Which game did you start playing the Elder Scrolls?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
I know I started playing Morrowind, on the PC. It was an unusual game as I was you when I played it. I then got Oblivion for PS3 and can't wait for Skyrim!
happy.png

What about you? Did anyone ever play Dagggerfall?

MellowGuy

I also started with Morrowind for PC. This is AFTER I played it at a friend's house on their Xbox. I later got oblivion for xbox 360 but found it laggy at first. Now I've not decided which version to get for Skyrim.

As for TES Arena and Daggerfall, I've not had the chance to play them.

Babb

I started with Morrowind on PC and bought Oblivion and spent hours between the both of them :]

Tri-edge

I Started on Oblivion :sadface: i mean dont get me wrong Morrowind is a great game but first playing Oblivion i got so used to evething game play wise the work world I on really started walking around and exploring the place after i finished the main quest but i just dident Keep with morrowind it dident intrest me as much but that might have been because i got Oblivion first.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Well.. I started with Oblivion, but I actually went backwards and played the earlier games after that. Now I've used and abused the fluff out of those games, especially Oblivion, that it's definitely time for a whole new world to explore. :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I also started out with Oblivion but on my PC. I have to admit though that I played neither Morrowind nor Daggerfall :< I simply was occupied with other games most of the time. However, I gotta say that this new texture pack for Morrowind looks incredible. Maybe I’ll give it a shot after Skyrim, regardless of how unlikely as that may sound ;p

Tusck

I started on Morrowind as well. What a great game that was. I think that was my first sandbox game I ever played. it was much better than Oblivion, which was fun but generic. I'm really hoping that Skyrim will bring back some of that old feeling.

Steve House

I started playing Morrowind on xbox..then oblivion (xbox) ...recently I played through Daggerfall as well...been trying to find Arena but ah well...only 9 days till I get my hands on Skyrim (thank god for midnight releases!!) and I'm completely stoked!!

I never played Daggerfall at all. Strangely enough I didn't start gaming until after high school and damn near the end of college, so I missed some of the great games. My first love with Diablo 2 back in '99.
I feel you you there but I was on the Diablo 2 bandwagon before then, I started with the first original Diablo, Cant wait for Diablo 3's release in March. But to keep along with the Topic I started off With Morrowind on the Xbox and What a game it was, Made my cousin and brother fall in love with the series as well from watching me play and now we all have Skyrim. Sooner or later I'm going to have to go back and play Arena And Daggerfall

Cave

Started on Oblivion for PS3. Absolutely loved it! and then heard about skyrim. felt like cryin of joy :D

- TLM93 -

Oblivion. I never played any previous games before Oblivion, but they are probably very fun. I was thinking about playing them sometime.

Timett

o_O
Daggerfall.

Old guy here, I guess. My uncle brought it to my parents' place over Christmas and helped me through the DOS prompts to get it up and running. I doubt I ever beat it - I remember it being an absolutely enormous game - but that could be youthful perspective!

I played the crap out of Morrowind when it was released, but barely touched Oblivion (even though I own it).

SaveVsBedWet

Started on the one that started it all - Arena on DOS obtained at some hole in the wall PC store off the shareware rack with Doom. If you've seen the box cover, and the warrior chick in the bottom center, you'll understand (if you're a guy) why I had to be a part of it! The first, still the best, as I say in the Skyrim thread. It can only be unheard of "WTF" new once. After that each game was a natural progression of a company proven to be hardcore pushing the envelope. But when Arena came out it instantly put everything else, like Ultima, King's Quest, et al, to complete shame in a way that will probably never be possible again.

Since then I've bought every TES game the day of release except Redguard, which I didn't buy at all because it sounded like it was going in a completely different direction from where Arena and Daggerfall was taking the experience customization. Best gaming experiences ever. Best money I've ever spent on a computer game.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I started on Oblivion, PS3. I had it for 3 years and I thought that Oblivion was so amazing, but Skyrim (obviously) absolutely demolishes it. I've never played any other TES game, apart from Oblivion and Skyrim but would certainly like to try them out in the future, even if there really old. :p

Thoser

Started with Skyrim, but if I'm done with Skyrim, I'm definitely going to check the previous editions.

Des_Zac

Oblivion here, still haven't finished the main story-line :/ I never even finished the first quest in the story line :D I just went straight into the Dark Brotherhood quests, I don't like the main story-lines of games usually.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts