more about this mod, as if I had Skyrim on PC, I don't think that I'd want a mod that would change the game totally, rather keeping it as Skyrim.
As I said, I'll read more about it and post again when my opinion is more researched. :D

Haha. ^^

Anywho, if you want to look more into it, there are several videos that explain most of what the mod does on the nexus site. In fact, here's the link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

It's a nice change, especially if you've played the game as long as I have… which is well over 2500 hours, hehe. :D

Last edited:

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
Masterchief_Emoticon.png

It was now or never

Last edited:

Reaper87

吉光

hershangames

Well, I don't use, but I'd like to know more about it and see if it's worth. They certainly depict it great, but I don't really know what it does.

I won't have WiFi for about two weeks, so if you wouldn't mind explaining[emoji28]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TheNatural

I've tried requiem, and I love the idea of it. Especially the immersion aspects of it, like the built-in needs system, the fast travel removal, the hand placed items in the world, etc. What I did not like, however, was the static nature of the enemies and characters. While it does make certain choices earlier on pretty tough, and you will often need to run away from battle or back out of a cave, the static enemies and much slower leveling speed means you spend a lot of time fighting the same old vanilla skyrim enemies for a few levels, and then you hit another "tier" and then you fight other versions of the same enemies or strengthened versions of the vanilla enemies. For example from level 5-9 you fight basic drauger in dungeons for the most part, then mostly restless from 10-15 (I dont know if those are the actual numbers, just making a point).

I always ended up going back to SkyRe with a bunch of immersion Mods.

Now I am using PerMa and loving it. I use a slew of difficulty mods alongside iNeed and Frostfall with a few other immersion mods peppered in and for me it's the perfect blend of what I want. An amazing perk overhaul that lets me set the parameters for the way the rest of the world and how it reacts. The problem I find with mods like Requiem is that it makes all of those immersion and gameplay choices for you, so if you only like 70% of it and hate the other 30% there is nothing you can do but suck it up.

SkyRe fell into that pitfall a wee bit as well, but not nearly as bad as Requiem. PerMa gives some of the best perk/item/armor/spell overhaul experiences out there, and I get to choose the rest.

Allllll of that being said, I still think about making a True RPG character sometimes, and by true I mean one that really focuses on a small few specific skills and lives life in Skyrim more realistically, and there are few all-in-one mods that really force you to follow a path for your character like Requiem does.

Chadonraz

I have a love/hate relationship with Requiem. The latest version (1.9.2), added two new, great features (enemies following you to different zones, and random dragon attacks only starting after "A Blade in the Dark").

I had Requiem installed for several months, but last week decided to take a break from it. I know that sooner or later I'll go back. For now I'm enjoying a less hardcore Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts