• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

For me , it`s often when trying to travel INTO Solstheim , either by fast-travel or paid boat ride.

Freezes in Raven Rock and when exiting Severin Manor.

Freezes in area west of Raven Rock. I have never been able to do that random Netch hunt without freezing.

Also the last 2 freezes were during random dragon attacks on Solstheim(one during fight , the other when looting the dead dragon). Both were near center of island.

ANY word on a possible upcoming patch would be greatly appreciated ?!

KattSand

Premium Member
Haven't play dragonborn in a while now, I'm waiting for the PC release. But my freezes happened on my way up to severin manor like 9/10 times. Had a couple of half freezes when I tried to fast travel back to Skyrim, where the loading screen show up and all, but it just never progressed from there.

A patch is most likely released sometime after the PC version becomes available.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Either paid boat ride or when I enter and exit Apocrypha.

JClarke1953

The freezes are getting more and more frequent. I've had 4 in the last half hour. My cache is clear, saves to a half dozen or so, but even just running on Sol and it freezes. Had two in Ft. Frostmoth fighting the Sand Spawn.

The first few day's running the new content I had no trouble, but as of yesterday, there have been major freeze-ups. In Skyrim as well as Sol. I'm not sure if it's the content, or because I have Live for now. One of them will go if this doesn't quit, and I care not which one it is.

Saozig

Hippy
Most of my post-Dragonborn freezing has been in Skyrim, not Solstheim, but I did have it freeze up once when my Dunmer was exiting the Manor.

Thankfully for me, since clearing my cache a few days ago, I haven't had a single freeze. But then again I haven't been playing any of the Dragonborn quests since then, just Thieves Guild and side quests in Skyrim.

JClarke1953

Seems most are during "auto save" of which I don't see in the load/save menu. So, if those are stacking up, where are they, and should/how do I dump them?

iZsoul

They don't happen , and when they will , there will be the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.

JClarke1953

I was noticing that the freezes seem to occur more on one char as opposed to the other. I can dual cast, and with the char I have freezes on, sometimes I have to cast 3-6 times before they work. Yet on the other, I have no hassle like that, and the older char has more "stuff", several homes, children, the Guild, Brotherhood among other "title's".

iZsoul

On the Xbox - when I'm connected to XBLA. If I play Skyrim 'offline' so to speak - runs smooth as silk, no crashes :)

That's weird , smooth on a console ?
I thought it's possible only on PC..

Docta Corvina

For me, it's either totally random like when I'm in the middle of fighting a dragon, or if I'm arriving at/leaving Apocrypha. I've learned to really, REALLY hate Apocrypha for that reason and so many more.

JClarke1953

On the Xbox - when I'm connected to XBLA. If I play Skyrim 'offline' so to speak - runs smooth as silk, no crashes :)

And I thought I was the only one! I unplugged my USB WiFi from my 360 the other day, and no skip's, shudder's or freezes!

So, if my Live runs out, or if I just unplug my WiFi, the game will run better. Thing is I want to know is, why? Is MS gathering info? What's going on and who is doing it? And why?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
My freezes seem to happen more when I'm just wandering...like, one minute I'm hopping along, minding my own business, and the next minute I'm frozen. I've also noticed that the load screen freezes have greatly increased since I downloaded Dragonborn too....

MrThirsty247

And I thought I was the only one! I unplugged my USB WiFi from my 360 the other day, and no skip's, shudder's or freezes!

So, if my Live runs out, or if I just unplug my WiFi, the game will run better. Thing is I want to know is, why? Is MS gathering info? What's going on and who is doing it? And why?

Does make you wonder! For me, the 'possible' future of always-online gaming (DRM and such like) / Games & DLC that require constant Internet connectivity are a sad and frustrating future for gamers like me. Just my opinion! (I believe this is what they're planning for the next 720...maybe this is the last Elder Scrolls game I buy as the above experiences can really ruin gaming)

On a side note (and slightly back on topic) _ I've been really quite impressed with the latest stability of Skyrim, compared to some slightly more comical glitches/bugs in Oblivion - it's great!

MrDSL

This is really starting to get annoying

For me it seems to mostly happen when Dragons are around. Either during battle with them or right before.

Adam Warlock

I`ve always had random freezes to one extent or another.
I began playing Skyrim unconnected to Xbox Live for 3 months.
By the time I signed up in order to get Dawnguard DLC , my game was practically unplayable with freezes of all sorts and those horrid "blue rooms" in certain interiors where you just keep falling.

The patch that came with Dawnguard helped immensely , fixed the rooms but never totally eliminated the freezes. Lagging and frame-rate hitches also were reduced in many problem spots.
I could live with that since freezes were occasional and I save often.

Hearthfire didn`t help much and added a serious freeze-up area to the map around Lakeview Manor (which was designed as my "family" house but has become unusable due to limited access).
Family is now at Heljarchen sharing space with my collection of Dead Thrall bodies.

Dragonborn seemed very promising at first.
I didn`t notice any significant problems until I had been on the island for a while but then the freezing began there in a serious fashion.
Interiors have been uniformly care free , no dungeon glitches , and the great majority of the outside areas operate just fine.

Raven Rock is the primary freeze area , especially when traveling there.
The best I can hope for now is to make it from Skyrim to the docks at Solstheim and quickly fast-travel to Tel Mithryn before a freeze occurs(average success @ 1 in 5 or 6 tries).

I made it there last night , went to Skaal Village(no prob) , Thirsk Mead Hall(no prob) , then to the Earth Stone and approached Raven Rock from the east instead of the docks. I got all the way to Glover Mallory`s blacksmith shop and attempted to save my game before trading with him and the game froze on the save screen.

Frustrated is a very mild word to describe how I feel.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
For me, it's either totally random like when I'm in the middle of fighting a dragon, or if I'm arriving at/leaving Apocrypha. I've learned to really, REALLY hate Apocrypha for that reason and so many more.
Yeah mine are really random, but abundant. I spent about 25 hours total playing Dragonborn and it froze about 11 times.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
I've noticed that for me, the characters that I had made before the DLC came out, froze more than newly made characters after having the DLC.

It's always been random, but it seems like it happened most when dual casting a spell, like harmony.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Adam Warlock

In a last ditch effort to correct these problems from my end , I uploaded fresh versions of the Skyrim disc and the 3 DLC onto a newly purchased 320gb hard drive , transfered a save , then attempted travel to and negotiating Raven Rock.

Same freezes , same places.

C`mon , Bethesda ! Gimme a patch !

LittleWolf14-10

Meridia's Champion
Mine just freezes just after fast-travelling. Every time, too. It means I can't get back to Solstheim so I can finish the quests there.
I've tried uninstalling a bunch of my mods, turning autosave off and even installed the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch. Very annoying.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts