while looking for dwemer crossbow scematic i found this!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
.... just stop bro your making yourself look more and more wrong. I never said that orc wasnt interchangeable from orismer i said they are called that cause they are from orsinium. Also all you did was prove me right about the snow elves hate being called falmer, they said its an insult hence "holds negative meaning" and perfer to call them the betrayed all you did was put up support for what i said about the snow elves.

Actually not.

First of all Orsinium was an artificial kingdom created after the Orcs transformed. Orsimer is Aldmeri for "Pariah Folk". Orsinium was named after Orsimer, not the other way around.

Second, you originally argued that "The Betrayed" was the proper name for the Falmer. After showing that Falmer was you insulted me and we're overly insistent that you were correct. I then showed you that he prefers to be called Snow elf from Falmer and the Falmer holds a negative connotation.

He calls the Falmer betrayed because he himself is a Falmer and wishes to imply a difference.

So, bro, let's chill.

Actually not.

First of all Orsinium was an artificial kingdom created after the Orcs transformed. Orsimer is Aldmeri for "Pariah Folk". Orsinium was named after Orsimer, not the other way around.

Second, you originally argued that "The Betrayed" was the proper name for the Falmer. After showing that Falmer was you insulted me and we're overly insistent that you were correct. I then showed you that he prefers to be called Snow elf from Falmer and the Falmer holds a negative connotation.

He calls the Falmer betrayed because he himself is a Falmer and wishes to imply a difference.

So, bro, let's chill.
First of all idk how this turned into a debate about what they are called when no one actually know cause theres so little information about the snow elves out there. Secondly i dont really care what they are called to me it sounds like the proper name for snow elf cause the only snow elf that does care about them calls them the betrayed. So i tend to believe the truth from the guy who actually is the snow elf instead of all the other people who call them falmer and dont even know where the name came from.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
First of all idk how this turned into a debate about what they are called when no one actually know cause theres so little information about the snow elves out there. Secondly i dont really care what they are called to me it sounds like the proper name for snow elf cause the only snow elf that does care about them calls them the betrayed. So i tend to believe the truth from the guy who actually is the snow elf instead of all the other people who call them falmer and dont even know where the name came from.

We do know what they are called. The Falmer.

We do know where the name came from. It's from the Aldmeri Name for the Snow Elves, Falmer.

Like I have said. "The Betrayed" Are Falmer. The Snow Elves are Falmer. He calls the corrupted ones The Betrayed in order to show a difference between the pure ones. Both are Falmer.

Finally you do realize Bethesda made their name the Falmer in game, thus proving their name is the Falmer, unless you claim that they are wrong as well.

We do know where the name came from. It's from the Aldmeri Name for the Snow Elves, Falmer.

Like I have said. "The Betrayed" Are Falmer. The Snow Elves are Falmer. He calls the corrupted ones The Betrayed in order to show a difference between the pure ones. Both are Falmer.

Finally you do realize Bethesda made their name the Falmer in game, thus proving their name is the Falmer, unless you claim that they are wrong as well.
Well done you proved your more of a geek then i am lmao now for all i care you can call them falmer and ill call them betrayed. You said it yourself they are one in the same now if you dont mind id like to get back to the life i have that doesnt involve arguing with some geek about the history of a video game. Cause to me you are wasting my time telling me all this. Its a game, not some histort of earth. So therefore i dont care bro to me its the proper term cause like you and i both said its the term for the ones who left auri-el. I never said they werent falmer i said the proper name for them is the betrayed. The snow elves live in temples and are refered to as the snow elves. And the betrayed live underground. They are the falmer race but considered two different sides of the coin two different faces. So now id like to go back to my life thanks.

A.Auditore

maybe...
I'd just like to say theres nothing wrong with being a geek/nerd cause without us geeky nerds, you wouldn't know jackplops... also Drad wasn't arguing he was nicely correcting and giving you a little history of the game.

Edit: and there is nothing wrong with enjoying history of a game that has been out for years.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
- Snow Elves (whether blind/corrupted or perfectly healthy etc) are Falmer.
- The corrupted Falmer are called 'The Betrayed' by the Snow Elves as they do not want to be seen as the same. The Snow Elves are intelligent and kind (to a degree) whereas the corrupted Falmer (The Betrayed) were cursed and harbor hate against most living things and are blind.

Both of you are correct and you just cant see it :p I didn't mean to start an argument, I had thought perhaps people in different countries had their game call the Falmer 'Corrupted' by everyone (not just the Snow Elves), than I got confused when I saw your picture stated 'Falmer'. Tbh I forgot about them being called 'The Corrupted' by the Snow Elf.

Loading screen facts describe Falmer as twisted evil creatures that live underground. And seek to destroy all those who live above ground. So again falmer are classified as seperate beings from the snow elves.

The great statue ofIrkngthand is the only known visual representation of a Snow Elf, before centuries of subterranean slavery twisted the race into the vile Falmer.
Here is where they are Classified as something different.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Quotes

- Snow Elves (whether blind/corrupted or perfectly healthy etc) are Falmer.
- The corrupted Falmer are called 'The Betrayed' by the Snow Elves as they do not want to be seen as the same. The Snow Elves are intelligent and kind (to a degree) whereas the corrupted Falmer (The Betrayed) were cursed and harbor hate against most living things and are blind.

Both of you are correct and you just cant see it :p I didn't mean to start an argument, I had thought perhaps people in different countries had their game call the Falmer 'Corrupted' by everyone (not just the Snow Elves), than I got confused when I saw your picture stated 'Falmer'. Tbh I forgot about them being called 'The Corrupted' by the Snow Elf.
Thats what i tried to tell him/her we are both right in a sense but when you talk about a falmer you talk about the twisted evil things in the caves. When you talk about the snow elves you talk about the proud race that was in skyrim before the nords. They didnt get the name falmer till they were driven underground and turned into coldhearted monsters.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Loading screen facts describe Falmer as twisted evil creatures that live underground. And seek to destroy all those who live above ground. So again falmer are classified as seperate beings from the snow elves.

The great statue ofIrkngthand is the only known visual representation of a Snow Elf, before centuries of subterranean slavery twisted the race into the vile Falmer.
Here is where they are Classified as something different.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Quotes
You are kidding me right?

The Falmer and Snow Elves are the same race. I thought I made such clear. There are uncorrupted Falmer and Corrupted Falmer.

Knight - Paladin Gelebor is an example of an uncorrupted Falmer. The enemies called "Falmer" are corrupted Falmer. Both are the same race, just one twisted beyond belief. I have already disproved you.

Besides, you call me a nerd and say I have no life, concede defeat then return with worse evidence than before.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
Thats what i tried to tell him/her we are both right in a sense but when you talk about a falmer you talk about the twisted evil things in the caves. When you talk about the snow elves you talk about the proud race that was in skyrim before the nords. They didnt get the name falmer till they were driven underground and turned into coldhearted monsters.
Not your argument at all.

You said that the Snow Elves and Falmer were two different races, that Falmer is an incorrect term and that I must have never played Dawnguard because you have to be right.

Play the victim all you fluffing want but no one is going to believe you.

I give up arguing with you because you can't be reasoned with and Frankly you make me furious.

Not your argument at all.

You said that the Snow Elves and Falmer were two different races, that Falmer is an incorrect term and that I must have never played Dawnguard because you have to be right.

Play the victim all you fluffing want but no one is going to believe you.

I give up arguing with you because you can't be reasoned with and Frankly you make me furious.
They are considered different from the snow elves bro i never said they were not falmer but when you refer to a freaking falmer you refer to the damnedable things underground that have been corrupted. Thats what that loading screen says unless like you said yourself that Bethesda is wrong as well. Earlier i even told you that you are right that they are the same race and of course your huge ego that says you have to be right didnt listen to me telling you i mucking agree with you on that. When you talk about a damned falmer you refer the the evil things underground or "the betrayed". When you talk about a snow elf you refer to the the actual standing upright not blind race of white elves. I never said they were not falmer i said they are considered different from the snow elf race because of their deformities. Hence forth "the betrayed" since falmer comes as an insult the the "last living snow elf" on mundus (as far as we know) i call them by the proper name of the twisted creatures underground known as the falmer. This is only the proper name cause the uncorrupted and corrupted ones are considered to be two different sides of the mucking coin(not two different races).
Snow elves=proud race, lives above ground.
The betrayed=the twisted evil monsters under ground who kill for a living.
As a whole they are the falmer race.
But considered to be two different types of falmer. Hence forth "the betrayed" and the "snow elves" so the proper damned name for the killer monstrosities is the betrayed. Is that so freaking hard to understand?!?! Cause ive said it numerous times.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Guys, really? Is this argument seriously continuing? Just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Neither one of you two are going to give up, I see, so just agree to disagree and stop spamming this thread with all the arguing, please. I really don't mean to be rude, but the arguing isn't necessary...

Guys, really? Is this argument seriously continuing? Just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Neither one of you two are going to give up, I see, so just agree to disagree and stop spamming this thread with all the arguing, please. I really don't mean to be rude, but the arguing isn't necessary...
I honestly dont know why it turned into a debate in the first place it all started when i said on my personal opinion that the betrayed is the proper term. And "I" like to call them that.

And to be honest im probably gonna find out how to delete this thread cause looking at it makes me mad that someone would have to argue and be a smarta** about MY opinion.

AS88

Staff member
iqMU4BJsuIUTs.gif

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Snow_Elf

Falmer = Snow Elf

Snow Elf is generally used in reference to the beings before the events following the race's near extinction at the hands of the Nords, and Falmer is the term often used to describe what the race has become. But, they are all Snow Elves and they are all Falmer.

On the actual topic of the thread, the mini-Falmer in Nchuand-Zel have always been there, I see them every time after I turn the security equipment back on for the quest related to Calcelmo. There's always at least one on the spiral walkway around the tower right at the end of the bridge that you cross in the main chamber.

iqMU4BJsuIUTs.gif

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Snow_Elf

Falmer = Snow Elf

Snow Elf is generally used in reference to the beings before the events following the race's near extinction at the hands of the Nords, and Falmer is the term often used to describe what the race has become. But, they are all Snow Elves and they are all Falmer.

On the actual topic of the thread, the mini-Falmer in Nchuand-Zel have always been there, I see them every time after I turn the security equipment back on for the quest related to Calcelmo. There's always at least one on the spiral walkway around the tower right at the end of the bridge that you cross in the main chamber.
Thats what i told him

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts