Xbox 360 Which Faction should I join?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sython

I'm interested in Coming a Vampire Lord, but does that allow me to still have Serana as a follower.

Also on wiki it tells me this is a disadvantage coming a vampire lord;
  • Forced third-person view.
  • No access to the menu as it only brings up the vampire skill tree.
  • No access to the map.
  • Transforming or being seen in Vampire Lord form will make NPCs hostile.
  • You may also get stuck in some small doorways if you are in a dungeon or house. To avoid this, try turning sideways so that your wings go through the doorway first. In most cases, you can get through. When all else fails, the Bats ability will get you out of tight jams fairly well.
  • All disadvantages associated with the "lesser" Skyrim vampires also affect a Vampire Lord (increasing sunlight weakness primary among them, feeding to alleviate, etc.).
  • All armor, weapons, equipment, etc. cannot be used while in Vampire Lord form (except for the blood rings and amulets unlocked via quests, which will still give you their bonus).
  • Cannot pick up any items or open any containers (including loot from kills).
  • Cannot interact with the environment with the Use button in some cases. You can pull levers and chains or push buttons to open passages. You can open unlocked doors, but not pick locks, or even unlock them with a key.
  • Cannot use spells, shouts, or powers other than those specific to the Vampire Lord.
  • Cannot initiate dialogue with anyone, although you can respond if someone confronts you.
  • You will lose your racial bonuses.
  • Transformation takes a few seconds, during which time you can be attacked.
Is this only during vampire lord or both vampire lord and mortal?
Also do vampires have access to Death Hounds?

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
The disadvantages to being one are minor, as you can revert form anytime you wish.
I use my form to kill dragons, whole villages, bandit camps/strongholds, etc. I guess it's up to you if you wish to be one or not. You can try it and see and see if you think it's fun...or you can let the opinions of others ruin that experience for you.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
They both are a blast (to me) and fun to play. Play as the Dawnguard using a Paladin/Knight type character (I was an Orc Werewolf) and then play Vampires as an evil Mage/Necromancer or Vampire/Assassin. They both offer a good time.

Pete

I think of the vampire lord form requires you to play your character differently. This is the intent. Same is true with wolf form. These modes force you to not rely on equipment and weapons, but on the forms skills. Once I realized that, I have been having a blast.

My first ritual act as a vampire lord is to clean out NorthWatch keep and rescue that Nord. Oh how the Thalmor hate me after that -- the guards start saying 'Here you gave the thalmore a black eye'. Then they send their hit squads. Once I master the lord form, it's my best defense against dawnguard attacks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts